VIDEOGAME Thread...

Well, my PC wasn't strong enough this time, so I had to get it on PS3. I always thought people were overreacting when they complained about NV or Fallout 3, but this is preposterous. :crazy:

If "Kingdoms of Amalur" turns out to be what I hope it is, it will quickly become one of my favorite games this generation.

I got Fallout 3 late, so my play-through of 170+ hours on that was fine.

As for NV, though, I got that at the midnight launch, got 10 hours into it and my game bugged out and everyone would attack me. I couldn't anything about it, so I traded the bitch in.

I thought Fallout 3 was superior, anyway. :shrugs:

It's finally out. Downloading now.

EDIT: Been playing for about 5 minutes and I can already tell a difference. Things are definitely running smoother, and my save file is between 10-11MB.

Also, I was finally able to become the Thane of Riften :D

Good info, I will let my buddy know. He has been playing this game forever.

This pretty awesome and exciting.

As for releasing the things, they should definitely do it.

Things like new mounts, dragon mounts, etc., I can understand paying for as everyone might not want those.

But the things like snow footprints, ambient occlusion, enhanced water flow and underwater visuals, etc. Those we shouldn't have to pay for and should be included in a regular update.

Edited by Black Sabbath

Kingdoms of Amalur is AWESOME! Playing a rogue/mage build with daggers and chakrams.

I was reading some info online and that Curt Schilling is the founder of 38 Studios. I thought to myself, there's no way it's the same Curt Schilling i'm thinking about... and WTF, it is!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curt_Schilling

curt-schilling-102607-lg.jpg

Edited by Forsaken

This pretty awesome and exciting.

As for releasing the things, they should definitely do it.

Things like new mounts, dragon mounts, etc., I can understand paying for as everyone might not want those.

But the things like snow footprints, ambient occlusion, enhanced water flow and underwater visuals, etc. Those we shouldn't have to pay for and should be included in a regular update.

That was really cool. I was very exited about the graphical aspects of it. Waterphysics, seasonal forrest etc. All looked really good. Agree that it should only be in an free update. Guess PC gamers are going to get most of this after some time. They have allready gotten a free High Res texture pack.

Kingdoms of Amalur is AWESOME! Playing a rogue/mage build with daggers and chakrams.

I was reading some info online and that Curt Schilling is the founder of 38 Studios. I thought to myself, there's no way it's the same Curt Schilling i'm thinking about... and WTF, it is!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curt_Schilling

curt-schilling-102607-lg.jpg

Haha, being European I had no idea who that guy was. :D

But he seems nice and passionate enough about this. He really communicates with people who bought this game on messageboards etc. I like that. Also, I didn't find a single bug yet.

Edited by st0n3r

I feel like I'm starting to get a little burnt out by Skyrim... Might have to put it on the shelf and go back to Batman and Dark Souls for a bit. Or, I could finally start playing Revelations! :D

Do Revelations. I have been wanting to play that. I am going to start playing RE5 again online.

Can't wait for RE6. I'm not sure I'll be getting Operation Raccoon City yet.

I've been playing Final Fantasy XIII-2 since that came out on Jan 31st. I'm loving it. They really seemed to fix most of the major issues people had. Only things I've noticed is that it doesn't look any better than the first did, which came out like 2 years ago (though they both look amazing, so I'm not exactly upset over this) and the story is kind 'lolwat' at times.

I still have most of the games I got for Christmas to play. I only completed Uncharted 1 and started Atelier Rorona. I'll have to finish Rorona and play Atelier Totori, Arkham City, and Uncharted 2. I also got Valkyria Chronicles for my birthday a few weeks ago, so I'll have to play that. I also plan on going back and replaying Eternal Sonata, Bayonetta, and Darksiders because I never finished them and I was liking all of them when I stopped playing (I don't know why I do that).