The greatest disaster album...EVER

Towserhead

The article is all bull shit. All he did was take the Jeff Leeds NY Times article, spruce it up, throw a spin around it and give it an approach from a different point of view. (mainly from Tom Zutaut's POV)

Then the guy throws in a few tid bits from Axl's "open letter" and creates this illusion like it's a bonafide piece of news. What a bunch of crap.

I'm also pretty sure the TWAT black and white video he was referring to was a fan made vid that ended up on YouTube.

And...does anybody remember Axl talking to fans outside the gates of his mansion????? I don't think so.

cybercurves

I agree, nothing new here, unless you are new to forums. I think anyone coud have written that. But thanks for it nonetheless, we appreciate anything written as long as it is truthful.

Was that sarcasm? :suspicious: That article was just bullshit combined with real facts..

And by the way, I don't appreciate everything written as long as it's truthful because in "internet-journalism" (which this wasn't but it applies here too because of the writer) it's common to twist the real facts and show only positive/negative side of them..

Edited by Wando

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. Most of it was old news, but some of the stuff I hadn't heard about - e.g. Axl dragging Stephanie through broken glass by her feet, or his psychic escapades. :lol: I knew he had used a psychic for counseling and such, but I didn't realize that it was that bizarre...

But that kind of sums up why Axl is the defining rock star. He got too rich, too wealthy and too everything too fast and too young - and it's kind of sad. You can see what the glitz, the fame, the glamor does to you - it cripples you, and it destroys you. Did it to Howard Hughes, did it to Michael Jackson.

Axl's life would make a great movie biopic, especially in thirty years once the lawsuits are cleared and people actually start talking about this stuff more openly...

"Then he would turn to his computer and surf the internet at night for any mentions of his own name, occasionally posting cryptic messages himself."

Axl are you here ? :unsure:

yes..... i mean no, no, shit, fuck, emmm BETA GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE QUICK!!!

Funny how Brian May has had no problem sharing the info he knows about the project, even though according to this guy they had to sign all that shit. I definitely call this article into question. He starts off talking about how he has followed the band for a while, but the rest of the article makes him sound plain uneducated about the GN'R camp since the breakup.

The fact that he is addressed in "Get In The Ring" makes me question it even more. You can't tell me this guy doesn't hold a grudge after being called out in a song like that.

Funny how Brian May has had no problem sharing the info he knows about the project, even though according to this guy they had to sign all that shit.

Well, you can trivialize this stuff all you want, but it's documented that everyone involved with the project has had to sign documents. Not such a huge shock given the history of the album and its creator. There are lawsuits we are not aware of according to Axl; a lot of stuff going on "behind the scenes" that has prevented them from talking openly about the process.

Brian May barely said anything, too - plus, right after it leaked, he responded by saying he didn't have time to address any of the letters about it, and he only vaguely recalled working on a handful of songs with Axl. A few weeks after the fact was when he finally said he had worked on Catcher in the Rye.

Edited by Estranged Reality

no one takes this cd seriously, only the members on gnr forums, it will bomb big time

I've been saying that shit for along time. It will have good first week sales, and will then immediately nosedive.

The same can be said for many if not most releases by high profile established artists with a dedicated following. Even many which are critically acclaimed. The last NIN album, or Pearl Jam's. It doesn't mean they've been a failure.

The more I read about Rose, the more i sympathise with him. he's just like me with more money.

Yeah its full of inaccuracies and im sure alot of it is based on assumption. The TWAT video on the official site is a prime example, it was a fan made video that was posted on CD.com. Mick Wall needs to do his homework!

Jonx

Seems like he just made shit up on his own

Yeah its full of inaccuracies and im sure alot of it is based on assumption. The TWAT video on the official site is a prime example, it was a fan made video that was posted on CD.com. Mick Wall needs to do his homework!

Jonx

Seems like he just made shit up on his own

He's one of the best rock critics, nevertheless. I don't think he made shit up on his own. The mistake about the TWAT video is a detail : unlike us, Mick Wall isn't constantly logged into GNR related forums.

Edited by Axingn'r

I feel he only wrote that to promote his book.. <_<

Nice little ending there

WAR: W Axl Rose – The Unauthorised Biography’ by Mick Wall (Sidgwick & Jackson, £16.99) is out in May

And he wanted people to know he knew Axl Rose.

However, most of the points made in Mick's article have all appeared in other publications in the past anyway -- such as Axl running over Todd Sullivan's CDs with his car (March 6, 2005 edition of the New York Times) and Sharon Maynard looking over pics for psychic inspection (May 2000 issue of RollingStone). Not sure why Mick didn't credit these publications or some other source for this info in the article.

That's right. Some parts of Mick's article are "copy/paste" from these articles.

I feel he only wrote that to promote his book.. dry.gif

Nice little ending there

WAR: W Axl Rose – The Unauthorised Biography’ by Mick Wall (Sidgwick & Jackson, £16.99) is out in May

And he wanted people to know he knew Axl Rose.

---I honestly thought until I read that that what Wall wrote WAS a promo for his book.

The thing I hate is that I'm such a fucking fanboy that I"m going to go buy the goddamn book when it comes out.

---Most of the shit he said could be found in Paul Stenning's "The Band That Time Forgot." All the shit about Sharon "Yoda" Maynard, Buckethead's coop--all his weird shit that Axl's into now was there.

I honestly think that was a book promo in poor disguise.

But I'm still going to but it.

~Bryan

I thought it was somewhat obvious that he was writing it to promote his upcoming book and why not?

Also madison, its a magazine article why would he feel it necessary to reference everything? I mean its not an academic journal, no bibliography is required.