Is Axl like a latter-day Mike Tyson at this point in his career?

Randy Lahey

Is Axl like a latter-day Mike Tyson at this point in his career? He's doing shows for the money, but he's not looking to be a contender no more. Axl really reminds me of Iron Mike at the end of his career. He still has the punching power; He's still a bit wild; He's still entertaining, but the fire is gone. Axl's no longer got the it's me against the world mentality that he started out with on the long road to Chinese Democracy.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Is Axl like a latter-day Mike Tyson at this point in his career? He's doing shows for the money, but he's not looking be a contender no more. Axl really reminds me of Iron Mike at the end of his career. He still has the punching power; He's still a bit wild; He's still entertaining, but the fire is gone. Axl's no longer got the it's me against the world mentality that he started out with on the long road to Chinese Democracy.

Did you not post the same subject recently?

Edited by Mysteron

Is Axl like a latter-day Mike Tyson at this point in his career? He's doing shows for the money, but he's not looking be a contender no more. Axl really reminds me of Iron Mike at the end of his career. He still has the punching power; He's still a bit wild; He's still entertaining, but the fire is gone. Axl's no longer got the it's me against the world mentality that he started out with on the long road to Chinese Democracy.

Hard to say.

Is Axl like a latter-day Mike Tyson at this point in his career? He's doing shows for the money, but he's not looking to be a contender no more. Axl really reminds me of Iron Mike at the end of his career. He still has the punching power; He's still a bit wild; He's still entertaining, but the fire is gone. Axl's no longer got the it's me against the world mentality that he started out with on the long road to Chinese Democracy.

robin finck ROCKS patience

Hard to say.

Are you a fan of Mike Tyson? You never find people that like Mike Tyson nowadays.

I have always pictured you as a My Little Pony person. If there was a comparison there, I could roll with it, I think.

Hard to say.

Are you a fan of Mike Tyson? You never find people that like Mike Tyson nowadays.

I have always pictured you as a My Little Pony person. If there was a comparison there, I could roll with it, I think.

I'm a huge Iron Mike fan. This is one of the best books ever written.

tysonbadintentions.jpg

My Little Pony was also cool, but I don't have a GNR comparison for you.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Axls fire is out.no doubt about it.

he's like any has-been,Tyson or whoever.when the musics over...

the music wouldn't be over 4 axl if axl would play unreleased chinese democracy material live, release an unreleased song like BITW on itunes 4 the summer, and announce the 2012 release date for the next chinese democracy record. if axl did this, his fire would burn brighter than ever

10 years later and this rant still address his thoughts on slash and desperate reunion fans. Crazy!

8 years later and the self proclaimed Serpico is sharing the stage with one of the supposed "Bad Cops," and playing the song (Patience) that the "bad cop" allegedly didn't even want to record in the first place.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Hard to say.

My Little Pony was also cool, but I don't have a GNR comparison for you.

I figured you were a My Little Pony fan, but you should relate one of them to Axl to keep the thread gender balanced.