Dream set lists

blueseattle

Well... it's that time again- time to make a recommendation as to what we think the ideal setlist is for Guns N' Roses. I don't mean what we individually want to hear- I mean what would draw the best OVERALL reaction from the general audience.

Here's mine:

(1) Welcome to the Jungle

(2) It's So Easy

(3) Mr. Brownstone

(4) Live And Let Die

(5) Robin Solo

(6) Sweet Child O'Mine

(7) Knockin' on Heaven's Door

(8) Richard or Ron Solo [NO Beautiful]

(9) Double Talkin' Jive /// Out Ta Get Me

(10) Civil War

(11) Dizzy Solo

(12) The Blues

(13) Madagascar /// There Was A Time

(14) November Rain

(15) Drum Solo

(16) You Could Be Mine

(17) Better

(18) My Michelle (w/ Bach)

(19) Nightrain

Encore:

(20) Chinese Democracy

(21) Used to Love Her /// Rocket Queen /// You're Crazy

(22) Patience

(23) Paradise City

There you go. That wasn't rocket science. No solos that although we might enjoy, puts the rest of the general audience to sleep. Absolutely no Beautiful... if there must be a duet, do something more classic rock in background. No Don't Cry solo- if there must be a solo, keep it short. Might want to throw more rockers from the new album on there as soon as it's out. Smooth transitions during the setlist. Rockers to start- slows down into a ballady phase, then back to rockers to finish the setlist- instead of switching back and forth every other song. The "///" means switch between these songs from concert-to-concert. One song I would put back on the setlist were it even remotely possible is "Don't Cry" but that seems to be a distant memory at this point.

Edited by Madagascar88

Welcome to the Jungle

Nightrain

Right Next Door to Hell

Perfect Crime

Garden of Eden

Dead Horse

Don't Damn Me

COMA

Think about it, no breaks, no rest, just Axl belting out these songs one after the other. At the end of Coma, he's carried out in a stretcher to the hospital for exhaustion... :P

By the way, I can't wait to see your movie Sly.

Welcome to the Jungle

Nightrain

Right Next Door to Hell

Perfect Crime

Garden of Eden

Dead Horse

Don't Damn Me

COMA

Think about it, no breaks, no rest, just Axl belting out these songs one after the other. At the end of Coma, he's carried out in a stretcher to the hospital for exhaustion... :P

By the way, I can't wait to see your movie Sly.

Thanks buddy, I can't wait to see it either.... :P