NIИ

*ParadiseCityGirl*

Does anybody else think this music video is extremely sick?

Don't get me wrong, I love the song, (and the bondage clips of trent :wub: ),...but what the hell, the spinning pig head? And all the rotting animal corpses and skeletal oxen heads and the insects etc.? What's he trying to say here?

Just thought i'd bring it up since I recently got year zero...I've always wanted to know about the music vid for Closer though.

:huh:

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
The Downward Spiral.

Bloody good album, I might add.

I havent seen the video.

Was "And All That Could've Been" a live album then?

Yes.

Does anybody else think this music video is extremely sick?

Don't get me wrong, I love the song, (and the bondage clips of trent :wub: ),...but what the hell, the spinning pig head? And all the rotting animal corpses and skeletal oxen heads and the insects etc.? What's he trying to say here?

Just thought i'd bring it up since I recently got year zero...I've always wanted to know about the music vid for Closer though.

:huh:

It's definitely one of Trent's more dark and disturbing vids.

There are a million ways to analyze it. It's a vid about morals, desires and animal instincts, where he juxtaposes pics of animals (animal instinct) with himself with the old guys in suits (ie. moral authority). There are insects (that don't think, just do) and pigs (selfishness) and bondage (sub-dom play). It's definitely creative with a lot of images and thoughts going on there - which I guess reflected the mixed thoughts, confused desires and drug-induced paranoia Trent was going through. This is how I view the vid. :)

My favorite NIN vid is "Gave Up." Trent unleashes this incredible emotion as he's laying the tracks down to the song. Awesome. I get shivers everytime I watch it. Truly amazing vid. *drool* ....

"Wish" is also pretty cool with Trent inside a cage. Pretty hot images. :xmasschef2:

"March of the Pigs" is pretty funny - Trent is so wasted he drops the mic about five times. :lol:

The Perfect Drug ! rock2

I love that song so much.

Madison - excellent explanation of the video, it makes a lot of sense when you put it that way. I've always loved it just because I hate censorship, and the "Scene Missing" in the version shown on TV makes me laugh.

Just watched the mentioned videos. I wasn't so much disturbed by Closer. But the other two. First time in a long while that a music video has caused my jaw to drop. With that said, I quite like the videos, in a strange sort of way. I should get some DVDs, but I still havent got all the NIN albums that I want. Damn unemployment.

try watching all of 'broken'...

and no, i dont think this video is sick. apart from the monkey bit...but overall i love it. i love the style of it, the way trent spins! its brilliant. happyness in slavery on the other hand i can do without watching...first time i saw it i freaked out.

but its NIN, they're hardly conventional...what did you expect of them especially to this song?!

i saw it all on youtube a while ago, not sure if it's still there. was pretty crazy! but it didnt shock me...i suspect it'll shock others...esp if they're freaked out by the closer vid...!

i saw it all on youtube a while ago, not sure if it's still there. was pretty crazy! but it didnt shock me...i suspect it'll shock others...esp if they're freaked out by the closer vid...!

Ummm... Just to clarify my earlier post - when I mentioned the "Gave Up" vid was my favorite - I meant the version where Trent is recording the track in his home studio - NOT the Broken version. Just thought I should clarify that. :book: ... The Broken version is completely and TOTALLY different. :vomit:

thanks both for help....found it on youtube :)

Awesome. I get shivers everytime I watch it. Truly amazing vid. *drool* ....
Ummm... Just to clarify my earlier post - when I mentioned the "Gave Up" vid was my favorite - I meant the version where Trent is recording the track in his home studio - NOT the Broken version.

oh really? :lol: !

...nah don´t worry, I think everyone knew you didn´t mean the Broken one(most likely)

Ummm... Just to clarify my earlier post - when I mentioned the "Gave Up" vid was my favorite - I meant the version where Trent is recording the track in his home studio - NOT the Broken version. Just thought I should clarify that. :book: ... The Broken version is completely and TOTALLY different. :vomit:

Sure you did, we believe you :rolleyes::lol:

I agree though, it's a great video...and Closer just really adds to the song- I don't really get how someone can love the song but not the video :huh: it captures everything the song's about so well, and even individual sounds in the music like the heartbeat and the insects crawling. I know I had images like that in my head from listening to the song, way before I ever saw the video.

*PCG* I'd have to agree with everyone here...go have a look at the Broken videos :rofl-lol:

Sure you did, we believe you :rolleyes::lol:

I agree though, it's a great video...and Closer just really adds to the song- I don't really get how someone can love the song but not the video :huh: it captures everything the song's about so well, and even individual sounds in the music like the heartbeat and the insects crawling. I know I had images like that in my head from listening to the song, way before I ever saw the video.

*PCG* I'd have to agree with everyone here...go have a look at the Broken videos :rofl-lol:

I'm didn't freak out when I saw it...ive seen it before..but was just intrigued by all the sick stuff incorporated in the vid.

I'll go watch Broken and Gave Up etc. when i'm on a computer that actually plays the vids (mine blows).

Now you've all got me waay curious. :lol: