GNR changes music again..

Gunzen

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rock3

You are insulting Axl by mentioning his name in association with bands like Opeth, Muse, Tool, or Iron Maiden. Axl was, and is, in another league than all those bands.

GNR perhaps was. Axl alone isn't.

He stil is man, jesus dont even compare them. I like some of those bands mentioned, but please dont even try to put them in the same league as Axl. So I guess they are also in the same league as Paul Mccartney? New Band too. Robert Plant? Give me a fucking break. Dude, I am sorry you have so much angst against Axl for breaking up GNR. You should get over it. You are just a hater and would love to see Axl fail. But he wont.

In my mind there is way too much hype already for this album to tank. If you add to that the radio friendly songs we have heard already (Better, The Blues), aswell as more songs to come, then its hard to see the album fail outright. I think moderate success would be a real pitty for this album and in my view say alot of negative things about the current day music listeners. I personally predict that the album will become a genuine commercial success and achieve relatively high sales. Unfortunately I cant see the teenagers of today really being blown away by this album, not because it isn't brilliant but simply because I think things have just moved on.

Naturally I hope this album blows a fucking hole in to the music world and this version of Guns can achieve world domination rock3

rock3

In my mind there is way too much hype already for this album to tank. If you add to that the radio friendly songs we have heard already (Better, The Blues), aswell as more songs to come, then its hard to see the album fail outright. I think moderate success would be a real pitty for this album and in my view say alot of negative things about the current day music listeners. I personally predict that the album will become a genuine commercial success and achieve relatively high sales. Unfortunately I cant see the teenagers of today really being blown away by this album, not because it isn't brilliant but simply because I think things have just moved on.

Naturally I hope this album blows a fucking hole in to the music world and this version of Guns can achieve world domination

rock3

Edited by Gunzen

the first single, can you imagine hearing "better" or anothewr song on the radio, mixed perfectly, and the hype. This could be great, but at the very least we are all gonna get some great music judging by what we have heard so far. Wouldnt it be epic if he was saving the best for the album rock1

This album will make millions simply becuz IT IS! CHINESE DEMOCRACY - the biggest most talked about album in the world.

thing that i was wondering was...Will GnR and Axl, Become more respectable and more 'cool'

y'know what am saying. today all i see is Emo shit. And that's putting it nicely Lol

will people say "okok it's amazing GNR are back again!"

will it be fashonable to wear newGNR tee shirts with out some 'trendy' emo dude laughing at you?

we all know what we think of this album so far what we've herd. i personaly love it ,so far

But the question is. what will everyone else think? what will noneGNR fans think

im dredding it, i hope so much. i dont hear any of that "They are nothing with-out Slash".....

This album will make millions simply becuz IT IS! CHINESE DEMOCRACY - the biggest most talked about album in the world.

thing that i was wondering was...Will GnR and Axl, Become more respectable and more 'cool'

y'know what am saying. today all i see is Emo shit. And that's putting it nicely Lol

will people say "okok it's amazing GNR are back again!"

will it be fashonable to wear newGNR tee shirts with out some 'trendy' emo dude laughing at you?

we all know what we think of this album so far what we've herd. i personaly love it ,so far

But the question is. what will everyone else think? what will noneGNR fans think

im dredding it, i hope so much. i dont hear any of that "They are nothing with-out Slash".....

thats a good point, will it be cool? I dont know, but I know it is already cool to wear a GNR T. You dont see alot of em yet, but they are cool. rock1

the fact that the album has not been released is hype enough. for the last 5-6 years chinese democracy has been talked about fuck, if there is any guns n roses news story it is always top 5 headlines at billboard, blabbermouth, ultimate guitar etc. people that are into music know of this album, whether they like the band or not.

i live in australia and the only news you can get on rock bands is either very mainstream or an aussie band(we like to pump our own bands tyres) but guns n roses is an exception to that rule. in the week preceding axl's letter they featured on the today show entertainment as lead story and even headlined the ninemsn video news and there were small articles in the herald sun and the age, the two biggest papers in australia. what was unusual about these articles were they didnt feature in the entertainment section, rather they were in the world news.

when i first heard better i was blown away. since ive showed it to a lot of my friends, ALL of which have thought it was an unreal song. since they have kept asking me when is this album coming out, i want to hear more etc..

wat im sayin is that better will hit the mainstream if it gets airplay, (which it will just because it guns n roses) and tear it up. attention will be at the album and a second hit single could put guns back on top. at the moment all we have in the music is female pop singers with attitude which can work for axl, and emo shit. emoo has even lost its touch and is not really seen as cool anymore. the world needs a rock band it can dance and rock out to. guns n roses is that band.

promo is the key, get better out there and guns n roses will be back with a bang

just my two cents

I can see it bobbing along modestly.

I really don't see GN'R selling millions upon millions in this day and age. And they certainly won't 'change music'. I'd love it to happen, of course, but eh...I just don't think it will. Axl and the guys are doing nothing new.

And Fridayfan13, if you don't think there are bands out there at the moment that are half as good as Guns you need to get a wider taste of music.

oh please. give me one band that can even come close to the music we have heard the GNR this year.

Stolen Babies, Agalloch, Tool, Opeth, Woods of Ypres, Muse, 65daysofstatic, Iron Maiden, Novembers Doom, Isis, Cult of Luna, Sculptured, The Gathering, Winds, Neurosis, Green Carnation, Frantic Bleep, Explosions in the Sky, Drudkh, The Who, Porcupine Tree, Nevermore, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum...

Need I go on?

Music today is fucking amazing, and all of those bands have either released an album or done a tour.

