The moderators vr the moderators

Kobbeltvedt

The only reason everything recently has been removed, is because the commercial n' the RS article were released early n' per MGMT's request to be removed. They should be removed from here also, but this site doesn't give a fuck what MGMT says so it seems.

I don't think MGMT has said anything to the mods around here.. :unsure:

Edit: Besides, a GN'R messageboard should be for the fans, not the band nor MGMT.

Edited by Wando

The only reason everything recently has been removed, is because the commercial n' the RS article were released early n' per MGMT's request to be removed. They should be removed from here also, but this site doesn't give a fuck what MGMT says so it seems.

Which is cool and what the fuck can management do?? It has Guns N' Roses advertised all over the Harley Davidson website. My favourite is this caption:

Black Sheep. Guns N' Roses. Enough Said.

Which is cool and what the fuck can management do?? It has Guns N' Roses advertised all over the Harley Davidson website. My favourite is this caption:

Black Sheep. Guns N' Roses. Enough Said.

It's a case of promotion that was leaked early and has somewhat messed up a bit of the band's plans.

I don't get how 2 big companies like that can both but out something too early?

Once again, talking as though you know, when really, you have no clue.

We haven't been asked to remove discussions about the article or ads. :)

Once again, talking as though you know, when really, you have no clue.

We haven't been asked to remove discussions about the article or ads. :)

I know that you haven't been asked to remove 'em, I'm just sayin in general.

I'll paraphase what I've recieved on another site:

the commercial will be launched nationally later this month. After GNR has officially launched it, we will post it here
This commercial getting out before it does would kill what GNR is attempting to do with their promo for CD.
Like the RS article, this was 'leaked' before it was supposed to be, and its why sites that are pro new GNR are not allowing this to be posted

And then there is this:

singlewb8.jpg

Alex, the advertisment is being shown on TV, on the Harley Davidson website, the article was on the front page of rollingstone.com, and is currently in the hands of thousands of Rolling Stone readers right now.

We're a fan site the album doesn't need to be promoted to us. I fail to see how discussing it here will impact the promotion of the album, if you can already access the information in such high profile locations already.

Alex, the advertisment is being shown on TV, on the Harley Davidson website, the article was on the front page of rollingstone.com, and is currently in the hands of thousands of Rolling Stone readers right now.

We're a fan site the album doesn't need to be promoted to us. I fail to see how discussing it here will impact the promotion of the album, if you can already access the information in such high profile locations already.

i also fail to see how this would hurt the gnr promotion machine! fuck what are gnr hoping for..... a blitzkrieg, it's out it's too late!

thats mygnr isn't an official site

its a fan site, meaning management can't controll what is posted here unless it's officially released or something ;)

plus its not like stopping the fan boards from talking of it will stop us watching it, all we gotta do is go to the harley davidson site

gnr management should go to them if they wanna complain and not to us

I know that you haven't been asked to remove 'em, I'm just sayin in general.

I'll paraphase what I've recieved on another site:...

Honestly, we don't care what other sites do. Every site has its own rules and guidelines, and members should respect those rules when they go to those sites. *I've noticed you have a difficult time understanding this concept - at least at our forum.*

On topic - as Jack said - nobody has asked us to remove the article or commercial.

And we certainly don't censor our forum based on what another forum does or doesn't do. As others have mentioned, the article was on the front page of RollingStone.com and the commercial was running on the front page of Harley-davidson.com. So there is no reason for use to remove them just because another fan forum censored them.