Re-recorded AFD CD

Dan Roberge

Does anyone remember when the new GnR was supposed to re-release AFD with an updated sound? We hear it at the end of the live SCOM of the Big Daddy Soundtrack. Who else is dying to hear this? I am. I heard Slash and co. blocked the re-release? Anyone got any news on this?

I'd much rather see CD. So would 99.99% of fans on here.

I'd love to hear the re-recorded AFD though. Saying this, after what we've heard of the new stuff and what we've seen on tour, other than Bucket's solos I'm not so sure it would as radically different as some would like to believe.

where did you get this that appetite was going to be re-released?

all i remember of it was axl saying how he got the new line up to re-record them, so that they can position themselves back in '86 and experience the motivation and emotion behind that record, to help them get up to speed...and at the same time rehearse them for the tour(s)....

i never read anywhere that it was actually sent off to production, mastering or anything of the sort....

that would be so pointless...he'd still have to pay royalties to slash and co for it....and now he'd have to share it with 7 other people...

it just doesn't make any sense to do that.

I had heard it on 97.7 HTZ FM (radio station here near Toronto) and they said Axl was hoping to re-release it. I agree about the cost splitting with the old band, but as we know, Axl is always trying to take from his old pals including taking the band name for himself. He wanted the band to sign away some of their music rights too. I heard Axl didn't want to let the movie - BLACK HAWK DOWN - use WTTJ for its soundtrack (apparently that is the song that was really playing in the chopper when it went down - based on true events) unless they signed a rights agreement to Axl. They obviously never did, and therefore the song was never in the movie.

Guest Matt13

I wouldn't want to see it released as an entire album (they were dropping two songs --YC and AG I believe-- and adding YCBM and Patience to it, last 'rumor' I heard way back when dinosaurs roamed the earth).

But, I think it would be a cool idea to release them one by one with new singles... it would be an interesting listen and that way, it would never be able to 'compete' with the orignal album... sales wise at least.

No way.I don't want to hear that.

AFD is the work of old GNR.

So you wouldn't go to a show then, right?

See the topic...

I don't want to hear a re-record of AFD.

Same goes for me. AFD as it is, is perfect! End of discussion all those who share a wrong opinion shall be shot.