Can someone help me pick out a dress?

Guest bellastar2355

Why is it only the girls on here that decide that it looks slutty/trashy etc? For god sake, you're more judgemental than men sometimes.

They're all vile to be honest. :shrugs:

Ahem! :)

I like the dresses I picked, fuck you.

:shocked: Aaron please tell me I've read that wrong and you're not the OP? :lol: Velvet Girl mk2? :lol:

Guest bellastar2355

Thanks everyone for your honest opinion. I think it's down to C or D, but D is most likely my choice. And no, I'm not just gonna wear it like that, I tend to dress it down If I think it's too much. And my figure is a bit more like the girl wearing dress E. (I'm not sure it it's the same girl as the one in D to be honest lol)

Yep, I'm pretty lost with this. According to some posters here, these dresses are slutty while if you sleep with all the guys you want the first night you meet them that's not slutty. :question:

Yea, I'm a little confused about that too... so it's okay to act like a "slut", just don't dress like one? :question:

Edited by bellastar2355

Yep, I'm pretty lost with this. According to some posters here, these dresses are slutty while if you sleep with all the guys you want the first night you meet them that's not slutty. :question:

I get a pretty good feeling this comment is directed at me (not that you'd ever admit to that). :lol:

The irony of your comment is that the one person I slept with straight away I've been with for the last 19 years (you probably were only just out of kindergarten when we first fucked :lol:) and it's been him and only him since then, so I could hardly be called a slut. :shrugs:

And on topic, there's nothing wrong with dressing one way (slutty) and acting another (sweet and respectable) as long as the person in the slutty dress understands what kind of reaction she's likely to provoke with the slut dress. Dressing in a particular way sends out pretty strong messages. It doesn't mean that it's right, or fair, but people will always be judged or 'summed up' by what they are wearing. It's human nature to do that and to make an assessment about someone when you haven't yet had the chance to speak to them or get to know them. It's naive and quite frankly stupid to go out in a slutty dress without being prepared for the kind of reaction that will provoke.

I'm always incredibly dubious about a company who's name suggests an admirable attribute vs. their ability to actually deliver on that attribute. For instance, Quality Inn or Quality Hotel will most likely not be delivering the kind of 'quality' standards that perhaps Claridges, the Ritz or The Waldorf will deliver.

And so I come to sexydresses.com. Sorry, but a quick glance at their website confirmed my suspicions about the dresses not really being very 'sexy'. Wow, they're cheap though! The most expensive dress was $64.95, with some as low as $19.95. 'Cheap' I think is the operative word here.

dress5.jpg

Although I think I prefer A out of all of them. But if you're between C and D, pick C. ^

The model's gorgeous but am I the only person here who thinks that her dress is about three sizes too small? She's got a great figure but that actually makes her look fat. :shrugs:

dress5.jpg

Although I think I prefer A out of all of them. But if you're between C and D, pick C. ^

The model's gorgeous but am I the only person here who thinks that her dress is about three sizes too small? She's got a great figure but that actually makes her look fat. :shrugs:

THANK YOU!

I'd be fired if I sent a girl away with a dress fitting like that! :rolleyes:

dress5.jpg

I agree 100%, and especially when you have a very unforgiving fabric like satin.

You can have the best figure in the world, but you're gonna look wretched if you're squeezed into clothes that are too small.

Red, for someone who works in a business that's meant to help women feel beautiful, you sure are judgemental towards those of us not built like supermodels (ie. the vast majority).

Oh, and big =/= fat.

For example, I have what you'd probably call 'big' thighs, but they don't jiggle and you can easily see a lot of muscle definition, not what I'd define as 'fat'.

Absolutely no offence intended, and I make it my job to make every woman that comes into my fitting room feel like a million dollars. I always tell my customers not to lose weight. 'Let the dress do all the work, god knows you're paying enough' is what I tell them. I can't stand to see these women at the most special time of their lives punishing themselves.

On the other hand, a bottom is predominantly fat. There is muscle there but a woman with a high percentage of muscle will not generally have their bottom as the biggest part of their body. She will most likely have bigger thighs (as you described) as that is where the majority of active muscle is located. Muscle will also have a real definition to it. A big bottom and thighs (comprising mostly of fat) in a satin dress does not look the same as a solid and muscly equivalent. There's so many more bulges in the wrong places.

And BTW, supermodel measurements are a fallacy. Supermodels are mega tall and their measurements are bigger than most people think. It's just because of their proportions that people think they are 'tiny'. Most women are in fact bigger and rounded, some or thin and bony and some are muscly and defined. We come in ALL shapes and sizes and all have great attributes and things we want to hide. It's about disguising the crap things that we don't like. That girl in the sexy dresses ad was not doing herself any favours in a tight satin dress.

Guest bellastar2355

WTF?! lol... didn't this was going to be the response. But let me say this:

1. I don't know if it's where you guys are from, but where I'm from these dresses are down right tame lol.

2. As I said before, I always like to tone down a dress and accessorize. I'm not gonna walk around with my breasts in my face

3. I work full time, go to the gym, rinse and repeat. What's wrong with wanting to go out and looking nice? Suddenly I'm getting raped? I've been parting for a long time. I always use precaution when I go out. It doesn't mean that it won't happen, but it can happen to me when I'm leaving work.

4. If you don't like my taste, that's cool. I love honestly.

4. This one is especially for Red, sorry that I can't afford really expensive dresses. I would LOVE to but I can't. I have to pay bills, rent and my moms sick so I'm helping her out too. I'm not gonna spend over a hundred dollars for a dress I might not ever wear again. I just want to look good, feel good, have fun and call it night.

Edited by bellastar2355

I'll agree with you on the last point Bella, and I will say this: price does not always equate to style. I've seen some lovely dresses for less than £30, and some hideous designer ones. Just because the site sells inexpensive dresses, doesn't mean they're all nasty.

Edited by Axls Rocket Queen