With CD coming out, what camp are you in?

dustindmnd2

Alright, maybe I am foolish to be thinking Chinese Democracy is really going to come out this year, but it just seems like the right time and the real deal this time around. So with that, an honest question for us to ask ourselves about our reactions to CD once we finally hear it:

Which camp will you fall into with regard to reacting to the new music (not so much interested in polling as just hearing some thoughts, but...):

1.) Axl's Koolaid drinkers - You love Axl, and even if this thing is a huge peice of crap, you'll love whatever he puts out forever and ever. You will proclaim the greatness of CD no matter what. If you've ever said something like "Silk Worms is cool," you probably fit into this group.

2.) Registered Independant - Glad to hear Axl back, but if the album blows, you'll say so. If it is a classic, you'll hype it as such.

3.) Old School Gunner - No matter what, since Slash is gone, you think the album sucks because Gn'R is Axl, Slash, Izzy... yadda yadda yadda.

4.) Other - I guess if you choose this one you think you're smarter than me. Whatever. Pubes.

Anyways, again, not a poll so much as something to trigger thoughts on your perception going into the Chinese Democracy era.

Edited by dustindmnd2

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kool-AidGuy.jpg

i'll be disappointed if the album is bad, but i'm going to give it way more of a chance than i would any other random album. i think Axl deserves that much. alot of the Illusion stuff was wierd to me at first. now i love almost every song from those albums. i think the best music doesn't grab you right away. music that instantly grabs you can sometimes instantly leave you, too. i know in my gut that it's gonna be good. Axl is too fucking brilliant to not put out a smokin' album.

#2.

As much as I want CD to be good, I know there is a chance it will suck. (Not likely, because I love TWAT and CITR and the Blues and Madagascar, but there's still a chance.) And I will be able to admit if the album is not up to the 13 year wait.

Alright, maybe I am foolish to be thinking Chinese Democracy is really going to come out this year, but it just seems like the right time and the real deal this time around. So with that, an honest question for us to ask ourselves about our reactions to CD once we finally hear it:

Which camp will you fall into with regard to reacting to the new music (not so much interested in polling as just hearing some thoughts, but...):

1.) Axl's Koolaid drinkers - You love Axl, and even if this thing is a huge peice of crap, you'll love whatever he puts out forever and ever. You will proclaim the greatness of CD no matter what. If you've ever said something like "Silk Worms is cool," you probably fit into this group.

2.) Registered Independant - Glad to hear Axl back, but if the album blows, you'll say so. If it is a classic, you'll hype it as such.

3.) Old School Gunner - No matter what, since Slash is gone, you think the album sucks because Gn'R is Axl, Slash, Izzy... yadda yadda yadda.

4.) Other - I guess if you choose this one you think you're smarter than me. Whatever. Pubes.

Anyways, again, not a poll so much as something to trigger thoughts on your perception going into the Chinese Democracy era.

I like the way you write. Keep it up. :)

lets put it this way, no matter what i know i will love Maddy, The Blues, IRS, TWAT, Better, CD, Catcher, and probably Rhiad. if a song sucks, i wont deny it. i will look into it more and more to see if there is any good in it at all, but i wont be forced to love it. there will probably be songs that i will "like". Also, there will be songs that are amazing, but i wont discover untill i get the "hits" out of my system. for example, the UYI albums. After you fall in love with songs like dont cry, ycbm, knocking, ect. you find songs like breakdown,locomotive, estranged, coma, ect. this may prove to be a big factor in the success of CD. i am willing to bet that most of the songs will be tracks that must be heard with total concentration and a open mind(TWAT for example) for them to be liked. i know i didnt really listen closely to TWAT untill a couple of hours after it leaked, therefore my first opinions of it were not that good. you could tell there was something special there, but i just wasnt concentrating on the music because of the excitemnet. no matter what, this may be the case with almost all of CD.

Also, its worth mentioning that CD may not be much of a hit with a modern crowd simply because it will be too complex for a modern audince. Modern crowds listen to power chord after power chord, stale/common voices, and no musical growth whatsoever. most people will be expecting another appetite or UYI, if they have even heard them(you would be surprised how many people havnt).

lets put it this way, no matter what i know i will love Maddy, The Blues, IRS, TWAT, Better, CD, Catcher, and probably Rhiad. if a song sucks, i wont deny it. i will look into it more and more to see if there is any good in it at all, but i wont be forced to love it. there will probably be songs that i will "like". Also, there will be songs that are amazing, but i wont discover untill i get the "hits" out of my system. for example, the UYI albums. After you fall in love with songs like dont cry, ycbm, knocking, ect. you find songs like breakdown,locomotive, estranged, coma, ect. this may prove to be a big factor in the success of CD. i am willing to bet that most of the songs will be tracks that must be heard with total concentration and a open mind(TWAT for example) for them to be liked. i know i didnt really listen closely to TWAT untill a couple of hours after it leaked, therefore my first opinions of it were not that good. you could tell there was something special there, but i just wasnt concentrating on the music because of the excitemnet. no matter what, this may be the case with almost all of CD.

Also, its worth mentioning that CD may not be much of a hit with a modern crowd simply because it will be too complex for a modern audince. Modern crowds listen to power chord after power chord, stale/common voices, and no musical growth whatsoever. most people will be expecting another appetite or UYI, if they have even heard them(you would be surprised how many people havnt).

I tell ya what, I haven't agreed with so many people in a day before like I have today!

That's pretty spot on the mark there. rock3