End of An Era

Nick85

I've only been registered on this site for nearly a year but I read it regularly for years before.

It was great to read other peoples posts and identify with what they were saying. It's been a long and sometimes lonely ride for a GnR fan over the years and having a site just for us was great. I hope this site doesn't take a hit because I would really miss it and it would be ungrateful to all the people who's hard work has gone into keeping it running if we all left.

We will still have things to discuss like Axl's hair, clothes, dancing and eventually the colour of his zimmerframe :P . So I will hang around here as long as possible as I would miss the rants, ideas and views of you guys.

My only worry is that when the album is released this site will crash as we will all be giving our opinion on it.

• 2 months later...

Don't start breaking out the champagne yet guys...anything can happen in the world of GnR. I think until I have the album in my hands it will continue to be a myth.... :P

rocky never lies.

Yeah, those were the days when we thought the album was actually coming....oh well. I have given up and moved on.

What if Axl is so psychotic that he destroys all the master tapes and hard disks that contain Chinese Democracy?

For some reason, I don't think it is completely impossible to imagine Axl doing something like that.

Secondly, I'm building a time machine, made of wires and a potato. I will travel to the future, buy a copy of Chinese Democracy, bring it back to the present, and then burn shitloads of copies. I will send copies to whoever PMs me on here.

Now that the ball is "officially" begining to roll, I cant help but have bittersweet feelings. Im not sure what it's gonna feel like when Im finnally holding the album in my hands after waiting so long. Axl is our poet, maestro, and rockstar idol all in one. His words and music mean so much to so many fans. I guess that can justify our unbridled excitement all these years.

I just wanna thank Madison and Admin and the other mods (yes im being sincere) for maintaing such a cool site where we can talk about whats been cooking all these years. This site has some real characters and cool people, yes i even have a soft spot for Kaneda's amusing rants.

Im looking forward to sharing a new and exciting chapter with all you other GNR diehard fans. Im proud to be in your midst.

"I know its only rock n roll. But I like it."

Best, Nick

See all you Chicago fans on Nov. 27th!

Yeah, I'm bitter sweet about the whole GN'R thing at the moment. My favorite band (well my favorite frontman anyway!) are back but it's not really them. I was at the 1st show in SF in Sept and it was bitter sweet - I loved it coz I finally got to see Axl and heard him singing all my favorite tunes live but but hated the fact it wasn't really GN'R!