Swedish Magazine Slams Axl

maper74

“No. Axl is a little guy with the stick thin arms”.

His arms didn't look too “stick” like when he smashed that photograper up with one blistering punch, obviously Mick Wall didn't watch that video.

“But Axl always pulled away”.

Is that why he went searching for that photograper harassing Beta? Is that why he bit a security guard back in 2006? Is that why he went looking for Kurt Cobain to specifically fight him?

“He has no friends other than his half brother.”

Is that why “DJ” Ashba is on paper for calling Axl a “best friend” of his? Is that why he struck an instant friendship with Scarlett Johansson? Is that why he's been spotted going into New York cinemas with notable music and film industry figures?

“When he's not touring, he is in his house, watching television or surfing around online and see if anyone has written anything about him.”

“I used to go on the Internet”, Axl is quoted at having said in 2002, we're now in 2010. If Axl really was on the Internet persistently, he wouldn't have had to be told about the speculation “Madison” was creating right here. What's wrong with staying in and watching television? I personally prefer the comfort of my own home as well. He has the luxury within the confinements of his home, why go elsewhere for less?

“The former Guns members would love to be reunited and touring with him, but they do not want to pay 200 $ 000 next time he starts a riot somewhere because he did not turn up”.

Should Axl give up all his aspirations with the current incarnation to facilitate the wishes of somewhat has beens? I do believe Axl has a perfect attendance record to date on this tour, so there is yet another false notion developed by Mick Wall.

“I predict a sad end to this saga.”

What's with all the doom and gloom? The band are ripping it up on tour at present, and the general media conception of Axl is very positive. My regard for the predictions of Mick Wall could not be any less, this phrase is merely the departing note of a very bitter man.

"He is dead".

This is an extremely scandalous statement. Sorry Mick, but it's the eighties that are dead, Axl's just adapted to the times, you sadly haven't. Who is Mick Wall to the modern day music scene anyway? He would be of more use as Grant Mitchell double in “Eastenders”.

You do know Mick isn't here and can't see that.....right?

His arms didn't look too “stick” like when he smashed that photograper up with one blistering punch, obviously Mick Wall didn't watch that video.

Is that why he went searching for that photograper harassing Beta? Is that why he bit a security guard back in 2006? Is that why he went looking for Kurt Cobain to specifically fight him?

Is that why “DJ” Ashba is on paper for calling Axl a “best friend” of his? Is that why he struck an instant friendship with Scarlett Johansson? Is that why he's been spotted going into New York cinemas with notable music and film industry figures?

“When he's not touring, he is in his house, watching television or surfing around online and see if anyone has written anything about him.”

“I used to go on the Internet”, Axl is quoted at having said in 2002, we're now in 2010. If Axl really was on the Internet persistently, he wouldn't have had to be told about the speculation “Madison” was creating right here. What's wrong with staying in and watching television? I personally prefer the comfort of my own home as well. He has the luxury within the confinements of his home, why go elsewhere for less?

“The former Guns members would love to be reunited and touring with him, but they do not want to pay 200 $ 000 next time he starts a riot somewhere because he did not turn up”.

Should Axl give up all his aspirations with the current incarnation to facilitate the wishes of somewhat has beens? I do believe Axl has a perfect attendance record to date on this tour, so there is yet another false notion developed by Mick Wall.

What's with all the doom and gloom? The band are ripping it up on tour at present, and the general media conception of Axl is very positive. My regard for the predictions of Mick Wall could not be any less, this phrase is merely the departing note of a very bitter man.

"He is dead".

This is an extremely scandalous statement. Sorry Mick, but it's the eighties that are dead, Axl's just adapted to the times, you sadly haven't. Who is Mick Wall to the modern day music scene anyway? He would be of more use as Grant Mitchell double in “Eastenders”.

actually, mick has been a member of this forum since 2004/2005

I wasn't specifying the response to any particular person, but thank-you for your concern. I'm glad however that you've furthered my point that anti-Axl/progression forumers are incapable of providing constructive and contrasting arguements. You do know that your constant trolling is very apparent?

