avril has offically lost it !!

Iron Roses

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I created Punk for this day and age. Do you see Britney walking around wearing ties and singing punk? Hell no. That's what I do. I'm like a Sid Vicious for a new generation."

I can't take her seriously after saying something like that.

"People are like, 'Well, she doesn't know the Sex Pistols.' Why would I know that stuff? Look how young I am. That stuff's old, right?"

Avril Lavigne: (Entertainment Weekly, 2002)

i got nothing against her, bless her.

Yeah but again she was 17 (maybe 18) when she said these things. Just imagine being that young and being in her shoes. She probably had a lot of record producers and whatnot telling her how punk she was, and no doubt her management wanted her to play up to that for the image. It would be hard for anyone to keep their head during that time. I don't think you can really hold that stuff against someone at that age in her position.

She's stated many times that she's not punk, and I think she'd probably be as embarrassed reading those back as we are now.

...God, I sound like such an Avril fanboy..

this is coming from the person who said that at that age she'd already sought out her musical niche and those that hadn't were stupid..

He'd. I'm a guy. ;)

And maybe that was her niche at the time. Tastes change. I by no means think I'll love the same music I do in 5 years that I do now. My music taste is still evolving. I know what I like though, and I don't bitch about the 'state of the industry', which was what that topic was about.

She was just unlucky enough to be in the spotlight as she was finding herself and made a few stupid comments, which people still hold against her to this day. Now that she's matured and changed, those quotes are unfair to pull out.

i dont really give a shit one way or another, im not very aware of her, just pointing out a contradiction :)

Except for the fact there was no contradiction, since we don't know Avril's opinions, but ok.

well yes there is inasmuch as you take a real lenient tone when its avril levinge looking to find her way but you really flamed that other dude in the other thread calling him stupid in so many ways because he hadn't found his.

Her second album is decent in my opinion,she was going in the right way..getting really better,but this new album is a complete disgrace..pop songs for teenagers.

I'm completely agree with you, i feel the same way..Her second album was so much more mature lyrically than the last one and the music was great, she was heartbroken and honest, Under my Skin is a beautiful album her best work so far.. rock3

The new one was a let down for me, i like a few songs and gf is cool with catchy chorus but meh i was expecting another thing.. But i cant deny that looks better than ever, her body looks tight!

to those who think shes hot: :rofl-lol: a 22 yr old ressing like a 12yr old is not hot

also, someone mentioned smething about her image/syle. what style? :rofl-lol: she looks like a lost extra from high school musical nowadays. im not sure what kinda look shes trying to do its like barbie princess, pop star, blonde bimbo rock star, rapper, hip hop lady man girl thing :huh:

more avril quotes:

"I'm not into gloss and glamour. It's soooo fake."

"Nick Carter wanted me to sing on his album but, you know, it's not really my thing. I'm not putting myself in the teen pop type of box."

"People like Shakira shouldn't have record contracts. She cant even speak English."

"I grew up on the mean streets of Canada and I had to survive."

"Of course, I've being compared to Kurt Cobain, we are both rock legends."

" I could be Britney, I could be BETTER than Britney. And if I were selling my body, I would wear that stuff but I'm selling my music."

(says the girl whos been on maxim & blender :huh: )

:lol:

Edited by Iron Roses

to those who think shes hot: :rofl-lol: a 22 yr old ressing like a 12yr old is not hot

also, someone mentioned smething about her image/syle. what style? :rofl-lol: she looks like a lost extra from high school musical nowadays. im not sure what kinda look shes trying to do its like barbie princess, pop star, blonde bimbo rock star, rapper, hip hop lady man girl thing :huh:

more avril quotes:

"Nick Carter wanted me to sing on his album but, you know, it's not really my thing. I'm not putting myself in the teen pop type of box."

"People like Shakira shouldn't have record contracts. She cant even speak English."

" I could be Britney, I could be BETTER than Britney. And if I were selling my body, I would wear that stuff but I'm selling my music."

She certainly has a healthy sense of self.

more avril quotes:

:lol: Wait wait, so you're saying you wouldn't do her? Cmon man, you aren't fooling anyone. :lol:

more avril quotes:

:lol: Wait wait, so you're saying you wouldn't do her? Cmon man, you aren't fooling anyone. :lol:

oh man shes a fucking skank and luks 12 years old. i wouldnt let her near my cock

these are the women worthy of my cock:

1. rachel_mcadams_1.jpg

2. shakira-wallpapers-3.jpg

3. Britney_Spears_3_-_new_promo_2004_-_lg.6535786.jpg

4. rachel-bilson-picture-6.jpg

5. angels6.jpg