"With Teeth" is the best NIN album

Estranged Reality

I don't usually start a thread for a particular album unless it makes a big impression on me - and this album did.

I'm not a big NIN fan but I love this album.

The remixes on the single EPs are even better! The song "Only" remixed by El-P is so moving...

I just don't understand why it got mediocre reviews and why even the fans seemed to think it was average - it only received a 4/5 on Amazon which is good, but not great by any means, and not as positive as the reviews for The Downward Spiral (an album I personally loathe and despise).

I think Trent has matured in both his lyrics and actual songwriting here - it doesn't sound the angry rants of a repressed teen any more, it sounds like an adult coming to terms with his emotions, and I think it's brilliant.

it's a testiment to trent's staying power and skill.

only and sunspots are awesome. but it still lacks something that broken, downward spiral and the fragile had; cant put my finger on it. but i still love it, trent is a genius.

it's a testiment to trent's staying power and skill.

only and sunspots are awesome. but it still lacks something that broken, downward spiral and the fragile had; cant put my finger on it. but i still love it, trent is a genius.

very true that. i guess thats why this album appeals to people who don't like the earlier work. i think with teeth is admirable.

I've got to differ - With Teeth is musically great, and very focused, but Trent is at his most uninspired as far as lyrics go.

The Downward Spiral, on the other hand, is a stunner - In terms of its overarching concept, musical texture and detail, and passion.

With Teeth is a good pop album, certainly. But it's not even remotely a patch on the greatness that is TDS. Or Pretty Hate Machine, for that matter.

I've got to differ - With Teeth is musically great, and very focused, but Trent is at his most uninspired as far as lyrics go.

The Downward Spiral, on the other hand, is a stunner - In terms of its overarching concept, musical texture and detail, and passion.

With Teeth is a good pop album, certainly. But it's not even remotely a patch on the greatness that is TDS. Or Pretty Hate Machine, for that matter.

^^ He pretty much got it in one. With Teeth in my opinion is NIN's worst album. The other 3 main albums are so much more powerful and inspiring...