Dream Theater

dally

Got the album today, and after a few spinns this looks to be the best DT record since Scenes From A Memory.

It just grows in strenght after the first listening and realy takes you in to prog heaven..

Take the song "The Dark Eternal Night", whit an opening that reminds me of old Metallica aka Master of puppets era... Hard`n heavy... before it slips into DT as i like em.

The whole album is just a great listening, and a prog masterpice.

Recomended.

In The Presence of Enemies Pt.1 (9:00)

Forsaken (5:36)

Constant Motion (6:55)

The Dark Eternal Night (8:51)

Repentance (10:43)

Prophets Of War (6:01)

The Ministry of Lost Souls (14:57)

In The Presence of Enemies Pt.2 (16:38)

systematicchaosspecialoy6.jpg

Anyone else got it?? what you think??

Edited by dally

Nice. Haven't heard it. My favorite record is images and words.

Yea, that is a "must have album" among my favorite DT albums.

But the new one is realy getting close to be the best... rock4rock3

Yes, it´s growing on me as we speak. Seems to be one of the best, but very early to say...

My absolute favorites on this album is In the prescence of enemies (both parts), Ministry of lost souls and Forsaken

Agree, those are absolutly some great tunes.

what is Dream Theatre like? I've never listened to a single song but are they "Pink Floydish"? That's not based on anything..

The song Repentance from the new album is very Floydish, but usually it`s a lot of difference between DT and Pink Floyd. DT is more metal and more "technical" progressive.

Both Pink Floyd and Dream Theater are great bands though.. :)

Wasn't it released yesterday?

Damn I gotta have it NOW! :devil:

I love Dream Theater. This band is such a guarantee , they just never make shitty albums especially now that they have evolved so much.

I'll see them live for second time this July on Rockwave festival.

I suggest everybody to go see them live. They are awesome!

Btw I don't see the resemblance between PF and DT. I was never a big PF fan. I can see though what's it about but I just like a few songs.

Edited by rQueen

what is Dream Theatre like? I've never listened to a single song but are they "Pink Floydish"? That's not based on anything..

Extremely technical tight music. Very good stuff, you should check them out :)

I too didn't know they had a new album coming out...I'll have to get a copy after work :)

I too didn't know they had a new album coming out...I'll have to get a copy after work :)

Allegedly they're flawless live, which would be beyond amazing.

Allegedly they're flawless live, which would be beyond amazing.

Yes they are flawless and in fact they add more stuff to their solos

It's also great that they do some covers in every live. For example 2 years ago (last time I saw them) they did "Highway Star" from Deep Purple. Amazing!

And also Jordan Rudess came on stage wearing a fun 80s style wig, which he removed later on. :xmassrudolph:

I LOVE THEM!!!!

Edited by rQueen

I picked it up yesterday, and it seems cool so far. I've only listened to it a couple of times.

I picked up the "regular" CD. Did anyone get the "special edition" one with the DVD? If so, how is it?

I have it, The DVD is called: CHAOS IN PROGRESS, THE MAKING OF SYSTEMATIC CHAOS.

A 90 min ++ documentary and a 5,1 surround sound mix of the entire album.

If you are a die hard fan you need this, if you ain`t.. just go for the regular cd, it has the same track list.

whats a good Dream Theater intro album? I have nothing of theirs and Id like to check them out. And since we're in a forum about a prog rock band I need to ask about Isis. I started a thread on this but no one responded. Whats a good Isis album to check out in order to get into them?

whats a good Dream Theater intro album? I have nothing of theirs and Id like to check them out. And since we're in a forum about a prog rock band I need to ask about Isis. I started a thread on this but no one responded. Whats a good Isis album to check out in order to get into them?

Well, I've only got a few of their albums, so there are probably many other people here who could probably make better recommendations. But the first album that I was given from Dream Theater - "Live At Budokan" - really turned me onto the band. It's a double live album.

Try out the older once, Awake and Images and words... those albums is werry good and easy to get into.

Or try out one of the live albums such as the Marquee, Once in a live time, scenes from New York or the brand new one score.

If you give this band some time to grow on you, you`ll expirience some fantastic music. :)

About Isis, i have the first record of them, but i did not like it that much. ;)

Try out the older once, Awake and Images and words... those albums is werry good and easy to get into.

Or try out one of the live albums such as the Marquee, Once in a live time, scenes from New York or the brand new one score.

If you give this band some time to grow on you, you`ll expirience some fantastic music. :)

images and words is my favourite and it is also their first record

and its always good to start at the beginning,and ironically its also(IMO) their best!!!