I wonder.....

Gunzen

We have all had so many theories why Axl plays so much AFD, and setlist questions, why this? Why that? etc. We have pondered promotion, bootlegging etc. but maybe he the reason he performs the songs he does over and over is because HE likes them. Maybe he feels he is most confident and at his best when he sings those?

Is that wrong to say "Screw what the forums say, aint it fun (no pun intended) to just play the classics most often. " I mean, he does seem to be having fun, he smiles alot and laughs, plays long shows. Maybe it is because he just enjoys those songs. Ultimately we all do what feels good, and maybe "Out to get me" feels better than Perfect Crime, or Yesterdays? Your thoughts?

P.S. I wish Estranged or Breakdown was "fun" rock1

We have all had so many theories why Axl plays so much AFD, and setlist questions, why this? Why that? etc. We have pondered promotion, bootlegging etc. but maybe he the reason he performs the songs he does over and over is because HE likes them. Maybe he feels he is most confident and at his best when he sings those?

Is that wrong to say "Screw what the forums say, aint it fun (no pun intended) to just play the classics most often. " I mean, he does seem to be having fun, he smiles alot and laughs, plays long shows. Maybe it is because he just enjoys those songs. Ultimately we all do what feels good, and maybe "Out to get me" feels better than Perfect Crime, or Yesterdays? Your thoughts?

P.S. I wish Estranged or Breakdown was "fun" rock1

He is playing anthems for GnR fans, simple really.

If he didn't play them fans would moan, he does play them and fans moan- no connection i guess :rofl-lol:

The simple anwser is: The material on AFD was more popular than any other GnR material ;)

The advert for GTA San Andreas used 'Welcome to the Jungle'

The advert for Harley Davidson uses 'Paradise City'

'Sweet O'child Mine' is the one song that Gn'R are known for over all the others by most people.

Edited by dobadog

Of course he loves the old songs, or at least most of them. And it isn't like he's burned out from singing them so much over the last 10 years, this is only the 2nd tour and it's just getting started. He also knows the fans want to hear most of these songs, many are and always will be staples in the setlist.

He's including enough of the new stuff IMO. I just don't see his attachments to some of the old covers like LALD vs. Civil War, Don't Cry, etc.

It's mostly New Guns fans that like to think Axl deep down dislikes and feels above the AFD material. I don't agree at all, he knows that's some of the greatest rock ever produced and if anything, probably appreciates that even more as he grows older... rock1

Edited by Turn_It_Up

I was just thinking the reason could be is not because of popularity etc, just because they are his favs, and is that wrong? He sure seems to be enjoying himself out there, big or small crowds, gotta believe it is because he is doing what he wants, damn everyone else, an I have NO problem with that.