What is GNR for you?

November_rain

For me they are my favourite band ever, Axl is MY IDOL and thanks to this band I started to love and appreciate good music. They´ve been a very important part of my life and most of my teenage good memories are attached to a GNR song. I love this band now, I loved this band before and whatever may be the path they decide to follow I´ll be there to support them and give them the first applause. :heart:

Thank you Axl and thank you Gusn´n´roses for being so important and so special in my life.

N.R.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll quote worldwideboss:

"[Old] Guns N' Roses, for me, is now beyond the music; it's a religion. Something I follow with a passion, otherwise I wouldn't be here."

This means whatever Matt, Clarke, Dizzy, Steven, Duff, Izzy, Slash or Axl is going to do I'll follow it 'till the end. It depends about CD if that list is going to expand :book:

Edited by Wando

I'll quote worldwideboss:

"[Old] Guns N' Roses, for me, is now beyond the music; it's a religion. Something I follow with a passion, otherwise I wouldn't be here."

This means whatever Matt, Clarke, Dizzy, Steven, Duff, Izzy, Slash or Axl is going to do I'll follow it 'till the end. It depends about CD if that list is going to expand :book:

good post

As a teenager they were part of my rebellion, my parents hated their music and everything they read about them was negative, as a parent now myself Axl has become a symbol of my youth and how I can still feel like a rebel from time to time! The music spoke for my generation and me and my friends loved it, we sat around my mates record player booming out AFD over and over drinking vodka and smoking illicit fags!!

Jo

Until the day CD is released, GNR for me is Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff, West, Dizzy, Steven, Matt and Robin, because of his amazing presence live this year.

Why West, but not Gilby Carke?

ok, maybe right after Robin, but West contributed far more to the music in gnr than gilby ever did.. and so does Robin now..

let me tell you guys a story...

a few years back, i was a chav, i was a guy who destroyed classes, set of fire alarms, stole teachers phones and laughed at people falling over *mind you i still laugh at people falling over*

anyway

there was a time when coming after school i was very depressed, i found out like nobody liked me n shit, i was just their sheep to help their path on destruction, just felt lonely, i honestly felt like my future was a clear road that led nowhere, then i couldnt get any sleep, i put on the tv in my room and i happended to go pass The Hits so i figured id llisten to some rap n shit, then i saw axl, Sweet child video, the guitar wasnt touching me since i was a chav then but it was his dance, his dance touched me, the way he moved and screeched the notes just before the solo MOVED me. i honestly felt wierd, and i also thought he looked like Donna from That 70s show, then i noticed the name " Guns N Roses - Sweet Child O Mine" at the end, then i took a download of it and listened to the verse and the chorus, then the Riff hit me, felt powerful, i felt like i was a new person.

I then went on to find that they were the masterminds behind Welcome to the jungle and Knockin on heavens door, as EVERYONE has heard them nor Chav or OAP. i downloaded EVERY SINGLE song by gnr and put it on my ipod, i then started hanging out with the non chavs, and 2 years on, I am now popular with the girls, get invited to partys, now im in a band and im respected, the chavs hate me now lol but who gives afuck? then i reseearched Guns and found out they only had 3 albums that really mattered, they were UYI 1 & 2, and Appetite, the others kinda suck for me, then i thought Chinese Democracy was cancelled or something, then i found this forum , then i joined the truck for the wait of CD and i still am, so Guns N Roses saved my life, if it wasnt for them, especially axl, i wouldve commited suicide as they helped me find who i was, i wasnt a chav, IM A FUCKING NATURAL ROCKER, and since the gap between them years, Sweet child has and always will be My favourite song of all time, i still listen to it 24/7.

I will stick with guns n roses for the rest of my life, People are not true fans if they just like the music, GNR are more than music to me, They are what i was looking for to give me that step forward in life and for that

I thank You Guns N Roses.