Anyone who thinks the music scene today is bad, and that GN'R is the peak of music, is very ignorant.

People on here are looking for a band that is 'huge'! That is part of the legacy of GnR. Like Queen, GnR for the majority of their career, have been an arena/stadium band. Those bands you mentioned, with the except of a few, are really not arena/stadium bands, and don't have that 'biggest band in the world' and 'larger than life' rock n roll aura about them. Thats what GnR was, and hopefully will be again... and that's the kind of band that changes things overall...

Edited by SteelestSnake

the fact that the album has not been released is hype enough. for the last 5-6 years chinese democracy has been talked about fuck, if there is any guns n roses news story it is always top 5 headlines at billboard, blabbermouth, ultimate guitar etc. people that are into music know of this album, whether they like the band or not.

i live in australia and the only news you can get on rock bands is either very mainstream or an aussie band(we like to pump our own bands tyres) but guns n roses is an exception to that rule. in the week preceding axl's letter they featured on the today show entertainment as lead story and even headlined the ninemsn video news and there were small articles in the herald sun and the age, the two biggest papers in australia. what was unusual about these articles were they didnt feature in the entertainment section, rather they were in the world news.

when i first heard better i was blown away. since ive showed it to a lot of my friends, ALL of which have thought it was an unreal song. since they have kept asking me when is this album coming out, i want to hear more etc..

wat im sayin is that better will hit the mainstream if it gets airplay, (which it will just because it guns n roses) and tear it up. attention will be at the album and a second hit single could put guns back on top. at the moment all we have in the music is female pop singers with attitude which can work for axl, and emo shit. emoo has even lost its touch and is not really seen as cool anymore. the world needs a rock band it can dance and rock out to. guns n roses is that band.

promo is the key, get better out there and guns n roses will be back with a bang

just my two cents

Nice post, thanks for writing. :)

Now Gunzen had a few good points towards the start of the thread, and what he thinks might happen to the album...one of those things will probably happen.

But to all of you saying that New-Guns are the best band in the world and that none of the bands Nightrain mentioned are just plain ignorant. Gunzen mentioned Dream Theater, and that they weren't very good...and couldn't be more wrong. If he doesn't like them, fair enough, but they are one of the most talented bands around now and have been for a long while. Ron is the only one in Guns that can match the musicianship in DT. I love Guns too, but to even say that the few new songs we have heard are better than say all of Opeth's or even Iron Maiden's catalog is just so stupid I can't even think about it without shaking me head. 5 songs better than all of Maiden's albums?? :o comeon! That's one of the stupidest things I've heard in a while. And Opeth are brilliant too.

There's plenty of bands that are better than guns right now. You may not like them....but you can't just ignore their talent and music.

Now Gunzen had a few good points towards the start of the thread, and what he thinks might happen to the album...one of those things will probably happen.

But to all of you saying that New-Guns are the best band in the world and that none of the bands Nightrain mentioned are just plain ignorant. Gunzen mentioned Dream Theater, and that they weren't very good...and couldn't be more wrong. If he doesn't like them, fair enough, but they are one of the most talented bands around now and have been for a long while. Ron is the only one in Guns that can match the musicianship in DT. I love Guns too, but to even say that the few new songs we have heard are better than say all of Opeth's or even Iron Maiden's catalog is just so stupid I can't even think about it without shaking me head. 5 songs better than all of Maiden's albums?? :o comeon! That's one of the stupidest things I've heard in a while. And Opeth are brilliant too.

There's plenty of bands that are better than guns right now. You may not like them....but you can't just ignore their talent and music.

It is not necessarily about how good technically the band is. It is about the appeal/marketability of the band. We all know Buckethead's musical ability is epic, but his appeal is just not that good. I agree that Opeth has some great music, but they will never be mainstream because of the "star quality". I know this all sounds like Bullshit, but Axl has "it" and that is why I still believe there is a chance(however small) that this album becomes huge. That is what I am saying. We all know that The PS3 is the better machine for example, but the Wii has the appeal, I am not a vid guy, just going by my sons opinion and trying to make an analogy.

So the question becomes, can Axl transcend the gluttony of mediocre mainstream music to be successfull? like Opeth and bands like that could not. I was using dream theatre cause they have that feel. I like Coheed and Cambria as well, but it just wont happen. It is about the Charisma as well as the music to be huge. You need to have it all. And Axl does, but can he promote it? Just my opinion.

It is not necessarily about how good technically the band is. It is about the appeal/marketability of the band. We all know Buckethead's musical ability is epic, but his appeal is just not that good. I agree that Opeth has some great music, but they will never be mainstream because of the "star quality". I know this all sounds like Bullshit, but Axl has "it" and that is why I still believe there is a chance(however small) that this album becomes huge. That is what I am saying. We all know that The PS3 is the better machine for example, but the Wii has the appeal, I am not a vid guy, just going by my sons opinion and trying to make an analogy.

So the question becomes, can Axl transcend the gluttony of mediocre mainstream music to be successfull? like Opeth and bands like that could not. I was using dream theatre cause they have that feel. I like Coheed and Cambria as well, but it just wont happen. It is about the Charisma as well as the music to be huge. You need to have it all. And Axl does, but can he promote it? Just my opinion.

Yeah I agree, mostly. I have a Wii :P and I love it, and wouldn't want a PS3 or anything now, cause it's different:P. But that's got nothing to do with this. If GnR promote CD, then I think it will be pretty successful. Even old fans will still buy it just because its Guns, and they will be curious what's happened over all these years, that fact alone will sell a lot IMO, and the quality of the music will keep the sales up.