20. Used To Love Her

21. Patience

22. Nightrain

23. Chinese Democracy

24.(1:46 am) Paradise City

Edited by criticalsolution04

Guest Edward Rose

:rofl-lol:

I hope you didn't send someone to an empty arena.

:laugh:

First text back: "GOD THE PLACE IS FUCKING EMPTY RIGHT NOW!" :no:

He could get in the GA line tonight!

But seriously, thanks criticalsolution04 for doing the updates tomorrow.

Edited by Edward Rose

FYI, my first update will likely be when Bach hits the stage. I'm not going to bother with the other two acts and waste battery power. So it's possible the first update may not happen until 10pm EST or so. Why in hell do they have three opening acts? That's just not necessary.

Now that I think of it, I'll do it this way - if 10pm comes and Bach still hasn't hit the stage I'll update with that info so that at least people aren't wondering what's going on.

Edited by KBear

Toronto Air Canada Center * SOLD OUT *:

Setlist - 15/Nov/06:

01. Welcome To The Jungle

02. It's So Easy

03. Mr. Brownstone

04. Live And Let Die

05. Knockin' On Heavens Door

06. Robin Finck solo

07. Sweet Child O' Mine

08. You Could Be Mine

09. Dizzy Reed solo

10. The Blues

11. BETTER

12. Robin/Richard [beautiful] Solo

13. Out Ta Get me

14. November Rain

15. IRS

16. Oh Canada [bumblefoot Solo]

17. My Michelle [con Sebastian Who?] (JAJajAJjaj)

18. Used To Love Her

19. Patience

20. Nightrain

- ENCORE -

21. Chinese Democracy

22. Paradise City

rock1

Edited by hbkhbk

Just got back, it's 3am now. Can't write too much, I gotta get up for work in five hours. Good to see the updating went well, I pretty much had all the songs typed out as text messages and saved. Then when they were played I just picked the right message and sent it. I even had shit like Prostitute and Catcher in the Rye saved. As if!!! :rolleyes:

On to the show. This band is very consistent and true to form it was another good show. I think Robin had a good night. Sure, he plays certain old solos in a way many of us don't like, but I'm used to it by now. It's not going to change. Anyways, his solo before SCOM was really, really good. BBF was awesome as usual. His version of Don't Cry is tops.

Funny thing - that they brought the Trailer Park Boys on stage. The first time it was during Bach's set, he brought them all out and Bubbles sang a song. Then Bubbles came out with Bach before My Michelle. He was all excited to see Axl and Axl started jumping up and down, in a mocking but good natured sort of way. Pretty funny.

During The Blues, at the end of the song (before the whoooaaaa, whoooaaaa part), Axl got up on the piano and walked to the edge of it and pretended he was going to do a back flip off of it. I thought that was pretty funny too. Axl seemed in good spirits. The sound was really good all night long, save for the end when I think his volume in the mix started to drop. It got harder to hear him. Either it was a sound problem, his voice was going (and I doubt it was this because he kept on going like there was no problem), or maybe it was my ears (which are still ringing).

The crowd was pretty good, not really too rowdy. Up in my area they stood for almost all the old songs. Whenever a new song came on though they would all sit down and be silent. Many would leave for the exits (don't get me wrong, it wasn't a mass exodus - but if people were leaving it was during the new songs). Only 1% of fans at each show know the new stuff, if that. The solos got pretty much the same response, except for Thal who won over the crowd with O Canada and Don't Cry. Having said that, the crowd followed both the new tunes and the solos with a nice round of applause.

In short, another great show. Not as intense as Hammerstein back on the 14th, but that was obviously totally different circumstances. If I had to rate it I'd give it an 8/10. Include Bach opening and it's like a 9. Holy shit, can that guy belt out the songs. This guy is more phenomenal than I ever would have believed, and on top of his amazing vocals he puts on a real intense show. He played his big hits, the ones I know at least. 18 and Life, I Remember You, and Youth Gone Wild. Another one called Monkey Business I think. A bunch of other new stuff as well. I think By Your Side is one of them, a pretty nice ballad. In short, the guy can scream, and scream, and scream some more. I think he could've gone all night if they'd let him, and not miss a beat.

Anyways, that's it for me. Good fuckin' night!!!

Edited by KBear