Swedish Magazine Slams Axl

maper74

Yeah, you read it right, aftonbladet, a swedish newspaper/news website, in honor of Gn'R playing at sweden rock festival tonight, posted an interview with Mick Wall, who of course slamed Axl like tommorw would never come. I can say that i'm not suprised aftonbladet never speaks about Axl unleas they can make him look like shit but this is stepping over the line, evryone and their mum knows that Mick hates Axl, and to present everything he says as fact is bullshit at as high a level as it gets.

article is in swedish:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/article7281760.ab

Suprise suprise, Aftonbladet is at it again. So sick and tired of all the shit that paper spews out every single day. Just ignore basically everything they write. Can't understand the people that write these articles, pathetic.

I googled for a translation.

Rock perhaps the most remarkable personalities will visit Sweden Rock Festival with his new version of Guns n 'Roses tonight.

The world has wondered for fifteen years.

Tonight I play rock'n'roll answer to Greta Garbo in Sweden - but the issue remains:

How are you really, Axl Rose?

Mick Wall life changed in five minutes and forty seconds.

It was 1991, and the British music journalist had just listened to Guns N 'Roses albums "Use Your Illusion II".

One of the songs was called "Get in the Ring".

- I get emails from people who were not even born when the song was recorded, which requires that they want to beat up me. I knew immediately that I would spend the rest of their lives to talk about that song, "says Mick Wall of Amusement blade.

Wall and a handful of other journalists had for various reasons, come in illegally with Axl Rose. Now threatened the singer in the world's greatest rock band with a rod and urged them to "suck my fucking dick" in a song that would be heard by millions of fans. Nearly twenty years later become the now 52-year-old Mick Wall is still reminded of it.

- God, yes. You could see all the websites that has made fans of "Get in the Ring". People still want to talk to me about it. On my tombstone it will say "Mick Wall - Get in the Ring, Motherfucker," he says and laughs.

"Nobody FIGHT"

Do you ever feel threatened?

- No. Axl is a little guy with the stick thin arms, he is no fight. When the song came out I said to his people that I could show up at any time if he wanted to talk. The others named in the song has done similar things, and Vince Neil - Axl has also threatened with a rod - offered to come to the record company and make up. But Axl always pulled away.

In the years since then, the charismatic front man continued to pull back - from the old band members, friends, girlfriends, managers and journalists. William Axl Rose, 48, is a puzzle that never seem to get a response.

Is he crazy? A misunderstood genius?

And what did he do much in those fifteen years between GN'R's second last album ("The Spaghetti Incident, 1993) and their latest (" Chinese Democracy ", 2008)?

Is it true that he burned 72 000 dollars (600 000 SEK) for an exorcism? That he tried regression therapy and began to remember past lives as an Indian? Is it true that he consulted a female guru named "Yoda" on absolutely everything? That she studied photographs of people who applied for a job with him, and sorted out those who had "bad karma"? The Yoda told Axl that one of his personal staff had tried to assassinate him in 50 000 past lives, then Axl gave the assistant park?

"Rock Jackson"

Mick Wall - who has written the book "WAR - the unauthorized biography of Willam Axl Rose" and could be a PhD in Axl-science - does not hesitate with the answer.

- All right. And reality was, and still is, much, much worse than that. He is the weirdest rock star in the world today. We're talking rock Michael Jackson here, or the last days of Elvis Presley's life. Axl is not just a crazy rock star, he is a man with deep emotional problems.

How Axl live today?

- He has no friends other than his half brother. They spend time with him are people who work for him. When he's not touring, he is in his house, watching television or surfing around online and see if anyone has written anything about him. He sleeps during the day and are awake at night. He has made himself an enemy to all old friends, including all of the old band. I just talked with Izzy (Stradlin ', the guitarist for GN'R 1985-1992) who said that Axl usually call him sometimes and say things like "you said something to me in 1996 that I can not forgive you for." Izzy hear the sound of rustling paper in the background, as if Axl has written up all the little notes to remember it. I mean, who are like that? It's crazy!

The fact remains.

A band called Guns N 'Roses will enter the stage in Blekinge Norje tonight and invite the audience on the classic Guns N' Roses songs like "Welcome to the Jungle", "Mr.. Brownstone "and" Paradise City ".

- But you will see is not Guns N 'Roses, there is no Axl Rose and he pays to play with him. The former Guns members would love to be reunited and touring with him, but they do not want to pay 200 $ 000 next time he starts a riot somewhere because he did not turn up. It's very sad it all. I predict a sad end to this saga.

"He is dead"

You mean that he will die prematurely?

Mick Wall is quiet in the handset. Then he sighs and says:

- I think he is dead. He has turned their lives back.

- He has no friends other than his half brother. They spend time with him are people who work for him. When he's not touring, he is in his house, watching television or surfing around online and see if anyone has written anything about him. He sleeps during the day and are awake at night. He has made himself an enemy to all old friends, including all of the old band. I just talked with Izzy (Stradlin ', the guitarist for GN'R 1985-1992) who said that Axl usually call him sometimes and say things like "you said something to me in 1996 that I can not forgive you for." Izzy hear the sound of rustling paper in the background, as if Axl has written up all the little notes to remember it. I mean, who are like that? It's crazy!

Laughing hard

Laughing hard

He's mistaking Axl for himself again.

So lets see...... In the article Mick Wall said Axl is a shut in when not on the road who surfs the forums to see what people say about him, and who has alienated many of his friends and ex bandmates.....

