Record Company

wasted

I know people are blaming Axl for no album when he said it would be this year. But could it be the record company stopping the release?

Absolutely...they have no interest at all in raking in wads of cash during the Christmas buying season!

:book:

As many of us believe, I think Axl once again tinkered with the damn thing after the European tour and decided to get Ron on the album, feeling very confident in him and seeing him as part of the family now, and had him record some parts so that he would be part of this album. So there went the timeline, everything is delayed now. It put off a release date and thus all the marketing and such is being held back until a new date is conceived. Another hunch is that Axl decided to record a song Izzy recently wrote and wanted to get it on the album as well. Or both has happened. I think Axl decided to get Ron on the album and it's pushed everything back.

I know people are blaming Axl for no album when he said it would be this year. But could it be the record company stopping the release?

Absolutely...they have no interest at all in raking in wads of cash during the Christmas buying season!

Quick! Someone go get Madison or UK! It seems HisRoyalFatness has hijacked Zint61's account!

Don't erase this one Zint! I think it's funny:)

Quick! Someone go get Madison or UK! It seems HisRoyalFatness has hijacked Zint61's account!

I feel soiled somehow.. :drevil:

Figured you erased it the first time... my bad if it wasn't you! Not sure why someone would do that.

Figured you erased it the first time... my bad if it wasn't you! Not sure why someone would do that.

wasn't me..

Edited by zint61

from a 11/26/06 interview with jimmy iovine:

http://www.calendarlive.com/music/cl-ca-io...-home-headlines

"I met with Samsung, and it convinced me more than ever that the structure of the record business doesn't work," the label executive said, sitting on his office patio. "If we don't fix this business, people won't look back on us in 20 years and applaud because of all the great artists we signed. They'll remember us as the generation that watched the music business die, and I don't want to be part of that legacy."

But what can anyone do in an industry whose album sales are falling faster than a bungee jumper at the county fair — even someone who has been called the "future" of the record industry by no less an entrepreneur than Apple's Steve Jobs?

Iovine, who learned much about positioning a company for change from Jobs, thinks there are solutions.

"Until now, the record industry has thought primarily in terms of defense — 'How do we stop the leak?' " Iovine says, referring to finding ways to combat what he brands as the "stealing" of music through file sharing, piracy and other means. "We have to get into more of the revenue stream. The eventual answer may be a flat fee that enables you to listen to all the music you want. Sites like iTunes need to become a more fulfilling experience — besides music, they should allow you to communicate with other fans, buy concert tickets, T-shirts, maybe even get unreleased recordings by your favorite artists."

he doesn't mention gnr in the interview, but i thought this was interesting in reference to the new gnr record.

i think that he may have some ideas that axl could be interested in that, at the end of the day, could be worth it for them to wait for a bit. granted, i don't know how closely iovine works with axl, although they are obviously chummy to a certain extent.

i think if the label were really the problem, axl would talking shit more shit about it....which i guess he kind of did the other night onstage.....

but i for sure think that the hold up at this point cannot be 100% axl. things were in motion 3 months ago like they never had been.....

I think it would be the greek god of water Posidon who ket a huge fart go and washed away chinese democracy, who is to blame for the delay/

A8R