Regional, National and Cultural Identity!

Dazey

My grandparents are immigrants to Canada.

Two are from England,one is from Wales and one is from Ireland.

I grew up in the "colonies" and sang God Save The Queen and Oh Canada in school.

Canada has independence now,but definitely feel ties.

I don't know. America is ok.

If they ban football though or censor the Internet that may be the straw that broke the camel's back.

i dont know about banning football or whatnot but they are definitely in the NFL fucking with the game wayyy to much and turning it into an outside arena football game with 100 yard fields instead of 50

thats why i like college football a little more due to the atmosphere and the bitterness between schools. nothing better going to the swamp in gainesville to see the gators play FSU, LSU or tennessee

the censoring the internet thing is gettiing way out of hand governments on a power trip with that shit

Edited by bran

I grew up in the "colonies" and sang God Save The Queen and Oh Canada in school.

Where abouts in England and Ireland where they from? Doesn't matter about Wales cos it's all the same and they were probably ran out of the country for worrying local livestock! :lol:

Where abouts in England and Ireland where they from? Doesn't matter about Wales cos it's all the same and they were probably ran out of the country for worrying local livestock! :lol:

erm...I'll have to ask my sister,she knows more of that stuff.

One thing I do know is the British grandparents drank like fucking fishes. :lol:

One thing I do know is the British grandparents drank like fucking fishes. :lol:

Not surprised! I'm sitting here with a beer at 3:30am. Oh and unless the Irish one was from the south you basically mean all of em! :lol:

Not surprised! I'm sitting here with a beer at 3:30am. Oh and unless the Irish one was from the south you basically mean all of em! :lol:

one thing i was wondering you might or might not be able to answer this but is american football big at all in england? i know the nfl has been sending nfl teams over their for the last couple years trying to make it a worldwide game i always wondered if it was attracting anybody?

Edited by bran

one thing i was wondering you might or might not be able to answer this but is american football big at all in england? i know the nfl has been sending nfl teams over their for the last couple years trying to make it a worldwide game i always wondered if it was attracting anybody?

I can only speak for the UK in saying it's pretty much none existent which is a shame cos Id personally love to see a live NFL game and I'm planning on it when I get back to the US in a couple months. :)

I can only speak for the UK in saying it's pretty much none existent which is a shame cos Id personally love to see a live NFL game and I'm planning on it when I get back to the US in a couple months. :)

that kinda sucks there were reports a while back that the NFL wanted to put a pro team in england, was hoping the sport was growing. soccer is growing here in the us i see alot more soccer fans than there used to be especially here in new england

Not surprised! I'm sitting here with a beer at 3:30am.

Same. :tongue2: 11pm here

If it's not, I say we strike a deal with the UK...

We'll stop sending our football teams over trying to convert you if you stop sending your football teams over trying to convert us.

I'd rather we sent all our football teams over to you along with their fucking stupid, thick cunt trophy wives so you could use them all as target practice at the next NRA convention!

If it's not, I say we strike a deal with the UK...

We'll stop sending our football teams over trying to convert you if you stop sending your football teams over trying to convert us.

I'd rather we sent all our football teams over to you along with their fucking stupid, thick cunt trophy wives so you could use them all as target practice at the next NRA convention!

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Really? I think most heavy metal from Sweden and Norway sucks. We're damn good and death and black metal though!

sweden and norway kicks ass for metal 2/3 of my pics on the forum are from sweden ( bathory and candlemass)

Guest Len B'stard

I don't consider myself part of nothing, i'm the child of immigrants, i don't belong back over there, i been there, they make it very clear that i ain't from there, don't understand what it is to be from there and just ain't the proper article. Fair enough. I was born and raised and bred in England but, quite frankly, i don't kid myself into thinking this is like...i mean it is my fucking country i was born here but, y'know, i don't kid myself into thinking that i'm realllllyyyyyyy wanted here or belong here either, that too has been made clear to me many-a time too :lol:

So i don't belong to none of these places and i been told as much "well yes, you were born here but you're not really english, are you?" Fair enough :lol:

I feel English the most, i have the most affection and the most love for and i stick up for and jump to the defence of England cuz, well, it's all i've known and i'm a great one for like, loyalty. The way i see it is the country you are raised and grow up a part of, you drink the water of the land, you eat of it's fruits, which to me means that that country is the reason you grow to be who you are and to then be disloyal or attacking of it aimlessly is kinda cheap to my mind.

But i ain't English and if expierience is anything to go by, if the lines were ever drawn i'd find out exactly how English i'm considered and no fuckin' mistake.

But yeah, i dunno, i guess i don't feel i have a nationality :shrugs: And i ain't about to go chasin' after nothing like "oooh, please accept me" and all that fuckin shite, fuck it, i am what i am. There are times where, in the recesses of my mind i sometimes think why do you even identify yourself as British, there's something so fuckin crawley about it cuz, y'know, there are entire cross-sections of the population that think i ain't and say i ain't and think i should fuck off (racially speaking) where i came from so whats the point going around identifying yourself when asked as "british", it's just pathetic.

But fuck it, it's just the days and times of our lives, the world was a different place 30 years ago and it'll be different in 30 years time. And it's not like i live a hard life or something, it's just like...a thing in your head innit, identity i mean, it's just ideas people have.

But i ain't English and if expierience is anything to go by, if the lines were ever drawn i'd find out exactly how English i'm considered and no fuckin' mistake.

Hahahaha! You're the most "English" cunt I fuckin' know! :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Hahahaha! You're the most "English" cunt I fuckin' know! :lol:

I ain't really though, am i, honestly? I can be born where i like and sound as English as you like but...OK, example, your sister turns up holding hands with me one day saying we're getting married or what have you, hand on fuckin heart now, would your people have it? I don't reckon they would, i don't reckon most white English families would and it works the other way round too. I mean don't get me wrong, i don't mean they'd batter me, drag me outside by my hair and tie me to a barrel and roll it down a hill i just mean...they just wouldn't be comfortable with it, like your parents and aunts and uncles and grandparents or whatever.

So, y'know, all the bits of paper can say what they fuckin like but life don't happen on paper, in happens in homes and on the streets and in cars and bars and pubs and fuckin bus-stops and...etc.

I ain't really though, am i, honestly? I can be born where i like and sound as English as you like but...OK, example, your sister turns up holding hands with me one day saying we're getting married or what have you, hand on fuckin heart now, would your people have it?

Of course not but that's cos you're a cunt, it's got nothing to do with you having a bit of a tan! :lol: Seriously though it wouldn't bother me in the slightest and I don't think my family would give a toss either. We've got a lot of cricketers in the family so their all used to knocking around with your lot! :P

Guest Len B'stard
Of course not but that's cos you're a cunt, it's got nothing to do with you having a bit of a tan!

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol: response of the century :lol: