Limp Bizkit

krissirge

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel kind of bad for Fred Durst. I've always gotten the feeling that his intentions were good - he's just stupid. I mean, technically the Behind Blue Eyes cover isn't so bad. He could have totally raped it and gone for a heavy metal sound and made a disrespectful notion towards The Who. He at least tried to preserve the low-key styling of the song. The video is well made, too. The problem with Limp Bizkit - and, more importantly, Durst - is that it's hard to take him seriously when he's in his thirties (now forties, eh?) and dressing like a skateboarder and singing about "nookie" and then telling other artists like Trent Reznor that they're shit and aggravating people... and then singing songs telling people "no one knows what it's like to be the bad man." He put himself in that position by making an ass of himself numerous times. Plus, his music mostly sucks; apart from a few decent nu-metal efforts (and, no, despite what snobs may have you believe, not all of Limp Bizkit's songs are as awful as some other nu-metal bands like Korn and Disturbed), Limp Bizkit's output was largely terrible. And songs like "Chocolate Starfish" are just lame.

And with a name like Limp Bizkit for your band, it's hard for me to consider them an "underdog." If they had kind of a cool name for their band, at the very least I could look forward to Durst making some type of mature comeback in ten years. But Limp Bizkit derives its name from a sex act where men masturbate on a biscuit and the last guy has to eat it. He needs to change his band name, change his image, and change what he's all about if he wants to be taken seriously.

I feel kind of bad for Fred Durst. I've always gotten the feeling that his intentions were good - he's just stupid. I mean, technically the Behind Blue Eyes cover isn't so bad. He could have totally raped it and gone for a heavy metal sound and made a disrespectful notion towards The Who. He at least tried to preserve the low-key styling of the song. The video is well made, too. The problem with Limp Bizkit - and, more importantly, Durst - is that it's hard to take him seriously when he's in his thirties (now forties, eh?) and dressing like a skateboarder and singing about "nookie" and then telling other artists like Trent Reznor that they're shit and aggravating people... and then singing songs telling people "no one knows what it's like to be the bad man." He put himself in that position by making an ass of himself numerous times. Plus, his music mostly sucks; apart from a few decent nu-metal efforts (and, no, despite what snobs may have you believe, not all of Limp Bizkit's songs are as awful as some other nu-metal bands like Korn and Disturbed), Limp Bizkit's output was largely terrible. And songs like "Chocolate Starfish" are just lame.

And with a name like Limp Bizkit for your band, it's hard for me to consider them an "underdog." If they had kind of a cool name for their band, at the very least I could look forward to Durst making some type of mature comeback in ten years. But Limp Bizkit derives its name from a sex act where men masturbate on a biscuit and the last guy has to eat it. He needs to change his band name, change his image, and change what he's all about if he wants to be taken seriously.

thats a good post, limp's image was a problem, they come across as trying way to hard, and i didn't like them for it at the time, i remember this was the main band when i was in highschool, around 2000, 2002, i didn't mind there main guitarist, but he left because they were doing to many covers? am i right?, there music was ok, they had some catchy riffs and what not, but fred, fuck ...his lyrics are fucking lame for the most part, i mean try alittle harder to be a badass!, i like rollin and a few others, break stuff was a good song back in the day, well for a pissed off teen it was lol, they could of been good, but they died in the ass pretty quick!.

Edited by aussie_axl

Behind Blue Eyes

this is a bad song by LB,but compared to the original its a masterpiece

May I suggest some advice, courtesy of Mark Twain? "It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt." :confused:

Thank you SO much...I was literally at a loss for words, you said it wonderfully.

Yeah it's kinda mind boggling...

like the kind of thing that only ChrisAxl would usually come up with...

Behind Blue Eyes

this is a bad song by LB,but compared to the original its a masterpiece

May I suggest some advice, courtesy of Mark Twain? "It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt." :confused:

Thank you SO much...I was literally at a loss for words, you said it wonderfully.

Yeah it's kinda mind boggling...

like the kind of thing that only ChrisAxl would usually come up with...

They both do it for attention. And they're both very bad at lying. If they truly believed these things, they'd show more devotion - and when certain bands are questioned, they'd react. I mean, try insulting GN'R in front of Chris Axl and he'll practically rip your throat out across the Internet. But after he posts saying Poison > '60s music, and people respond insulting Poison, he just replies with ditsy stupidity. If he really loved all this bad, bad hair metal as much as he claims, he'd stick up for them more seriously - just the same way he does for Axl Rose. But he doesn't when it comes to other music, because it's all an act. Krissirge is just an imitator.

Edited by Estranged Reality

I mean you got to love some of the people here.These guys are the biggest poseurs here.Never mind what people like and don't like,people here naturally assume that everybody must like 60's rock and hate hair and mu metal and they are just faking it.Seriously dudes,have fun reaching puberty,I know you must have to come off to everybody as huge rock music fans(nvm what people actually think of you),but this is just pathetic.

OK,I'll sink down to your level,its so much fun sometimes.

Atleast like most younglings,i don't like Beatles,Stones,Dylan,Doors,Hendrix just because I want to fit in with the older rock fans.If you want force yourself to liking some bands,you're welcome,but don't get all high and mighty afterwards.

Never mind what people like and don't like,people here naturally assume that everybody must like 60's rock and hate hair and mu metal and they are just faking it.

No; that's not the point. If you like hair metal and nu metal, fine.

The reason I suspect you are misleading people into thinking you like these bands more than you do is that you go out of your way to make attention-seeking threads pronouncing to everyone, "Hey, isn't this band that most people dislike great?" If you KNOW most people don't like nu metal, then why on earth would you create a simplistic thread whose sole purpose is to stir up a fuss and get tons of people to respond? If you REALLY wanted to defend Limp Bizkit, you'd actually describe what it is about their music that you enjoy. Instead, you make a post saying, "I like Limp Bizkit," and you do it solely to generate lots of replies; once they take the bait, you egg them on. Someone brings up The Who and you immediately respond saying "Oh gawd Limp Bizkit's version is so much better than The Who's." You know that's going to infuriate people - you do it for attention. Apparently you don't receive enough at home.

Oh, and no one is "forcing" the majority of the music-listening population into "believing" bands like The Who, The Stones, The Beatles, etc. are good. People do genuinely like these bands. You do realize, I hope, that there exists a world outside of the Internet? A world where The Beatles made the biggest impact on the musical world ever - they literally opened the doors for all modern rock bands.

And this love for their music has passed on for generations. What, you expected that after they opened the doors, everyone would forget how great their music is and turn to Motley Crue for satisfaction?

The Rolling Stones' worst songs are better than Motley Crue's best, and most of the world would agree - and no, no one is "forcing" them into having taste.

:shocked: Can you be any more insulting.Now suddenly I'm not receiving enough attention and have no life outside the internet and this just because of my music selections.who the hell do you think you are?I'm shitstirring because I make a thread about a band I like.Remember if I post something negative about ala these bands threads,then ohmygod I've suddenly make The Holocaust look meaningless,but hey the same people can bitch,moan and insult all they want on these threads,but hey if they get strirred up because of some music videos I post on my own thread(and you have to admit it,this is really,really ridiculous),its their fucking fault,not mine.I get pissed off more when people start using personal insults and saying I don't like the band

Oh, and no one is "forcing" the music-listening population into "believing" bands like Poison,Winger,Limp Bizkit KoRn etc. are good. People do genuinely like these bands. You just have a hard time understanding that.

http://www.last.fm/user/krissirge/ Here's some goddamn proof that I like these bands

Edited by krissirge

:shocked: Can you be any more insulting.Now suddenly I'm not receiving enough attention and have no life outside the internet and this just because of my music selections.who the hell do you think you are?I'm shitstirring because I make a thread about a band I like.Remember if I post something negative about ala these bands threads,then ohmygod I've suddenly make The Holocaust look meaningless,but hey the same people can bitch,moan and insult all they want on these threads,but hey if they get strirred up because of some music videos I post on my own thread(and you have to admit it,this is really,really ridiculous),its their fucking fault,not mine.I get pissed off more when people start using personal insults and saying I don't like the band

Oh, and no one is "forcing" the music-listening population into "believing" bands like Poison,Winger,Limp Bizkit KoRn etc. are good. People do genuinely like these bands. You just have a hard time understanding that.

http://www.last.fm/user/krissirge/ Here's some goddamn proof that I like these bands

awesome comeback, i agree entirely man! :lol:

Atleast like most younglings,i don't like Beatles,Stones,Dylan,Doors,Hendrix just because I want to fit in with the older rock fans.If you want force yourself to liking some bands,you're welcome,but don't get all high and mighty afterwards.

