The Estranged intro

How does it not sound right?

Ant btw its pretty easy to play.

probably is im jus really amateur :) only been goin like a coupla weeks, i jus go by how it sounds n it sounds incredible to me.

Edited by frankwhite

All this talk about estrange, really makes me want to learn it. I'm kinda of lazy when comes to learnign new stuff but I think i'm going to do this one.

Tbiz

It's not too bad, lots of bends. I learnt the first bit after the "You're talking to yourself..." bit but I've not played it in ages so I can't remember... Been learning Since I've Been Loving You so it pushed it out of my brain I s'pose.

I just came back from my friends who got a really good amp and many effects and stuff.

And he showed me a effect, and then it suddenly sounded pretty good :laugh:

So it was just my crappy amp............

I dont play it perfectly tough as im still a pretty newbie on guitar. But DAMN it feels so good playin' it.

I don't think it's an effect. He just has an incredibly good amp and pickups that give him really long sustain (see the don't cry solo ending for this too). In Estranged the notes drag out a long time - it's something you'll struggle to achieve nicely on your basic home amp + guitar + pickups because you can't get the notes to last quite as long or sound as smooth.

I don't know much about guitar, so some of what i've said might be wrong, but that's just my understanding.

I don't think it's an effect. He just has an incredibly good amp and pickups that give him really long sustain (see the don't cry solo ending for this too). In Estranged the notes drag out a long time - it's something you'll struggle to achieve nicely on your basic home amp + guitar + pickups because you can't get the notes to last quite as long or sound as smooth.

I don't know much about guitar, so some of what i've said might be wrong, but that's just my understanding.

Ah ok, thanks for that.

Nr 1 on my christmast list: NEW AMPS :xmasssanta:

no bends or anything

just volume knob swells and feedback and its 100% that way cause I have the tab book

If you've got the tab book you'd know that there are bends.

But you are correct about using swells, and feedback.

Although feedback is sometimes hard to achieve, so using a sustain effect might be useful.

• 3 weeks later...