Year Zero

The Sandman

anyone recommend any of their previous stuff to help me out at all?

every NIN album is awesome, depends what you're more into though. i wouldnt start with 'with teeth', not the best reflection of trent's capabilities. its not the best place to start at all.

start with 'the downward spiral'; songs like hurt, closer, piggy and march of the pigs are essential to start with. then go with 'pretty hate machine', if only for terrible lie, head like a hole and sin.

the great destroyer pwns all.

anyone recommend any of their previous stuff to help me out at all?

every NIN album is awesome, depends what you're more into though. i wouldnt start with 'with teeth', not the best reflection of trent's capabilities. its not the best place to start at all.

start with 'the downward spiral'; songs like hurt, closer, piggy and march of the pigs are essential to start with. then go with 'pretty hate machine', if only for terrible lie, head like a hole and sin.

the great destroyer pwns all.

Well I don't know if it pwns all, but it fucking pwns!

I would list the songs I like but all you have to do is look at the track list. Its so easy to listen to from 1-16. If I had ot name a favorite, it would be either Meet your master, or The Good Soldier.

Easily Trent's best effort, closely followed by With Teeth. I'm not big into industrial, and those two are like a crossroads between industrial and more musical genres. I do like much of Spiral - particularly Hurt, Closer, and March of the Pigs. I also dig Head Like a Hole, Star Fuckers, and the like. Definitely dig Y0 though. Sick shit. Survivalism is my fave so far.

Year Zero is def a great album...but the weirdest thing happened to me....I put the CD on my PS3 to save the tracks and when I ejected the CD it came out a different color...no bullshit..anyone tried this yet? maybe the temperature when burning the CD causes it to change color..I thought it was pretty neat

Year Zero is def a great album...but the weirdest thing happened to me....I put the CD on my PS3 to save the tracks and when I ejected the CD it came out a different color...no bullshit..anyone tried this yet? maybe the temperature when burning the CD causes it to change color..I thought it was pretty neat

Yeah, that's been confirmed for a bit now. It's a pretty awesome feature, though.

Yeah, that's been confirmed for a bit now. It's a pretty awesome feature, though.

Yeah sry I just looked at the 2nd page...It scared the shit outta me when it happened...

A solid album. Not much more than that. It has some really good songs- Survivalism, Capital G, The Great Destroyer etc. but there's quite a bit of filler on there imo. I dunno- maybe this will be an album that grows on you over time. I really hope so because all the talk about it being better than TDS and Trent's greatest work is absolute bullshit. It's a fine album, but nowhere near as good as what Trent used to write.

Worth buying if you're a NIN fan but if you're trying to get into them- buy TDS.

Year zero is an incredible album,i must have listened to survivalism 100 times. But i stiill love the rest of the album!

I noticed on one of my download sites , ther is a "Tardusted Remix" of Survivalism available

for this song , you might want to check that out...

Cheers! rock3

Year zero is an incredible album,i must have listened to survivalism 100 times. But i stiill love the rest of the album!

I noticed on one of my download sites , ther is a "Tardusted Remix" of Survivalism available

Cheers! rock3

Yea, that "tardusted Remix" is great and if you like that you should check this out. It almost a completley different song but Saul Williams makes it the coolest frickin remix i've ever heard.

suvivalismopalheart

Cheers! rock3

Yea, that "tardusted Remix" is great and if you like that you should check this out. It almost a completley different song but Saul Williams makes it the coolest frickin remix i've ever heard.

suvivalismopalheart

saul williams + trent reznor = sonic orgasm.

in other words, they are both brilliant.

the great destroyer and zero sum , my faves.