So, young people can't like those bands unless you're trying to "fit in"? What a fuckin' retarded logic.

Oh, and no one is "forcing" the music-listening population into "believing" bands like Poison,Winger,Limp Bizkit KoRn etc. are good. People do genuinely like these bands.
I never said anyone is forcing people into liking them. YOU said people are forced into liking the Beatles, Stones, etc. I never said this.Plus, I have a hard time believing the music-listening population - a majority - love Poison and LB.
:shocked: Can you be any more insulting.Now suddenly I'm not receiving enough attention and have no life outside the internet and this just because of my music selections.who the hell do you think you are?I'm shitstirring because I make a thread about a band I like.Remember if I post something negative about ala these bands threads,then ohmygod I've suddenly make The Holocaust look meaningless,but hey the same people can bitch,moan and insult all they want on these threads,but hey if they get strirred up because of some music videos I post on my own thread(and you have to admit it,this is really,really ridiculous),its their fucking fault,not mine.I get pissed off more when people start using personal insults and saying I don't like the bandOh, and no one is "forcing" the music-listening population into "believing" bands like Poison,Winger,Limp Bizkit KoRn etc. are good. People do genuinely like these bands. You just have a hard time understanding that.http://www.last.fm/user/krissirge/ Here's some goddamn proof that I like these bands

Well, of course you do. You have a quote from a Disturbed song in your signature. So, it's OK for nu metal fans to insult other people's musical tastes (as krissirge did numerous times in this thread when he claimed we're all brainwashed into liking classic rock) - but as soon as a nu metal fan's musical taste is questioned, there's hell to pay! I was giving him back exactly what he was dishing out.

Edited by Estranged Reality

about the classic rock comment ,it followed the sentence

"OK,I'll sink down to your level,its so much fun sometimes."

this was meant to be irony,because one of the most used lines ever is to say that If anybody likes the popular newer rock bands,then he's taste is naturally bad for liking this "popular mainstream watered down MTV crap"(and god I have heard different versions of this line numerous times) or that the listeners "are all teens who try to fit in and be cool",but naturally everybody who likes classic rock isn't doing it for the same reasons.

Edited by krissirge

Oh, and no one is "forcing" the music-listening population into "believing" bands like Poison,Winger,Limp Bizkit KoRn etc. are good. People do genuinely like these bands.
I never said anyone is forcing people into liking them. YOU said people are forced into liking the Beatles, Stones, etc. I never said this.Plus, I have a hard time believing the music-listening population - a majority - love Poison and LB.
:shocked: Can you be any more insulting.Now suddenly I'm not receiving enough attention and have no life outside the internet and this just because of my music selections.who the hell do you think you are?I'm shitstirring because I make a thread about a band I like.Remember if I post something negative about ala these bands threads,then ohmygod I've suddenly make The Holocaust look meaningless,but hey the same people can bitch,moan and insult all they want on these threads,but hey if they get strirred up because of some music videos I post on my own thread(and you have to admit it,this is really,really ridiculous),its their fucking fault,not mine.I get pissed off more when people start using personal insults and saying I don't like the bandOh, and no one is "forcing" the music-listening population into "believing" bands like Poison,Winger,Limp Bizkit KoRn etc. are good. People do genuinely like these bands. You just have a hard time understanding that.http://www.last.fm/user/krissirge/ Here's some goddamn proof that I like these bands
Well, of course you do. You have a quote from a Disturbed song in your signature. So, it's OK for nu metal fans to insult other people's musical tastes (as krissirge did numerous times in this thread when he claimed we're all brainwashed into liking classic rock) - but as soon as a nu metal fan's musical taste is questioned, there's hell to pay! I was giving him back exactly what he was dishing out.
actually i dont like disturbed, i heard this in a song outa the zombie film "dawn of the dead" so stick that in your pipe and smoke it ;) we are open to our opinion as much as any music fan so :P
Dude!! You like AC?? Cool :shades:xDSGx
cool, are either of you two a fan of prostitute disfigurement? :P Edited by Dean-16

• 3 months later...