Megadeth - United Abominations

Morten..

I really like it. I really appreciate the new direction of the band. The new members are great too. Glen rules in Burnt Ice. Right now, my only gripe is that the songs aren't really all that memorable. I love the artwork and the way the political sentiment has re energised the music; it makes the whole things so much more epic. reminds me of RIP and PCBWB. Not that I agree with Dave's politics, but the concepts are at least intelligently reasoned and expressed. 4/5. their best since countdown.

is Out On The Tiles a bonus track or something? i was really excited when dave mentioned it, but it doesn't appear on the record i've got

It's on the import. I wanted that track too, but you'll have to order the import to get it, or find it on the internet of course.

Just got the album, I sure as hell think it's good, and I for one think they returned to top form, I mean hell, this beats the living shit out of cryptic writings and risk and even world needs a hero by a mile. I give it 9.1 out of 10

Man Cryptic Writings is amazing ;)

I would say even better than Rust in peace

But anyway thats just me

(secret place,she wolf,trust,vortex)all killers :)

Edited by Johnny gnr

Just got the album, I sure as hell think it's good, and I for one think they returned to top form, I mean hell, this beats the living shit out of cryptic writings and risk and even world needs a hero by a mile. I give it 9.1 out of 10

Man Cryptic Writings is amazing ;)

I would say even better that Rust in peace

But anyway thats just me

(secret place,she wolf,trust,vortex)all killers :)

Wow, I've never heard that before haha. I've heard some people say that Peace Sells is better than RIP, but never CW. Always nice to see something different.

i got it weeks ago hmm its pretty cool

am i the only one who loves the system has failed?

Nope I love it!

After a few more listens I will say the new album

is amazing, tons of solos and killer Riffs! Best Megadeth album in years.. rock3

If it really measures up to Rust in Peace I'll give it a shot. I'm sure many would disagree, but to me that that was the last solid Megadeth album.

As a pretty big Megadeth fan, I'd say this one doesn't measure up to RIP, but is the best since. I love CTE, Youth, etc., but UA seems more complete to me. That's me, though.

There are some damn good thrashy moments on the album which can please many.