Overwhelming Reviews

FinckFortus

The last two shows have had amazing reviews, both from GNR fans and critics alike. I really think that this will generate the buzz, that is required to send this album to #1 when it is released.

This, from HTGTH:

Tuesday, October 24th 2006. Bank Atlantic Center, Sunrise, FL.

*First show of Northamerican Tour.

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Robin Guitar Solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, You Could Be Mine, Piano Jam, Dizzy Piano Solo, The Blues, Band Introductions, Richard Guitar Solo, Out Ta Get Me, Better, Piano Moving Jam, November Rain, I.R.S., Ron Guitar Solo (Don't Cry), My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach), Patience, Nightrain

Encores: Chinese Democracy, Paradise City

Sebastian Bach opened the show, then Papa Roach. Papa Roach finished their set at 10pm. After about 1 hour waiting for Gn'R to come out, people started to lose their patience, and some of us who knew about Axl's background were starting to get worried about a possible no-show on Axl's part. But fortunately, at about 11.20 the lights went out and the first notes to Welcome to the Jungle started to fill the place. During the first few songs I was in complete awe, and I almost cried of happiness, haha. I had this really stupid smile on my face pretty much throughout the whole show.

The crowd's energy was unbelievable. Everyone sang along to every freaking song. Specially at the beginning, the people were so loud that they almost overpowered the music. Great crowd participation during Knocking on Heaven's Door, with the special back-to-back sing along between Axl and the crowd.

Axl's voice? It's still as good as it ever was, or perhaps even BETTER! He still has it. The voice, the energy, the moves, and the presence.

The musicians? very good indeed. They nailed every song. The one who stood out for me was Richard Fortus. GREAT guitarrist, his solos were fantastic.

The lights were awesome as well, as were the fireworks and fireballs throghout the show, and the huge rain of little red papers at the end of Paradise City.

Sebastian Bach joined Axl on stage for My Michelle. He rocked. The show ended at about 1.30 am. They played for a little more than 2 hours.

Axl doesn't seem to be the "asshole" he used to be. It seems he matured, or maybe it was, like he said, all those nights of partying before the show that had him mellowed out, and that he didn't know if he was gonna survive Miami!

What else can I say? It was an excellent show. IT FUCKIN' ROCKED! and I'm extremely glad I had the chance to witness it.

P.S.: Chinese Democracy seems like a very promising album, this new Gn'R is on to something. That's an album I'll get for sure when it comes out.

went to the show last night,25th in tampa with my thirteen year old.where do i start,s bachs set way to long 1 hour,he,s got two good songs at the most.papa roach was good sounded great.guns went on at midnight,what the fuck,for seventy five and change they should start at a half way decent hour.i have seen them a few times before and know axle has his time moments but that was bs.just as the crowd started booing they started,axles still got a great voice,but thers so many people on stage with him sometimes it gets lost in the mix,i dont know how many solos there were but i think they started bringing people out of the crowd to do em.all in all it was a good show but the lateness of it sucked didn,t get home till 3:00.i hope one day all internal diffrences will be resolved and we get a true guns show one day soon.

went to the show last night,25th in tampa with my thirteen year old.where do i start,s bachs set way to long 1 hour,he,s got two good songs at the most.papa roach was good sounded great.guns went on at midnight,what the fuck,for seventy five and change they should start at a half way decent hour.i have seen them a few times before and know axle has his time moments but that was bs.just as the crowd started booing they started,axles still got a great voice,but thers so many people on stage with him sometimes it gets lost in the mix,i dont know how many solos there were but i think they started bringing people out of the crowd to do em.all in all it was a good show but the lateness of it sucked didn,t get home till 3:00.i hope one day all internal diffrences will be resolved and we get a true guns show one day soon.

the violins are playing for you :rolleyes:

didn't get home to 3

who the fuck cares, stop whinging

and it's Axl not axle

Edited by Axl-rocks

didn't get home to 3

and it's Axl not axle

He was just being honest. I don't think it's acceptable to have a band go on stage at 12:00 either.

didn't get home to 3

and it's Axl not axle

Its a legit gripe.

Again, NO (that would be zero, zip, zilch, nada) other major band put their fans through this.

Before the band comes on, most areans are electric with anticipation. At GNR shows is booing the act you paid to see and people walking out.

Oh, but that's "dangerous", that's "rock n roll", that's "Axl being Axl".

Spare me.

didn't get home to 3

and it's Axl not axle

He was just being honest. I don't think it's acceptable to have a band go on stage at 12:00 either.

at least he came on, people know that Axl comes on stage late, the person above even wrote that.Axl said he performs better at night and gives better shows.

people whinge about the littliest things.

i don't know if this is what you meant, but your post seemed to imply that if "differences were resolved" and we got a "true guns show one day soon", that all of a sudden axl's tardiness would cease to exist. sorry, but i don't think an old school guns reunion solves that problem.

perhaps you just meant that you'd be willing to put up with it more if the old band reunited? :P

maybe i'm reading too much into that...

anyways, here's my thoughts on the whole showing up late thing......i think at this point, guns n roses fans should not be shocked or offended by this. not to say that it is right for gnr to take so long getting on stage (especially with people having to work the next day, kids having school, etc), but you get what you paid for. people should know at this point that there is a solid chance gnr goes on stage late and that should factor into whether or not they buy tickets. seriously, its not like this is a new phenomenon. this has been going on for years.

i don't know if this is what you meant, but your post seemed to imply that if "differences were resolved" and we got a "true guns show one day soon", that all of a sudden axl's tardiness would cease to exist. sorry, but i don't think an old school guns reunion solves that problem.

perhaps you just meant that you'd be willing to put up with it more if the old band reunited? :P

maybe i'm reading too much into that...

anyways, here's my thoughts on the whole showing up late thing......i think at this point, guns n roses fans should not be shocked or offended by this. not to say that it is right for gnr to take so long getting on stage (especially with people having to work the next day, kids having school, etc), but you get what you paid for. people should know at this point that there is a solid chance gnr goes on stage late and that should factor into whether or not they buy tickets. seriously, its not like this is a new phenomenon. this has been going on for years.

Maybe that's one of the reasons that tickets aren't selling. People were willing to put up with it for the original band, but not from a cover band.

Going on stage at midnight on a Wednesday is unacceptable, unless there was a legit excuse. If doors open at 8:00, people had to wait around for at least 4 hours, and that's fucked. Christ, they were able to take the stage by 11:00 p.m. on a Saturday in Vegas of all places.

This is only the 2nd show of a North American tour. If Axl thinks that's the way to kick it off then good luck to him.

How many people actually read concert reviews? I can't imagine it's a very large percentage of a newspaper's readers. They may help generate interest amongst current fans, but I don't think it will bring the old fans back in and of itsself. The band has to proove to them that they are worthy of the GN'R name, and that requires hearing a solid single. I haven't been to a show this year, but I have heard plenty and the audiences response has been lukewarm at best to the new material. I don't think they necessarily disliked it, but they are not familiar with it. People want to hear what they know- It doesn't matter if it's a arena show or a hole in the wall bar . Axl's starting to show up late for shows like he did back in the day isn't going to gain the band any support either.

didn't get home to 3

and it's Axl not axle

show some respect little girl!!!

didn't get home to 3

and it's Axl not axle

show some respect little girl!!!

and its whining not whinging......

I wont even go inside until 10 or 10:30.

Just a suggestion, then 12 wont seem that late.

you show up at 8 and what were you thinking?

Papa Poach?

Ill pass

Some people must stop to give Axl the worst excuses ever.

it's a disrespect for the fans..waiting 2 hours for the concert begins??..fuck off!

"It's rock n' roll"...yeah,big joke.

Going on stage at midnight on a Wednesday is unacceptable, unless there was a legit excuse. If doors open at 8:00, people had to wait around for at least 4 hours, and that's fucked. Christ, they were able to take the stage by 11:00 p.m. on a Saturday in Vegas of all places.

This is only the 2nd show of a North American tour. If Axl thinks that's the way to kick it off then good luck to him.

Agreed. At almost 45, Axl should know better and be more considerate of other people. This is not 1991. Axl needs a good kick in the pants!

4 hours isn't that long and there was entertainment during waiting, Sebastian bach and who ever else.

I've been to concerts and have waited all day.

4 hours isn't that long and there was entertainment during waiting, Sebastian bach and who ever else.

Depends. Maybe some people don't consider Bach and Roach entertainment.

I've been to festivals and waited all day, but a concert to see one act...no. 4 hours IS a long time, plus maybe 2+ hours waiting online outside the venue for some people I'm sure.

No need to make up excuses.

Depends. Maybe some people don't consider Bach and Roach entertainment.

I've been to festivals and waited all day, but a concert to see one act...no. 4 hours IS a long time, plus maybe 2+ hours waiting online outside the venue for some people I'm sure.

No need to make up excuses.

many don't see supporting acts as entertainment because they are there to see the main act.

but that's the way it is.

Whoever expects Axl Rose to come on time after everything he's done in his musical career, are the truly naive ones. Sure, Axl is a jackass about it. However, seeing your reactions, it's like second nature to us. Is anyone really surprised? If you are, you really don't know anything about Axl Rose, whether it's 1991 or 2006.

Whoever expects Axl Rose to come on time after everything he's done in his musical career, are the truly naive ones. Sure, Axl is a jackass about it. However, seeing your reactions, it's like second nature to us. Is anyone really surprised? If you are, you really don't know anything about Axl Rose, whether it's 1991 or 2006.

I agree. I don't think it comes as much of a surprise to us, it shouldn't anyway. I think that Axl SHOULD get better at it though, because he looses fans by being that way. It's disrespect, BUT we know that's how he is and we can't really do much about it. Stop whining, adapt to life :shades: