Who is the "King Of Pop"?

Iceman24

Who's the King Of Pop?  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of the things MJ did or didn't do, his music was the best this planet seen or will ever see in pop culture

gusnguy

Justin will always be a boy-band bubble gum singer who offers nothing new, groundbreaking or memorable in any way, shape or form.

Oh really, Missy, well what do you say about this: http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/uncensored.shtml

:laugh:

Just proves Justin is an even bigger joke than I thought he was. :lol:

I thought it was pretty groundbraking... :huh:

Axl Rose. "Killing Time", "Closure", "On the Run", "Rhiad and the Bedouins" and "Sweet Child O' Mine". I mean, he IS pop !

I can't wait to hear those songs, but I'm afraid your hype might kill them.

"The Prowler" is probably going to be Axl screeching, "Duh PRRRRRYYYYYYYYAAAAAAOUWLLLLLLLLLERRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

.... and there will be no verses, just "PRYEEEEOWLLLER!"

Edited by Estranged Reality

Axl Rose. "Killing Time", "Closure", "On the Run", "Rhiad and the Bedouins" and "Sweet Child O' Mine". I mean, he IS pop !

I can't wait to hear those songs, but I'm afraid your hype might kill them.

"The Prowler" is probably going to be Axl screeching, "Duh PRRRRRYYYYYYYYAAAAAAOUWLLLLLLLLLERRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

.... and there will be no verses, just "PRYEEEEOWLLLER!"

The Prowler ? THE WORLD ISN'T READY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweet Child o' Mine is SOOOOO not Pop it's like...uh...heavy metal I think...uhhh...it has a guitar solo...and long hair...and...fuck...who's that guy that plays keyboards in the song...uh...Dizzy Weed or something...something...uh...yeah

Justin Timberlake has banged Cameron Diaz, Jessica Biel and Scarlett Johansson.

He may not be the king of pop, but he's the king of something.

"If I went around saying I was an emperor just because I stuck -my penis- in some moistened bink, well, they'd put me away! Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses not some fastical aquatic ceremony!"

quotes changed a bit to meet the demands of the topic at hand*

Killing Time [Gilby Clarke Overdub] > Sweet Child O' Mine

Axl Rose Party covers Appetite for Destruction as a type of revenge against GN'R's dare to release "Reckless Life", "Anything Goes" & "Shadow Of Your Love". 1999. Big Daddy Soundtrack. Party wins!

You forgot about Zig-Zag's 13 layers of overdubs on "the closure" including 5 harmonicas, 3 keyboards, 4 milk jugs, and a dijereedoo.

is the world ready?

i think not!

Axl Rose Party covers Appetite for Destruction as a type of revenge against GN'R's dare to release "Reckless Life", "Anything Goes" & "Shadow Of Your Love". 1999. Big Daddy Soundtrack. Party wins!

You forgot about Zig-Zag's 13 layers of overdubs on "the closure" including 5 harmonicas, 3 keyboards, 4 milk jugs, and a dijereedoo. And featuring guest performances from Akon and Synth Warrior. In stores March 18th, 2088!

You forgot about Zig-Zag's 13 layers of overdubs on "the closure" including 5 harmonicas, 3 keyboards, 4 milk jugs, and a dijereedoo. And featuring guest performances from Akon and Synth Warrior. Backround Vocals include Perry Ferrell, Fergie, The Entire Cast of The Partridge Family, and The Taburnacle Choir. In stores March 18th, 2088!

Compared to MJ he looks like a fool.

Watch the last few minutes of the 1999 performance in Korea, after Slash went off stage and MJ starts dancing Billie Jean. That is just insane what he does there. Brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1fqGTJkkuU

I agree!

Slash was trying to steal the show. :lol:

Nobody can dance like MJ. It's like he floats.

Wow, I had not seen that clip before. What was Slash's problem? :huh: Why would he do that? After watching that, I don't know how anybody could ever deny Slash's desperate desire to be in the spotlight. I mean, that was just rude. He was MJ's guest. :unsure:

Wonder if that's the last time he ever performed with MJ again -- In fact, I wonder if MJ ever spoke to him again after that.

Watch the last few minutes of the 1999 performance in Korea, after Slash went off stage and MJ starts dancing Billie Jean. That is just insane what he does there. Brilliant.

I agree!

Wow, I had not seen that clip before. What was Slash's problem? :huh: Why would he do that? After watching that, I don't know how anybody could ever deny Slash's desperate desire to be in the spotlight. I mean, that was just rude. He was MJ's guest. :unsure:

Wonder if that's the last time he ever performed with MJ again -- In fact, I wonder if MJ ever spoke to him again after that.

It was staged. If they really wanted him off they would have just pulled his plug on the guitar.

I agree!

It was staged. If they really wanted him off they would have just pulled his plug on the guitar.

But they kind of did. :unsure: Those two big burly guys tried to get him to stop and kind of pushed him - and then they cut off the spotlight to Slash and his guitar stopped abruptly after that. ... Did MJ say this was an "act" afterwards? :huh:

I agree!

It was staged. He performed w/MJ again in Sept 2001.

And after watching that again, I can't see how anyone could believe that Justin Timberlake of all people could ever take over as the King of Pop. Michael is just beyond awesome.

Edited by luvaxl4ever

But they kind of did. :unsure: Those two big burly guys tried to get him to stop and kind of pushed him - and then they cut off the spotlight to Slash and his guitar stopped abruptly after that. ... Did MJ say this was an "act" afterwards? :huh:

It's so obvious this was not real :ph34r:

They did the same at the '95 VMAs.

And yes, they performed together after that in 2001 at Michael's 30st stage-anniversary.

That was so obviously staged. :huh:

:rofl-lol:

Exactly, how anyone could think that this is real is beyond me :rofl-lol: , especially after they did something similar once at some VMA awards I think, where some dude tries to get Slash off the stage too.

OK. I didn't know that. I only saw the one clip. :huh:

That was so obviously staged. :huh:

:rofl-lol:

Exactly, how anyone could think that this is real is beyond me :rofl-lol: , especially after they did something similar once at some VMA awards I think, where some dude tries to get Slash off the stage too.

OK. I didn't know that. I only saw the one clip. :huh:

I guess Michael's costume change while Slash was finishing up the solo didn't give it away either.

lol, nice try though. :rofl-lol:

Edited by Patience 4 Axl