Someone fuckin translate it.

Appetite for ...

The world has wondered for fifteen years.

Tonight I play rock and roll answer to Greta Garbo in Sweden - but the question remains:

How are you really, Axl Rose?

Mick Wall life changed in five minutes and forty seconds.

That was in 1991, and the British music journalist had just listened to Guns N 'Roses albums "Use Your Illusion II".

One of the songs was called "Get in the Ring".

- I get emails from people who were not even born when the song was recorded, who writes that they want to beat up me. I knew immediately that I was going to spend the rest of their lives to talk about that song, "says Mick Wall of Amusement blade.

Wall and a handful of other journalists had for various reasons, come in illegally with Axl Rose. Now threatened the singer in the world's greatest rock band with a rod and urged them to "suck my fucking dick" in a song that would be heard by millions of fans. Nearly twenty years later become the now 52-year-old Mick Wall is still reminded of it.

- God, yes. You could see all the websites that has made fans of "Get in the Ring". People still want to talk to me about it. On my tombstone it will say "Mick Wall - Get in the Ring, Motherfucker," he says and laughs.

"Nobody FIGHT"

Do you ever feel threatened?

- No. Axl is a little guy with the stick thin arms, he is no fight. When the song came out I said to his people that i could emerge at any time if he wanted to talk. The others named in the song has done similar things, and Vince Neil - Axl has also threatened with a rod - offered to come to the record company and make up. But Axl always pulled away.

In the years since then, the charismatic front man continued to pull back - from the old band members, friends, girlfriends, managers and journalists. William Axl Rose, 48, is a puzzle that never seem to get a response.

Is he crazy? A misunderstood genius?

And what did he do much in those fifteen years between GN'R's second last album ("The Spaghetti Incident, 1993) and their latest (" Chinese Democracy ", 2008)?

Is it true he burned 72 000 dollars (600 000 dollars) for an exorcism? That he tried regression therapy and began to remember past lives as an Indian? Is it true that he consulted a female guru named "Yoda" on absolutely everything? That she studied photographs of people who applied for a job with him, and sorted out those who had "bad karma"? The Yoda told Axl that one of his personal staff had tried to assassinate him in 50 000 past lives, then Axl gave the assistant park?

"Rock Jackson"

Mick Wall - who has written the book "WAR - the unauthorized biography of Willam Axl Rose" and could be a PhD in Axl-science - does not hesitate with the answer.

- All right. And reality was, and still is, much, much worse than that. He is the weirdest rock star in the world today. We're talking rock Michael Jackson here, or the last days of Elvis Presley's life. Axl is not just a crazy rock star, he is a man with deep emotional problems.

The Axl live today?

- He has no friends other than his half brother. They spend time with him are people who work for him. When he's not touring, he is in his house, watching television or surfing around online and see if anyone has written anything about him. He sleeps during the day and are awake at night. He has made himself an enemy to all old friends, including all of the old band. I just talked with Izzy (Stradlin ', the guitarist for GN'R 1985-1992) who said that Axl usually call him sometimes and say things like "you said something to me in 1996 that I can not forgive you for." Izzy hear the sound of rustling paper in the background, as if Axl has written up all the little notes to remember it. I mean, who are like that? It's crazy!

The fact remains.

A band called Guns N 'Roses will enter the stage in Blekinge Norje tonight and invite the audience on the classic Guns N' Roses songs like "Welcome to the Jungle", "Mr.. Brownstone "and" Paradise City ".

- But you will see is not Guns N 'Roses, there is no Axl Rose and he pays to play with him. The former Guns members would love to be reunited and touring with him, but they do not want to pay 200 $ 000 next time he starts a riot somewhere because he did not turn up. It's very sad it all. I predict a sad end to this saga.

