Can someone help me pick out a dress?

Guest bellastar2355

And it's not nice to judge a person just for their looks. A dress is just an object, attitude/acts on the other hand...

Errrr, said the DRESS was rank and it is. Don't recall passing comment on the contents. :shrugs:

I wasn't meaning specifically you. I mean in general. Saying that a dress is slutty is judging the person who is wearing that dress. And if you say not, them you're fooling yourself. :shrugs: What happens is that we are a bunch of hypocrites and we don't even realize.

To be honest, that's not my style either but opinions/tastes are like asses: everybody has one. And I don't like the superiority complex that some people show.

if someones asks how much is 2+2 and you say 4, you're right. If you say 5, you're wrong. But talking about tastes, no one is right or wrong. They are different, that's it. :shrugs: If something is sexy or not depends on the person, some would say yes, some would say no.

Edited by izzygirl

Just got back from work so here goes...

Why is it only the girls on here that decide that it looks slutty/trashy etc?

Because we're the ones who'll tell it like it is. You male folk are too busy not blinking and forgetting to wipe the dribble from your chins. :rolleyes:

What a complete and utter load of bollocks. Aside from the fact that you're being sexist, I would say it's equally likely that your/a woman's view is marred by biases such as jealousy (you can't get away with a dress like that/you're too scared) than it is that a male can't think clearly because he sees an attractive women in a dress.

Why would my thinking be so obscured by the photos/post when I've never even met the girl in question, or the OP for that matter? Don't insult my intelligence to suggest something so ridiculous.

I'm always incredibly dubious about a company who's name suggests an admirable attribute vs. their ability to actually deliver on that attribute. For instance, Quality Inn or Quality Hotel will most likely not be delivering the kind of 'quality' standards that perhaps Claridges, the Ritz or The Waldorf will deliver.

And so I come to sexydresses.com. Sorry, but a quick glance at their website confirmed my suspicions about the dresses not really being very 'sexy'. Wow, they're cheap though! The most expensive dress was $64.95, with some as low as $19.95. 'Cheap' I think is the operative word here.

Wow, I'm sorry that not everybody can afford either a custom made dress, or a designer one just for a single night out. Just because you know how to sew and cut up bits of fabric doesn't entitle you to belittle every body else's fashion choices. Especially when the OP (nor anybody else) really even asked your opinion on the quality of the dresses. She asked you to pick one, not offer a critique based on the company's name and/or pricing structure.

dress5.jpg

Although I think I prefer A out of all of them. But if you're between C and D, pick C. ^

The model's gorgeous but am I the only person here who thinks that her dress is about three sizes too small? She's got a great figure but that actually makes her look fat. :shrugs:

THANK YOU!

I'd be fired if I sent a girl away with a dress fitting like that! :rolleyes:

I too thought it was a little tight, but that didn't affect my ability to make a decision on whether I liked the style or not. Again, nobody asked you to brag about how brilliant you are at your job.

You never put satin on a fat arse. *shakes head*

Thanks. Maybe you should write to the company to offer your input. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that they don't have very many models available to model their clothes. (Evident by the fact that the same girl is wearing all of the dresses).

Guest bellastar2355

Can I suggest an extra option? Same site:

015SE-128-03825-1.jpg

They also have it in coral, I think it's really cute!

Excellent choice, ARQ. All of the dresses suggested by the OP are atrocious.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

I honestly don't care about the website it's from. I just typed sexy dresses and that's the first website that came up lol...

I do really like that dress, but I really wanted to wear a crop jacket with the outfit, and if I wear a jacket or crop jacket with a shoulder dress, wouldn't that sort of ruin the effect? I don't now, I'm not any good at these things :tongue2:

Guest bellastar2355

I doubt it'd ruin the effect, and then you'd have the option of taking the jacket off if you wanted to at any point.

Okay so I read your opinions and I think I found some new dresses that would be a better choice

sexydress1.jpg

sexydress2.jpg

sexydress3.jpg

Which dress should I choose? I'm looking for classy :lol:

What shoes are you going to wear? Just curious

I doubt it'd ruin the effect, and then you'd have the option of taking the jacket off if you wanted to at any point.

Okay so I read your opinions and I think I found some new dresses that would be a better choice

sexydress1.jpg

sexydress2.jpg

sexydress3.jpg

Well...huh....sorry can't help you :lol:

Edited by MBRose

What shoes are you going to wear? Just curious

sexydress1.jpg

sexydress2.jpg

sexydress3.jpg

Well...huh....sorry can't help you :lol:

Me neither!! :lol:

(but calling them "dresses" is wrong)

@ARQ: A short dress or a long one?

:lol:

I don't know where half you people are from, but on my average night out I see girls wearing dresses that look about as trashy as the ones on this page + 100 times worse. The dresses in the original post show a little cleavage, but they're a long way from "trashy" IMO, especially compared with what I see on a Saturday night.

I don't know where half you people are from, but on my average night out I see girls wearing dresses that look about as trashy as the ones on this page + 100 times worse. The dresses in the original post show a little cleavage, but they're a long way from "trashy" IMO, especially compared with what I see on a Saturday night.

First of all, I am getting old. I am now seriously confronted with that. :lol:

Second, it's too cold here for those dresses.

it's cold here too (kinda :P) and I see those dresses all the time. It's normal nowadays, so "normal" that we don't even pay attention anymore!

Edit: The ones in the first page. The last ones aren't even dresses.

Edited by izzygirl

You'd lose your shit if you came out here then. The weather is warm and lots of girls (especially the youngest I see out now) wear next to nothing out in town. :lol: