Im coming to this show from Australia!

gnrlies

Hey there everyone

I will be coming to fresno to see GNR from Australia, so I need some local advice.

Ive seen that the savemart events center is close to the airport (im flying in). Can anyone recomend any accomadation (thats cheap) thats close by?

Also, another question.

On the 12th, GNR arent playing a show, so I can either chose to spend a day in fresno, or a day in portland.

Ive noticed that Fresno is near yosemite national park. Can it be done on a day trip? It looks very beautifull and I would love to see it if there are ample tours available (i wont have a car or anything).

Thanks!

I hope to see you all there!

Why would you do that... they're going to tour here next year dude! :unsure:

Well GNR arent exactly reliable - especially considering the only real evidence to go by came from a guy who isn't even in GNR.

I was planning to go overseas anyway, so the only difference is the timing and some of the locations (i.e. I wouldn't even have been able to point to fresno on a map!)

Nonetheless I hope they tour Australia, cos then I can see them there as well!

• 2 months later...
Hey there everyone

I will be coming to fresno to see GNR from Australia, so I need some local advice.

Ive seen that the savemart events center is close to the airport (im flying in). Can anyone recomend any accomadation (thats cheap) thats close by?

Also, another question.

On the 12th, GNR arent playing a show, so I can either chose to spend a day in fresno, or a day in portland.

Ive noticed that Fresno is near yosemite national park. Can it be done on a day trip? It looks very beautifull and I would love to see it if there are ample tours available (i wont have a car or anything).

Thanks!

I hope to see you all there!

Well, I live about 40 minutes from the gate to Yosemite up the hill on the way, and about 40 minutes from the venue. my guess is about 80 miles, but virtually no traffic once you get out of Fresno.

Is is ABSOLUTELY do-able. It is a straight line out of Fresno east 41 all the way. And if you can do it, I would highly recommend it. It isnt very crowded this time of year and it is truely amazing. I lived there for three years before I finally rode up there and I stopped my bike at least 20 times. It has been cold, so dress warm, but no snow yet, so you should be okay.

The airport only a few miles from the venue, but traffic can be a bitch , so plan a little early. Parking will be no problem. Plenty of places. The venue right next to Fresno State, so no worries.

As far as hotels, try clovis if not Fresno. I am excited for ya man, it s a beautiful arena, like 2 years old?? Not sure but new.

If you have any questions, places to eat etc, IM me

Next time a show is canceled for a shit-ass reason (or no reason, as per last night) I really hope people remember this particular incident.

Many apologists were quick to defend yesterday's cancellation and make up flimsy half-assed defenses ("Maybe Axl needs to rest his voice" was one I read).

Fact is - a lot of people invest more than just a ticket to go to shows. This dude traveled from fucking Australia to see a show and they canceled the day before with no valid reason, and all they offer as condolences are that, hey, you can get a refund at your point of purchase.

I feel so much for this guy right now. What a fucking bummer it must be for him to invest all that money, all that time and all that hope - only for something like this to happen.