Metal sluge bashing Gnr/tommy

sucker punch

What a bunch of assholes lol possibly the least professional report on anything, ever. Dickheads. Dont let it bother you, cunts like this just like to call people out cos they have no lives. Maybe they should go back to writing pointless stories on metallica or something. :xmasssanta:

Are they though?

Do you not find it depressing as hell that the only time a band mameber is "allowed" to issue a statement is if its to support the story that Axl and Merck are trying to shape?

That depresses the shit out me.

Remember, it's Metal Sludge:

The site for rednecks who have yet to shave their mullets talking trash from Mommy and Daddy's basement.

No one takes them seriously. It's just a place where the truely pathetic of the music world converge to bitch about who was the greatest, Dokken or Warrant.

I'm against ethnic clensing - except when it comes to Sludge! :o

Edited by kyrie

The site for rednecks who have yet to shave their mullets talking trash from Mommy and Daddy's basement.

No one takes them seriously. It's just a place where the truely pathetic of the music world converge to bitch about who was the greatest, Dokken or Warrant.

But let's get real here.

If they put somethign up that was pro-GNR, opinions would change real quick.

Don't believe me? Is there anything more irrelevant then the 'Talkin' Metal' podcasts? Not that I can see. But they talk about 'Chinese Democracy', so we get every fucking one of them posted here and peopel can't compliment them enough.

But let's get real here.

Don't believe me? Is there anything more irrelevant then the 'Talkin' Metal' podcasts? Not that I can see. But they talk about 'Chinese Democracy', so we get every fucking one of them posted here and peopel can't compliment them enough.

I dont think its even debatable that the rest of the band have gag-clauses as contracted members of Guns n Roses; they sure as hell dont have any ownership rights in the band! Which makes them employees of the person who does have ownership rights to the band name: Axl. So Axl is their boss-plain and simple. Now, how to interprete that is another matter all together: is that simply the nature of the biz (Gilby, I believe, was an employee) or is it a demented control thing were the rest of the band has to check with WAR before they say shit in public...If the latter is the case-well, lets just say that doesnt strike me as particuraly "rock n roll."

And I understand how some people are disapointed as Stinson was a member of one of the most interesting and unconvential rock acts of the post-punk era...

But none of this is to defend metal sludge: fuck 'um. Unfortunately, their perception of the band is hard to refute UNTIL WE HAVE AN ALBUM WHERE THEY ARE CREDITED AS MUSICIANS....

Edited by raodonne

But let's get real here.

I dont think its even debatable that the rest of the band have gag-clauses as contracted members of Guns n Roses; they sure as hell dont have any ownership rights in the band! Which makes them employees of the person who does have ownership rights to the band name: Axl. So Axl is their boss-plain and simple. Now, how to interprete that is another matter all together: is that simply the nature of the biz (Gilby, I believe, was an employee) or is it a demented control thing were the rest of the band has to check with WAR before they say shit in public...If the latter is the case-well, lets just say that doesnt strike me as particuraly "rock n roll."

And I understand how some people are disapointed as Stinson was a member of one of the most interesting and unconvential rock acts of the post-punk era...

But none of this is to defend metal sludge: fuck 'um. Unfortunately, their perception of the band is hard to refute UNTIL WE HAVE AN ALBUM WHERE THEY ARE CREDITED AS MUSICIANS....

You are right man...

That was HARSH!

But that picture of Tommy with the caption Hey Tommy, Huey Lewis and Simon LeBon both called & want their look back! was pretty funny! :laugh:

Yeah, but Huey wore some nice threads--expensive suits if I can remember right. Tommy dresses like an Italian waiter moonlighting as a used car salesman.

No one outside the GNR and EODM camps know exactly what happened. Metal Sludge could be off base or they could be exactly right. If the latter, I doubt Tommy would've been paid extra to keep quiet, but instead forcefully reminded of his duties to the band.

The carefully worded denial from the GNR camp leads me to believe EODM was at least somewhat accurate. If Tommy was friends at all with the EODM guys, you have to think he'd be pissed off.

It's almost inevitable that sometime down the road, one of these guys IS going to write about their time with Axl and the band. Will be juicy....

But let's get real here.

No, I would still think Metal Sludge was lame. And I find Talkin' Metal to be lame as well.

Of course they're posted here, it's a GNR site. But I've never listened to a single one of them.

At this point they couldn't say anything that could fuck it up more. It's not like everyone in rock is sitting around saying Yeah GNR have always been so even kneeled now they look like they might say something that could unsettle things. It's always been a fucking mess. A great mess but still a mess.