NINE INCH NAILS Discussion Lounge // New EP: 'ADD VIOLENCE' AVAILABLE 7.21

Broskirose

Well there was a guy that was clearly recording the show near me, but I don't know how it's gonna sound considering all the audience screaming drowning out the vocals.

I wouldn't recognize any of the Ghosts stuff if he threw it in there, but like I said, I'm fairly sure he played at least the beginning of Downward Spiral...and he threw the lines "you get me closer to god" into the end of one of the other songs. Just little hints of other stuff sprinkled in through out the show.

Robin was cool. I never thought Robin LOOKED out of place in GNR, cause the 2002 lineup had that whole circus freak thing going on, but I really hated how he played the old GNR stuff live. But last night there was no doubt that THIS was the band he was meant for. Everyone looked super comfortable and in sync with each other...not just the four performers, but all the stage hands and the lighting guys and everything. From top to bottom, this is one tight crew.

And on a final note, I can also attest that despite being however old he is, and the fact that his hair is shorn into a super close buzz....Trent still has a magnificent full head of hair. No signs of balding or thinning. Axl must be jealous as shit.

EDIT.....just listened to Hand Covers Bruise on youtube....very possible that's what I thought was the Downward Spiral homage (before the screamy part)......listening to it now, I'm almost sure this is what was played before Beside You in Time. (which I already mentioned, but bears repeating, was fucking AMAZING!)

Edited by estrangedtwat

First night audio:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAVu8mMDBe0

Skipped to the Hand Covers Bruise/BYIT part. I really think that should open a show sometime...it fits organically and for some reason sounds like an awesome opening number. And I don't mean like they did in 2005 when it was used at the intro, I mean playing the full song.

Plus, it's gotta be better than Me, I'm Not to open a show :lol:

Edited by Crazyman

Night 1 also featured the live debut of Hand Covers Bruise before Beside You In Time (which was played for the first time since 2006). So the full setlist is as follows...

1. Me, I'm Not

2. Survivalism

3. Terrible Lie

4. March of the Pigs

5. Piggy

6. Sanctified

7. Disappointed

8. Came Back Haunted

9. Find My Way

10. Reptile

11. Hand Covers Bruise (Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross cover)

12. Beside You in Time

13. Copy of A

14. All Time Low

15. Gave Up

16. The Hand That Feeds

17. Only

18. Wish

19. Head Like a Hole

20. Hurt

Night 2 is where shit gets real...

1. Somewhat Damaged

2. 1,000,000

3. Letting You

4. Terrible Lie

5. March of the Pigs

6. Piggy

7. Reptile

8. The Frail

9. The Wretched

10. Vessel

11. Survivalism

12. Wish

13. 31 Ghosts IV

14. Burn

15. Gave Up

16. The Hand That Feeds

17. Head Like a Hole

18. Ice Age (with Mariqueen Maandig) (How to Destroy Angels cover)

19. BBB (with Mariqueen Maandig) (How to Destroy Angels cover)

20. Hurt

BhZwzP6IMAEDG_a.jpg

Holy shit, that is a fucking setlist. I am so happy that NIN is playing Trent/Atticus and HTDA songs now... 2014 is going to be one hell of a year...

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

While I enjoy the OST songs and especially the HTDA songs, and it's cool they got played, I'd rather see NIN songs than those.

Hopefully they're just on and off occurrences and not staples.

Kind of like Gn'R doing extra covers - They're cool and sound awesome, but most of us would rather swap them for another Gn'R song.

While I enjoy the OST songs and especially the HTDA songs, and it's cool they got played, I'd rather see NIN songs than those.

Kind of like Gn'R doing extra covers - They're cool and sound awesome, but most of us would rather swap them for another Gn'R song.

I wouldn't. Give me an all HTDA/OST set. Throw in Me I'm Not and While I'm Still Here.

Edited by Broskirose

I wouldn't. Give me an all HTDA/OST set. Throw in Me I'm Not and While I'm Still Here.

I'll go see HTDA again if I want to see a number of their songs. If Trent is talking about playing harder, more aggressive songs or whatever then he should do that.

If Trent did a Ghosts/OST tour or something like that, I'd definitely go, but I'd be a liar if I said I'd be just as excited for that than I am for seeing a regular NIN show.

If he played a Fragile/Still-heavy set with some of the OST's mixed in, I'd die happy.

I can do without the HTDA stuff, however. I like some of the songs, but I haven't really listened to them in a while.

One song from them I would actually like to hear is "The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters"