A few small facts about CD that some of you may not know

Black Sabbath

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be dicks. Black Sabbath's word is good enough for me.

Not for Me,but I've been drinking Tiger Blood ;)

Salesclerks with inside info? doubt it,those places have a high turnover rate,according to the business page of my local paper.

get a job you hobo

After talking with one of the head Media guys at work (Best Buy), I found out a few little things that I didn't know about CD and the release. Here are a few:

- The exclusive deal was in talks long before we heard any rumors about it

- The reason the 2 other copies didn't come out was because after the exclusive deal was signed, Axl and Gn'R wanted more money for the different/extra copies and BB said "No."

- The CD and Vinyl copies of Chinese Democracy are $1.99 at Best Buy. Not 'ON SALE'. Just $1.99 now

- The deal was signed for CD and any subsequent albums, so, Best Buy has first grabs at any future Gn'R albums

That's all I can remember right now, but I don't think there was any more. If anything else pops in my head, I'll post it. But, there ya go.

Cool info, thanks.... and cool avatar. Trent Reznor hijacking Limp Bizkit's 2009 tour?

Oh I see, so because you're a "sales associate" at Best Buy, that makes you credible, is that the case Black Sabbath?

I also love the bit about "one of my good friends from work who has been there [blah blah blah]." That was just priceless.

It's good to know that minimum wage sales clerks are privvy to such detailed information about business contracts.

Best Buy, the store where their "geek squad" is told to charge customers exorbitant fees for data recovery if the customer says the data is super valuable and irreplaceable. Yup, that's right, variable pricing depending on how freaked out you are that your harddrive crashed. Guess who I heard that from? My friend that works there. Except in this case that's verifiable from any scam artist (i mean "employee") of geek squad.

"The Geek Squad insiders" must be a super-secret assembly like the Illuminati, I wonder if the cleaning crew is privvy to this

"super secret information? If they are initiated into the "Best buy secret society, wonder if they have "decoder rings" I find this entire post highly improbable,thanks for the laugh!

not sure what the geek squad has to do with the topic

the same people who whine like little girls when Slash is mentioned to derail discussion of the op

what was it that made the defense mechanism go into high gear?

talks started long before it was announced? future albums will be exclusive to bb?

or Axl wanted more $$$ for the different cds and it now costs less to purchase than a large cup of coffee?

i wonder..................

Oh I see, so because you're a "sales associate" at Best Buy, that makes you credible, is that the case Black Sabbath?

I also love the bit about "one of my good friends from work who has been there [blah blah blah]." That was just priceless.

It's good to know that minimum wage sales clerks are privvy to such detailed information about business contracts.

Best Buy, the store where their "geek squad" is told to charge customers exorbitant fees for data recovery if the customer says the data is super valuable and irreplaceable. Yup, that's right, variable pricing depending on how freaked out you are that your harddrive crashed. Guess who I heard that from? My friend that works there. Except in this case that's verifiable from any scam artist (i mean "employee") of geek squad.

"The Geek Squad insiders" must be a super-secret assembly like the Illuminati, I wonder if the cleaning crew is privvy to this

"super secret information? If they are initiated into the "Best buy secret society, wonder if they have "decoder rings" I find this entire post highly improbable,thanks for the laugh!

not sure what the geek squad has to do with the topic

the same people who whine like little girls when Slash is mentioned to derail discussion of the op

what was it that made the defense mechanism go into high gear?

talks started long before it was announced? future albums will be exclusive to bb?

or Axl wanted more $$$ for the different cds and it now costs less to purchase than a large cup of coffee?

i wonder..................

Talk about hitting the nail on the head.

You're being a total prick because(gasp!) BS may be a sales associate at Best Buy? Maybe he's early in his career or picking up some extra bucks--either way you sound like a class A douche.

Nothing he said was unflattering about GNR, it's how business is done these days. Don't know if it's all true, but on the face of it, sounds very believable...

Sorry I let my hatred of geek squad get in the way. I apologize to Black Sabbath, although in more polite terms, I'd like to see some more corroborating evidence.

I mean, I'm sorry. I was half-drunk yesterday. Carry on carry on.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Were the people operating business related affairs in 2008 capable of compromising a deal over money? I would say yes. There is a possibility however this "well informed employee" is part II of that Rock Band jabroni (ala "I've heard "Chinese Democracy" will be in four parts but I really don't know shit").

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

I never had that Soprano's set up in my Best Buy.

No one cares that you work at Best Buy.

You really havent followed my posts have you?

nope of course he hasn't. It all about trolling for these four: Mindsaber, Trilogy, Lucrecia, Volcano.

Edited by SunnyDRE

nope of course he hasn't. It all about trolling for these three: Mindsaber, Trilogy, Lucrecia, Volcano.

Hope you get banned again cupcake

never been banned, fellow cupcake. And really c'mon Volcano would you really want me banned? that kinda hurts my feelings.

I thought we had kinda had a love hate relationship/mutual respect thing going on. If me and Moreblack left..you'd have no fun.

Edited by SunnyDRE

nope of course he hasn't. It all about trolling for these three: Mindsaber, Trilogy, Lucrecia, Volcano.

never been banned, fellow cupcake.

While I dont stand on the same side of the fence GNR side. Sunny brings way too much to Mygnr for him to be banned.

never been banned, fellow cupcake. And really c'mon Volcano would you really want me banned? that kinda hurts my feelings.

I thought we had kinda had a love hate relationship/mutual respect thing going on. If me and Moreblack left..you'd have no fun.

You have a point...this place needs good and evil to keep things balanced!

So that makes you the evil one?