"He is dead"

You mean that he will die prematurely?

Mick Wall is quiet in the handset. Then he sighs and says:

- I think he is dead. He has turned their lives back.

/translation courtesy of Google

I wasn't specifying the response to any particular person, but thank-you for your concern. I'm glad however that you've furthered my point that anti-Axl/progression forumers are incapable of providing constructive and contrasting arguements. You do know that your constant trolling is very apparent?

Just thought it was odd that you wrote responses to a person who will never see them.

i'm not kidding. you don't want to read this. i just read it, and i want to blow wall's head off... pure bullshit :anger:

If an article about people you don't know gets you this fired up, you should never leave your house. Chill out.

Personally I never took ‘Get in the Ring’ all that seriously. I always viewed it like cartoon violence, a lead singer having a bitch about those bitching about them (Guns N‘Roses), one media vs. another. As a song its filler.

i'm not kidding. you don't want to read this. i just read it, and i want to blow wall's head off... pure bullshit :anger:

If an article about people you don't know gets you this fired up, you should never leave your house. Chill out.

You'd be shocked if you knew how many Jarmo Jrs are actually out there. I think that's part of the reason why Axl's such a recluse. He has some truly obsessive stal....er...fans.

Edited by Nintari

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

"I just talked with Izzy (Stradlin ', the guitarist for GN'R 1985-1992) who said that Axl usually call him sometimes and say things like "you said something to me in 1996 that I can not forgive you for." Izzy hear the sound of rustling paper in the background, as if Axl has written up all the little notes to remember it. I mean, who are like that? It's crazy!"

Laughing hard

Same here. That was the best part of it!

"I just talked with Izzy (Stradlin ', the guitarist for GN'R 1985-1992) who said that Axl usually call him sometimes and say things like "you said something to me in 1996 that I can not forgive you for." Izzy hear the sound of rustling paper in the background, as if Axl has written up all the little notes to remember it. I mean, who are like that? It's crazy!"

Laughing hard

Didn't the Rollingstone article way back early the early part of the decade, say something like this aswell?

Laughing hard

That's some funny sh-t :D

You thought they’d make me behave and submit

What were you thinking

‘Cause I don’t forget' - Axl

I just talked with Izzy (Stradlin ', the guitarist for GN'R 1985-1992) who said that Axl usually call him sometimes and say things like "you said something to me in 1996 that I can not forgive you for." Izzy hear the sound of rustling paper in the background, as if Axl has written up all the little notes to remember it. I mean, who are like that? It's crazy!

"Just talked"?

Wasn't that from an interview Izzy did in like 2002 or something?

u r so upset for hearing the truth! ...sorry but there's nothing this forum can do about it :rolleyes:

MIck Wall talked to Axl 20 years ago, everything he talks about is either as a music critic or through mutual friends.

Axl lives in an area where the paparazzi stalk parking lots of the grocery stores, but he manages to evade them, yet prob. able to have a normal day to day life, but have way cooler friends and neighbors to have backyard barbecues with, but I wouldn't be surprised if he just takes off on trails, rock climbing, surfs, paints, etc. And somehow he is meeting chicks as a "recluse"?

What's the sad end to this saga? The album is out, he's on tour, he knows the album could've been promoted better, but he's working his ass off making a good show for us all.

People like Mick Wall want Axl to fail. But he's still a huge fan, and wants to see him do well, too. But it bothers me that he comes across as this expert of Axl where Del James is actually the one guy I would say is the guy Axl will go to if and when he writes about his life.

Axl is an artist. He will keep creating something new as long as possible, and use the old songs as a way to get people to check the new stuff out.

Mick Wall writes about a life he WISHES he could be living. I think he's taken a page from the Lester Bangs school of journalism, that what Lou Reed was to Lester, Axl is to Wall. It's a borderlining on obsessive love,and Wall is like the hurt girlfriend.

"He is dead".