Axl+The Band. Fun or No Fun

dobadog

Just a thought, maybe you’ve thought the same..

Some bands if not all bands (I can only comment on the bands I have see live and the bands I have seen on video) when they are on stage appear to be really into what they do, and enjoy what they do and play the music.

With GN’R I sense something else going on. Maybe it’s intentional (maybe its unintentional ) maybe it’s all part of how GN’R are supposed to be (want to be). With Axl there’s and air of tension about him. It’s like he has part of his mind on the music, part of his mind the crowd and part of his mind on what’s not working out (sound issues, object in his way). When I say ‘part of his mind the crowd’ I’m not talking about crowd interaction, I’m talking about looking into the crowd to see if anyone’s doing anything they shouldn’t be doing (photo’s, filming, fighting and anything else that pisses him off (Slash T-Shirts).

Some bands if not all bands (I can only comment on the bands I have see live and the bands I have seen on video) when they are on stage appear to be really into what they do, and enjoy what they do and play the music.

With GN’R I sense something else going on. Maybe it’s intentional (maybe its unintentional ) maybe it’s all part of how GN’R are supposed to be (want to be). With Axl there’s and air of tension about him. It’s like he has part of his mind on the music, part of his mind the crowd and part of his mind on what’s not working out (sound issues, object in his way). When I say ‘part of his mind the crowd’ I’m not talking about crowd interaction, I’m talking about looking into the crowd to see if anyone’s doing anything they shouldn’t be doing (photo’s, filming, fighting and anything else that pisses him off (Slash T-Shirts).

I know what you mean man. Sometimes it seems to me that axl feels hes above performing like this or something, or even like hes bored cos hes done it all before.

Thats just what i see when i watch videos and when i saw them live back in july

Hmm, i don't think so.... look at the laughs he can have with folk like tommy, all the hugging and stuff that goes on there.... I think there's about as much tension as fly in the air to be honest. Fun and gameas all the way at a GnR show!

this is not my chemical romance...this is Guns N' fuckin' Roses...

axl is THE frontman...he's got to do what his got to do...

it's a BIG machine,it's a BIG machine...

I agree. That's why he has vocal monitors. Not because he can't remember his own lyrics, but because he sometimes forgets what PART of the song he's on. The lyrics of commercial rock music can be confusing like that if you're also trying to manage the first 10 rows of the audience looking for trouble makers. And there always seems to be a few.

I'm Rick James Bitch

With GN’R I sense something else going on. Maybe it’s intentional (maybe its unintentional ) maybe it’s all part of how GN’R are supposed to be (want to be). With Axl there’s and air of tension about him. It’s like he has part of his mind on the music, part of his mind the crowd and part of his mind on what’s not working out (sound issues, object in his way).

I know what you mean man. Sometimes it seems to me that axl feels hes above performing like this or something, or even like hes bored cos hes done it all before.

Thats just what i see when i watch videos and when i saw them live back in july

I dont agree that there is an air of "tension", how many times recently have we seen axl goof off lately - lots, as for axl being bored well i dunno if that is the right word but yeah ok he appears more "bored" than in a state of tension if thats how you want to word it.

Im sure he is sick to death performing appetite songs now, im sure he really wants to perform all of his new songs but ofcourse the crowd wouldn't like that, once he releases chinese democracy it will be interesting to see how many appetite era songs will be dropped, its good to see the band is performing down on the farm and im sure there will be other small changes to the setlist now and again before they drop the new album.

Im sure he is sick to death performing appetite songs now, im sure he really wants to perform all of his new songs but ofcourse the crowd wouldn't like that, once he releases chinese democracy it will be interesting to see how many appetite era songs will be dropped, its good to see the band is performing down on the farm and im sure there will be other small changes to the setlist now and again before they drop the new album.

This is why the band shouldn't be called GNR, so that he shouldn't feel like he has to sing those songs. They could be playing smaller venues and showing what they can do, not what Axl did a long time ago. An occasional GNR song would be cool.

I couldnt disagree with you more dude, I see not tension, Axl looks like he is having fun and he laughs and plays looser than he did it 2002, I dont think you were at any show yet, and if you were you were too far away. The band has energy, just not mindless headbanging energy like Sebastian. Cant agree at all.

Wrong band, perhaps you are confusing them with the U2 concert you attended??? ;)