Check out This I Love with 99 Axl voice

In one of the Axl chats he mentions originally recording TIL with a hip hop drum loop, so 99 would seem to check out more so than 2010.

can you pinpoint that quote please?

Comparing vocals done on re-recorded Sweet Child for Big Daddy, the entire Live Era vocals, songs like Catcher, and more, there is NO way I can believe that the vocals for this new version of TIL were done in 1999 and not 2010.

I was listening to a rip of the pro shot Reading Festival '10 performance this morning. With all the talented fans who have made their own remixes of CD material, i'm surpised no one has tried taking the vocals from this performance and tried fitting it with the studio version.

The song needed powerful, raspy vocals and for me, this rendition proves it.

Edited by prettytiedup88

In one of the Axl chats he mentions originally recording TIL with a hip hop drum loop, so 99 would seem to check out more so than 2010.

Comparing vocals done on re-recorded Sweet Child for Big Daddy, the entire Live Era vocals, songs like Catcher, and more, there is NO way I can believe that the vocals for this new version of TIL were done in 1999 and not 2010.

Found it:

Rex: Axl, do you think This I Love is still the heaviest thing you've written, or has another song popped up that now holds that title?

Axl: That's still it and ultimately a great healing experience to compose something you have no real idea you're capable of such as the bridge. It's a lot more intricate than I think most realize yet as the guitar and vocals are placed as they should be so dominant. The main string melody in that section I had originally written to a hip-hop loop as well.

From chat #3.

Yeah, he said 'originally written to' rather than recorded with, but still. Seems like it could make this an earlier version. On the other hand, could be for the remix album.

Found it:

Rex: Axl, do you think This I Love is still the heaviest thing you've written, or has another song popped up that now holds that title?

Axl: That's still it and ultimately a great healing experience to compose something you have no real idea you're capable of such as the bridge. It's a lot more intricate than I think most realize yet as the guitar and vocals are placed as they should be so dominant. The main string melody in that section I had originally written to a hip-hop loop as well.

From chat #3.

Yeah, he said 'originally written to' rather than recorded with, but still. Seems like it could make this an earlier version. On the other hand, could be for the remix album.

thanks for the pin cite. I still firmly believe this was done for the remix album. But now I wouldn't doubt that he got the idea from the original hip-hop loop as well. Personally I can't really picture the album version, as slow and heart felt as its suppose to be, to have a hip-hop beat to it. The remix version is pretty cool though because the strings from the album version are on top of the hip-hop beat and it sounds dope

Found it:

From chat #3.

thanks for the pin cite. I still firmly believe this was done for the remix album. But now I wouldn't doubt that he got the idea from the original hip-hop loop as well. Personally I can't really picture the album version, as slow and heart felt as its suppose to be, to have a hip-hop beat to it. The remix version is pretty cool though because the strings from the album version are on top of the hip-hop beat and it sounds dope

Prove it or shut it.

Just give us a new 10-30 sec clip already. Just a different part of the song. All we ask and wouldn't hurt the Gn'R business in any way. In fact, it will keep the die-hard fans occupied until a 2015 tour and will only generate more interest. A win-win.

• Like 2

Found it:

From chat #3.

Prove it or shut it.
lol *rolls eyes* my position has been same since day 1. people know ive heard it and thats it Edited by hitmanhart408

Found it:

From chat #3.

Prove it or shut it.
lol *rolls eyes* my position has been same since day 1. people know ive heard it and thats it

So you're opting for option 2. Fair enough.