Axl and Steven make peace in Vegas

dobadog

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't so long ago when Adler was on tour, went ape, sacked his band and then reformed. Some site did an interview with Adler, and Adler when asked about Gn'R/Axl etc mde nothing but positive comments. Maybe Axl got to see that interview on the net. It was good to hear Adler saying positive stuff, as he could have all too easily said negative stuff.

It appears on the face of it that Axl is on good terms with Adler, Izzy, Sorum. I don't think there's any issues with Duff. Slash is the only one left. Even with Slash i'm so sure there's any real issues. I'm not expecting a reunion as all the members have chosen new directions.

Edited by dobadog

I don't think there's any issues with Duff.

i have no source or anything, just throwing it out there. but i heard somewhere that duff was quoted (within the last couple years) as saying he'd never play on the same stage as that !@#$ (axl) ever again.

discuss..

I don't think there's any issues with Duff.

i have no source or anything, just throwing it out there. but i heard somewhere that duff was quoted (within the last couple years) as saying he'd never play on the same stage as that !@#$ (axl) ever again.

discuss..

Highly doubt it. Duff has always chosen the high road when making comments about Axl. I've never read a single personal attack against axl or new guns from him even at the height of the breakup back in 96 and 97. He's always been neutral.

Axl was pissed at him for quitting and he did mention that in one of his interviews though...

Guest Yanni_16

Now I'm waiting for the day that Axl runs into either Slash or Duff. What I'm even more interested in hearing about though is if he ever has an encounter with Scott Weiland. What'll top that off though is the day he runs into Stephanie Seymour ;)

Edited by Yanni_16

Someone called DabrookMan wrote:

I spoke with Deanna (Steve's mom) last night, and she confirmed that Steven had spent that entire evening hanging out with Axl, they had a great time, and were together for a good few hours. Steven had told her that "all the hate just disappeared" between them.

Sounds like someone needs more money! Wasn't the payout from the SPI enough? Adler's probably looking for another way to cause trouble so he can sue GnR again.

Now I'm waiting for the day that Axl runs into either Slash or Duff. What I'm even more interested in hearing about though is if he ever has an encounter with Scott Weiland. What'll top that off though is the day he runs into Stephanie Seymour ;)

Don't forget that Slash was supposedly at Axl's house about a year ago. I sort of think that happened, especially after getting confirmation that the Best of GN'R album that almost came out a year ago was real (the cover art was just discovered this past week). I tend to believe they were discussing that. Besides, I don't believe Slash ever denied he was at Axl's place. Sad thing is that they may not have got along seeing as how Axl's camp slammed Slash in that news release a few months later.

But I'm just speculating.

Adler has been the best drummer in GNR so far. Ok he was a bit reckless but on Rocket Queen he owns the whole world.

Sorum is very tight but Adler made the band have some sort of swing to it. After he was gone it was more on the beat.

Adler has been the best drummer in GNR so far. Ok he was a bit reckless but on Rocket Queen he owns the whole world.

Sorum is very tight but Adler made the band have some sort of swing to it. After he was gone it was more on the beat.

damn right man, im a drummer.. and when i listen to appetite for destruction compared to uyi 1&2 appetite seems alot more natural and alot more goove in the drums, whereas uyi's had a little sterile sound to the drums.. adler had the groove that izzy fed off, and that was the real guns sound..

damn right man, im a drummer.. and when i listen to appetite for destruction compared to uyi 1&2 appetite seems alot more natural and alot more goove in the drums, whereas uyi's had a little sterile sound to the drums.. adler had the groove that izzy fed off, and that was the real guns sound..

interesting analysis...

Someone called DabrookMan wrote:

I spoke with Deanna (Steve's mom) last night, and she confirmed that Steven had spent that entire evening hanging out with Axl, they had a great time, and were together for a good few hours. Steven had told her that "all the hate just disappeared" between them.

Sounds like someone needs more money! Wasn't the payout from the SPI enough? Adler's probably looking for another way to cause trouble so he can sue GnR again.

There is another way to view things.

By Axl putting his time and effort into new material, he is keeping Gn'R alive. Once Chinese Democracy is released there will be no doubt a whole new audience generated that will then go onto buy AFD, UYI, TSI, Live Era, and the likes of Slash, Duff, Adler and Izzy will all benefit from the increased sales. So ex band members have alot to thank Axl for.

Then again, maybe some of them don't see things quite that way and wish they were apart of CD experience.

Edited by dobadog

By Axl putting his time and effort into new material, he is keeping Gn'R alive. Once Chinese Democracy is released there will be no doubt a whole new audience generated that will then go onto buy AFD, UYI, TSI, Live Era, and the likes of Slash, Duff, Adler and Izzy will all benefit from the increased sales. So ex band members have alot to thank Axl for.

Then again, maybe some of them don't see things quite that way and wish they were apart of CD experience.

Couldn't agree more!

It's all about the pension plan for these ex-Gunners.

They are wise enough to know to shout their month when it comes to Axl and GnR these days. To not bite the hand that feeds their grand-kiddies. Because they know when Democracy finally comes to China, the GnR stocks are going to skyrocket, and those undeserving clowns are going to be multi-millions again. All thanks to Uncle Axl.

Why do you think Axl wants so badly for those welfware cheats to sign over their remaining rights to the GnR material? Would you want someone who bailed on you to continue to make money off of your hard work?

Couldn't agree more!

It's all about the pension plan for these ex-Gunners.

They are wise enough to know to shout their month when it comes to Axl and GnR these days. To not bite the hand that feeds their grand-kiddies. Because they know when Democracy finally comes to China, the GnR stocks are going to skyrocket, and those undeserving clowns are going to be multi-millions again. All thanks to Uncle Axl.

Why do you think Axl wants so badly for those welfware cheats to sign over their remaining rights to the GnR material? Would you want someone who bailed on you to continue to make money off of your hard work?

Wow, you really don't know when to stop do you? Do I need to post Mark Twain's quote again? Actually, for YOUR convenience, I posted it in my sig. Read it over and over until it sinks into your thick skull.

And it was not "AXL'S" hard work that made them millionaires; it was the collective effort of THEM ALL.

Anyway, I'm glad Steven & Axl talked. I just hope Adler gets himself clean.