The newspaper writer mentions Axl's regression therapy and his spiritual Yoda who used to read peoples aura's to see if Axl should work with them.... It also states that NuGnR is not GnR but Axl and a bunch of hired musicians...

Seems to me all that was written, while not very flattering, has been written by others before and is pretty much true, Yes??? So you all feel this is unfair because?????

Because it's a rag ?

It's unfair in the same way Perez Hilton mocking everybody who he doesn't like is unfair.

It's unfair the same way an article about Slash being cupid is unfair.

Because it focuses on negative stuff for the sake of it instead of showing the positive side of whatever he is doing at the moment.

Because there is no point in that article other than bashing for the sake of it.

Pretty much like your posts...

Guest Nasty Nate

Because it focuses on negative stuff for the sake of it instead of showing the positive side of whatever he is doing at the moment.

Because there is no point in that article other than bashing for the sake of it.

Well to be fair, there really isn't really much to be positive about. I mean seriously, it's not like he's running a fucking charity or rescuing kittens from a tree.

Has everyone been "fooled" by Slash?

Yes, it has been a collaborative systematic effort from the top on down of the entire music industry for the past 15 years designed to make Slash look like a hero and Axl like a villian. It should be painfully clear by now that everyone (and I mean everyone) is out to get him.

How else could he have had such foresight to even go as far as writing a song about it a decade earlier. It must be true. :rofl-lol:

Axl said he tries to avoid the internet while on tour so I think Wall is telling porkies.

He did not say while on tour Plonker if the translation is accurate here is what he said

"When he's not touring, he is in his house, watching television or surfing around online and see if anyone has written anything about him. "

Ah bugger, I misread. It's safe practice to take everything Wall says with a pinch of salt, it's not like has any reason to be postive about Axl, he certainly has a reason to be negative about him though.

You must not read most of my posts mate as I don't go out of my way to bash Axl but will challenge his supporters when I smell bullshit being shoveled...

I agree it is a negative article but it is nothing which has not been written before by others and frankly, whether you like it or not, what was said was basically true.......

As far as Slash is concerned I can't seem to remember anyone, including press or fellow musicians, having anything negative to say about the guy other than from Axl and his supporters ..So if he is such a bad guy where are his detractors? Has everyone been "fooled" by Slash?

Do you feel what was written about Axl is not true? If so voice your opinion with some facts instead of throwing veiled insults and resorting to the "well Slash is no angel either" deflection defense..........

I don't say it's not true ( even though I don't know Axl personally ), I say that it's pretty easy to write an article using his personnal life ( which has been fucked up since childhood ) to dismiss whatever he's doing profesionally.

I mean, whose business is it that he presumably has no friends and that he's a recluse ? Is that a proper argument to use against him ? He was already one during his prime time, but somehow journalists didn't use that argument to mock his music, were they ?

As for Slash, I said an article about him being "cupid". One does not have to be a dick to people to be cupid...It would be a pretty easy article to write about him, wouldn't it ? Would it be fair ? Not really.

Same here with Axl. Yes he probably has trouble to some degree connecting to people, yes he's weird in a lot of ways. But is that what journalists write about or is it just a way to further their own agenda ( aka "Reunite GNR or GTFO" )?

Do you really believe the same kind of articles would still be published if Axl was still at the peak of his popularity ? Articles about him being socially incompetent etc ? No, they would praise him and let all that PERSONAL stuff aside.

That's what's wrong about it.

The grave thing was equally as pathetic as the guy from Eagles of Death Metal getting that "Eagles of Shit Metal" tattoo and actually showing it to the press...

Is that really a lifetime accomplishment ? Being dissed by Axl Rose ?

Are they really that proud about it ? Wtf ?

No. Axl is a little guy with the stick thin arms.

His arms didn't look too stick like when he smashed that photograper up with one blistering punch, obviously Mick Wall didn't watch that video.

But Axl always pulled away.

Is that why he went searching for that photograper harassing Beta? Is that why he bit a security guard back in 2006? Is that why he went looking for Kurt Cobain to specifically fight him?

He has no friends other than his half brother.

Is that why DJ Ashba is on paper for calling Axl a best friend of his? Is that why he struck an instant friendship with Scarlett Johansson? Is that why he's been spotted going into New York cinemas with notable music and film industry figures?

When he's not touring, he is in his house, watching television or surfing around online and see if anyone has written anything about him.

I used to go on the Internet, Axl is quoted at having said in 2002, we're now in 2010. If Axl really was on the Internet persistently, he wouldn't have had to be told about the speculation Madison was creating right here. What's wrong with staying in and watching television? I personally prefer the comfort of my own home as well. He has the luxury within the confinements of his home, why go elsewhere for less?

The former Guns members would love to be reunited and touring with him, but they do not want to pay 200 $ 000 next time he starts a riot somewhere because he did not turn up.

Should Axl give up all his aspirations with the current incarnation to facilitate the wishes of somewhat has beens? I do believe Axl has a perfect attendance record to date on this tour, so there is yet another false notion developed by Mick Wall.

I predict a sad end to this saga.

What's with all the doom and gloom? The band are ripping it up on tour at present, and the general media conception of Axl is very positive. My regard for the predictions of Mick Wall could not be any less, this phrase is merely the departing note of a very bitter man.

"He is dead".

This is an extremely scandalous statement. Sorry Mick, but it's the eighties that are dead, Axl's just adapted to the times, you sadly haven't. Who is Mick Wall to the modern day music scene anyway? He would be of more use as Grant Mitchell double in Eastenders.

Edited by RodgerRamjet