Jimmy Page - Solo Guitar (Stairway To Heaven)

lawrence

to much use of the word guitar god on here & it aint justified

this is a guitar god

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HACYeRrNZFU

remember this for future reference,it has class, melody, is in tune & isn't sloppy , (get the hint)

ps

just thought i'd show the younger fans who are in cloud cuckoo land with what they're overating at the moment

to much use of the word guitar god on here & it aint justified

this is a guitar god

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECQbcDanAnU

remember this for future reference,it has class, melody, is in tune & isn't sloppy , (get the hint)

ps

just thought i'd show the younger fans who are in cloud cuckoo land with what they're overating at the moment

I like Page though I can think of 25 guitar players who I prefer over him technically. There are many people who can play the guitar well. It is not that terribly hard to master. The hard part is writing pretty fucking music. And Jimmy Page could do this all day.

I'm taking good note...

what about you're taking note of posting this in the good section next time!

ive been here long enough to know what goes in what section

this needed posting here, so the UNEDUCATED could take note,

here have one more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki7H-_Z9_sk...ted&search=

Edited by lawrence

i think some people are missing the point. its not a jimi page appreciatin thread, just a thread to show what a guitar god is. because its been used very loosely in this section

correct :)

not one reply of how good the solo is either,

perhaps if he grew a beard & fucked the solo up this thread would be about ten pages long by now :rofl-lol:

Edited by lawrence

Johnny Thunders is the epitome of brilliance. What a fucking genius.

Amen to that! or Ameeen as the case may be.

Do you have Lipstick Killers?

those early mercer sessions? shit yeah! you know what you should get? this dvd u can get of the dolls like hours of footage shot by Bob Gruen of em, its great!!!!!! isnt there an early version of so alone on that? i LOVE that song, especially when he played it in the 1980 heartbreakers reforming for the one off gig in london, i think lyceum was it? where in the middle he tells the story of the young boy who gets raped on the streets of new york...its really...just tragic. OH! u know what you should get if you like Johnny Thunders? please please pleeeeeeeeeeease do this even as a favor, if u dont like it i'll fuckin refund ur money, a movie called What About Me? its AMAZING!

link

http://imdb.com/title/tt0288315/

check out the cast!

Edited by frankwhite

Johnny Thunders is the epitome of brilliance. What a fucking genius.

Amen to that! or Ameeen as the case may be.

Do you have Lipstick Killers?

those early mercer sessions? shit yeah! you know what you should get? this dvd u can get of the dolls like hours of footage shot by Bob Gruen of em, its great!!!!!!

Yeah! Dude that shit is fucking unbelievable, I have the dvd. It's amazing. The New York Dolls are to me the greatest fucking punk (protopunk, whatever) band ever! The whole early CBGB scene was fucking phenomenal... Also Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers were a great band...

I love Johnny Thunders so goddamn much.

Edited by adnan

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

robertjohnsonic2.jpg

This is a guitar god, take note motherfucker

This threads about Jimmy Page, not Robert Johnson (or Johnny Thunders).

This thread is about what a guitar god is, I think lawrence would agree with that.

And yeah, I'm talking to you Larry, you can take note, because you are uneducated. It's real easy to praise the shit that's on the radio 24/7, how about a little notice for the men who's records taught Jimmy Page everything he knows? Maybe you should get educated.

I think its a well constructed improvised solo, but just gets so damn boring after a while, they play this clip on Max whenever they have their big top 200 songs of all time etc. and this one comes up at #2 and I find myself just switching off when I hear that "I think this is a song of hope" and know what it is. I got nothing against it really and don't damn me about this, just saying if I was at the concert, I probably woulda sat down.