Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Does anybody else think that Marc Canter could be guy to bring Axl and Slash back together?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

BBA

BBA

DEMI-GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts
  • 01-June 07
Does anybody else think that Marc Canter could be guy to bring Axl and Slash back together?

Seriously, Marc. You should try to make reuniting the two your goal. Sure, you may have to use some underhanded tactics to set up an initial meeting, but think about the potential payoff. I'm in if you need any help.

Is anyone else with me on this?

izzydoezit

izzydoezit

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts
  • 12-April 12
I asked him the same question a week or so ago, and he said he tried, and there's not much he can do. He has abandoned any ideas for that probably.

Roush

Roush

GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts
  • 11-May 11
Guns 'N' Roses will go down in history as the biggest band that never reunited. All because of Axl's resistance. That makes GN'R's legacy all the more intriguing.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
- C.S. Lewis

#free_diceman

BBA

BBA

DEMI-GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts
  • 01-June 07
It would be no different than setting up an intervention for one that you love. They might be pissed initially, but eventually they'll probably thank you.

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*
  • Guests
  • --
I've been thinking about this as well. I'd love if it happened. I think that if Axl and Slash just met they'd talk and then who knows what could happen? Maybe it would be the same reaction as when Axl met Duff. They'd just hug and Axl would be more happy at the next concert than he had been in years and it might eventually lead to the reunion we all want.

Randy Lahey

Randy Lahey

FRONTMAN

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,646 posts
  • 29-June 06
That would be awesome, but I don't think Axl is taking Marc's calls anymore. It would have to be Izzy.
Posted Image
Welcome To The Jungle of Smooth Flamenco Beatz
Dre Day will make Axl's payday.

ShadowOfTheWave

ShadowOfTheWave

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • 15-March 10
But Axl is mad at Marc because of the book now, so Marc is on Axl's enemy list as well.

BTW, Marc setting up a meet with both of them without knowing the other one will be there would be a really shitty thing for a friend to do. It is absolutely not comparable to drug use or whatever you are trying to compare it to.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave, 01 December 2012 - 06:25 PM.

Roush

Roush

GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts
  • 11-May 11
BBA, you overlooked the biggest obstacle. Axl Rose is insane.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
- C.S. Lewis

#free_diceman

bumblecool

bumblecool

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts
  • 05-October 10

we all want.

not even close.

18DjRvA.jpg

ShadowOfTheWave

ShadowOfTheWave

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • 15-March 10
Also, a setup would make Axl pissed at Marc, and he would always believe Slash was in on it. So that would just make the situation worse. I get that Axl and Slash running into each other would probably be good for both of them, but it just wouldn't work this way.

Mysteron

Mysteron

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • 23-October 03
He has his own section here, you dafty

Raykugen

Raykugen

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • 27-September 12
Why Slash don't go again to Axl's house and does what one day he wanted to do but he couldn't?

I cannot answer the question concerning why GNR sites are lacking promotion. That would be a question for their genius manager.... let's leave it at that.

30i95qf.png

GNR123GNR456

GNR123GNR456

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,106 posts
  • 02-May 09
I have a feeling, for some reason, if Axl and Slash were able to sit down and talk, it wouldn't be as crazy as people think.

If Axl can get back with Duff by just running into him in a hotel, I don't think a meeting with Slash would be any different. In fact, I think it would be a really good thing. He hasn't talked to Slash in 20 years. Maybe if he was able to talk to Slash again it would help him not be bitter and angry inside at Slash anymore. And it'll be very good for the fans as well.

I'm not saying a full blown reunion of the old line-up, because I don't think that would last a full tour. But, if Slash could play with today's GNR for a song or two, or hell if Axl and Slash could write a single together, it'll make everybody happier.

Posted Image

Raykugen

Raykugen

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • 27-September 12
Also there is no need to that, he is not in the band, they could talk as two mature persons and forgot their differences like with Izzy or Duff
Also, I always wondered what thinks Gilby about Axl/Axl about Gilby, and Matt about Axl/Axl about Matt nowadays

I cannot answer the question concerning why GNR sites are lacking promotion. That would be a question for their genius manager.... let's leave it at that.

30i95qf.png

Gunzen

Gunzen

OH MY GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • 20-October 06
Posted Image
SIGNATURE EDITED: PLEASE CHECK SIGNATURE GUIDELINES: http://www.mygnrforu...?showtopic=9592
***TWO LINES OF TEXT MAXIMUM***

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users