What are we saying here?

wasted

I get the feeling that some people think that CD is never coming out and that GNR camp is somehow ripping people off. I can't see how this possible. In theory yes but it would be a really really cynical move on the part of the record company, Axl and the other guys in the band. Would they really do a tour just to make money off GNR's name and in the end not release an album. People say boycott this band like they feel ripped off? People say it's never coming out but how is that possible?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't feel ripped off. They feel betrayed. Big difference. We've stuck through Axl thick and thin. Yet, we are the ones slammed on the official website. Slammed on stage. We wait. more promises. We wait. I think 12-31-06 is a key breaking point for the band. If no album, I doubt many here will be around in a year to care.

Those who attend concerts are being ripped off. They pay to see and hear Guns N' Roses music and they get a setlist of mostly songs played by a group of guys who didn't even write them and who sound nothing like the songs should sound. Personally I wouldn't pay to go see Axl's so-called "Guns N' Roses" concert.

This whole fucking time spand for this forthcoming album, the where's Axl? oh now he's back, then gone again and then back... shit, cancelled shows, shady tibits of info from Merck and Axl, This tour like the last was a quick cash fix for the money pit they call Chinese Democracy the albums not finish and will never be finish cause there is "not" one. We have the best of what the album is/was with the demo's. Buckethead did best by jetting this titantic...and if the truth be known Brain is gone too. These demo's are our 2nd "Lies" album but this time they have nothing to follow.

Merry Christmas Axl you piece of shit!

:anger:

But they had Andy Wallace mixing the album a month ago and suddenly it's like there is no album. It is weird to do a tour without an album but it's not the first time - Pink Floyd did it with Dark Side of the Moon. I do wonder if people will be back next year to see GNR live but still this idea that they are consciously betraying the fans on purpose seems a long shot. Like what for? For attention?

They don't feel ripped off. They feel betrayed. Big difference. We've stuck through Axl thick and thin. Yet, we are the ones slammed on the official website. Slammed on stage. We wait. more promises. We wait. I think 12-31-06 is a key breaking point for the band. If no album, I doubt many here will be around in a year to care.

This is the 'thick'. Do you know where you are?

I'm a hardcore fan. I've stuck through whatever you think we've been through, thick and thin. I didn't feel slammed by Del's words. I've never felt 'slammed' by Axl on stage. If you feel like you were 'slammed', you must be one of the know-it-alls they were referring to.

No offense.

Those who attend concerts are being ripped off. They pay to see and hear Guns N' Roses music and they get a setlist of mostly songs played by a group of guys who didn't even write them and who sound nothing like the songs should sound. Personally I wouldn't pay to go see Axl's so-called "Guns N' Roses" concert.

I attended a GN'R concert this year and I feel far from being ripped off. I saw GN'R when the guys who did write the songs were playing them too and I have to say this time was just as good if not dare I say better. These guys sound awesome live and you're missing out if you don't go see it for yourself.

Yet, you cupcake around on a Guns N' Roses fan site. The irony.

No offense.

I'm a hardcore fan. I've stuck through whatever you think we've been through, thick and thin. I didn't feel slammed by Del's words. I've never felt 'slammed' by Axl on stage. If you feel like you were 'slammed', you must be one of the know-it-alls they were referring to.

No offense.

Exactly! If the shoe fits!

No offense.

I actually applauded the 'slamming' of the negative know-it-alls :) I couldn't contain myself I was laughing so hard... haha.

No offense.

I actually applauded the 'slamming' of the negative know-it-alls :) I couldn't contain myself I was laughing so hard... haha.

LOL! I would too! The 'Green Day' and 'Nickleback' sections are that away kids! Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out! - :)

But they had Andy Wallace mixing the album a month ago and suddenly it's like there is no album. It is weird to do a tour without an album but it's not the first time - Pink Floyd did it with Dark Side of the Moon. I do wonder if people will be back next year to see GNR live but still this idea that they are consciously betraying the fans on purpose seems a long shot. Like what for? For attention?

The reason for the Dark side of the Moon tour prior to them recording the album was so they could road test all the songs. In other words they were playign Dark side of the Moon in its entirity before they recorded it. Do'nt see Axl doing that with Chinese Democracy.

I just don't get the idea that this band is touring and people think it's on false pretenses. Like they touring and only pretending they have a record. To me that is a real stretch.

Correct me if Im wrong but isnt that what they did in 2002

Edited by Opax

No offense.

LOL! I would too! The 'Green Day' and 'Nickleback' sections are that away kids! Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out! - :)

It's pointless to mock them, Ions. I honestly wish I could sell lives around here... I'd be a millionaire.

No offense.

none taken mate. I don't consider myself a know-it-all, more of an offside spectator laughing at the Titanic.

No offense.

more of an offside spectator laughing at the Titanic.

Exactly.

Oh man Nickleback. I can't believe you even mentioned them. Del was just saying they don't put much thought into what they do, it's just rock n roll, not worth discussing the setlist, or anything really about the band, they are just there to do a show for people if you want to see it. It's no big deal.

No offense.

none taken mate. I don't consider myself a know-it-all, more of an offside spectator laughing at the Titanic.

You would be one of the guys that made it to a raft. Shame on you.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: