Poison

ESOR LXA

I been getting into a bit of poison lately and think they were one of the best band of the late 80's, up there with gnr. I dont know why so many people here hate them? open up and say ahhh has sold 10 million world wide. My fave tracks on this album are nothin but a good time, fallen angel and ofcourse the best balled of rock history, every rose has its thorns.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have catchy tunes. My musical taste is diverse and I'm not afraid to admit that I like some of their work, even though it probably lacks depth and integrity. A lot of people decide what bands they like based on the opinions of their social circles and the rock press, which is pretty fucking sad. Poison is considered to be pussy-pop music and that doesn't sit well with guys who wanna be bad-ass. Then again, there are some people who genuinely don't like them for their own reasons, and that's alright. Let us remember, though, that Slash auditioned for this band.

They have catchy tunes. My musical taste is diverse and I'm not afraid to admit that I like some of their work, even though it probably lacks depth and integrity. A lot of people decide what bands they like based on the opinions of their social circles and the rock press, which is pretty fucking sad. Poison is considered to be pussy-pop music and that doesn't sit well with guys who wanna be bad-ass. Then again, there are some people who genuinely don't like them for their own reasons, and that's alright. Let us remember, though, that Slash auditioned for this band.

Is your picture Charlie Moran from " The Pope "?

Dude they were shit. They were the epitomy of what was wrong with rock music in the mid 80's - sorry

If you mean "The Pope of Greenwich Village" and the character of Charlie played by Mickey Rourke, yes that's Mickey Rourke.

There's nothing cooler than pussy pop rock. Pussy pop rock gets you pussy.

If you mean "The Pope of Greenwich Village" and the character of Charlie played by Mickey Rourke, yes that's Mickey Rourke.

Oh, I knew who it was in real life - Just wanted to confirm it was from the Pope - One of my favorite movies of all time baby

Poison (Y)...one of the best bands of the 80's

can't get enough of the first 3 albums

anybody heard the newer albums...are they any good?

Check out , "Crack A Smile" , it's probally the best music they ever done , it has Blues Saraceno on guitar , they do a great cover of the song "Cover of a Rolling Stone" .

I love all the bashers of Poison , but then they say some of the stuff they actually admit to LIKING , and that makes it all clear , bunch a followers , with one dimentional taste , might as well listen to the same song all day.

Guest knerken

Catchy feelgood-songs and great party-music, but not a band I'd listen to when I'm home alone and want to listen to some good music. CC DeVille is a great guitarplayer too, but Bret Michaels can't sing at all!

You can't be serious.

you've got to appreciate Poison on thier own terms :)

but yeah they are good...so are Mötley Crüe,Dokken,Ratt,Winger,Warratn,White Lion,Whitesnake,Europe,Skid Row and probably some i forgot to mention:)

You can't be serious.

but yeah they are good...so are Mötley Crüe,Dokken,Ratt,Winger,Warratn,White Lion,Whitesnake,Europe,Skid Row and probably some i forgot to mention:)

Umm.......What?

You can't be serious.

Umm.......What?

ups...its WarraNT and Europe aka TheFinalCountdown band:)

"they were one of the best band of the late 80's"

Damn the 80's musta' sucked for you then man...

80's were the best :)

You can't be serious.

Umm.......What?

Shut up.

All these are fun bands, well not so much Whitesnake, they get you in the mood for the party. They're fun. He also didn't mention David Lee Roth solo and Cinderella, and of course KISS, but that's beside the point. Sure they aren't genius' when it comes to music but their music is catchy and fun to listen to.