The Satanic Bible

Snake-Pit

Has anyone ever read this?

Prettiest girl in Soho was all telling me about this after we were talking about religion - It went something like; 'What if the Devil is such a liar, put here to trick man that The Devil is God and God is the Devil' - She then told me about the Satanic Bible, this band she knows got her into it and she downloaded it and was reading some of it.

She said that was in there and how it's about questioning God to which I replied

'I do that all the time' telling her I never chose to be but God created me.

Apparently that's what it's all about.

Also, how greed, jealousy and standing your ground and not taking shit off of no one were human and natural and were nothing to be ashamed of.

TBH, wow. Hmmmmmm... - Let's just say the next day I bought myself a can of Monster Energy Drink. :lol:

Did she teach you how to do magic? I want to learn how to do magic. And I don't mean like picking the card you chose, I mean like Firaga and Ultima.

thats the good shit :lol:

and yes i have read it

Edited by bran

I have, the first half of the book is very sensible and it isn't about boiling babies in cauldrons or anything like that- it's about accepting man as an animal that is no better, often worse than the other creatures on the earth.

Of all the scriptures I've read, it's philosophies are probably the most sensible- worship yourself as God, be responsible for yourself and don't feel guilt about what is natural- it doesn't encourage you to do bad things to people at all, but it does encourage you to love those who deserve it instead of the ridiculous idea of loving everybody.

Second half of the book gets into the Enochian keys, infernal names and rituals and spells- make of that what you will but the first half is recommended reading.

• Like 2

Satanism is a load of fuckin' bollocks anyway, it really is just a giant cocksuck, I mean the idea is it's like anti-God right, anti-God, anti-Christianity...when really, it's sort of defined by Christianity isn't it? I mean Lucifer is a concept from judeo-Christian doctrine, isn't he? Kind of shines an interesting light on Satanism, it positions itself as the anti-Christianity...which sort of means that it can't exist without it.

That boys and girls, is what you call wankin' in the mirror.

Satanism is a load of fuckin' bollocks anyway, it really is just a giant cocksuck, I mean the idea is it's like anti-God right, anti-God, anti-Christianity...when really, it's sort of defined by Christianity isn't it? I mean Lucifer is a concept from judeo-Christian doctrine, isn't he? Kind of shines an interesting light on Satanism, it positions itself as the anti-Christianity...which sort of means that it can't exist without it.

LaVey hams it up throughout the book, no mistake- the fact that Christianity would go out of business without the Devil is stated in it.

Honestly though, the philosophy part of the book is pretty spot on- if you edit out the SATAN bits that honestly seem tacked on to be controversial it's not a bad take on how to live your life, certainly way more direct, applicable and easier to understand than the Bible.

As Drama said, it's basically humanistic atheism- LaVey's Satan just represents mankind's destructive nature, not necessarily a big red fucker with horns, goatee and a pitchfork.

Our nice, civilised societies are "evil"- we happily support the genocide of animals and the wholesale rape of the Earth and the oceans...a Christian can go to Church on a Sunday and feel good about themselves but "the Satanist" can accept the ugly truth of what we are and be repentant to no one but themselves.

Anyways, at least half the book is a load of wank and I'm not advocating ringing the bell and shouting HAIL SATAN! at the end of each sentence but at it's core I think the book has a lot to offer to those seeking direction or validation.

When my friend/Prettiest girl Soho/Amazing human being was telling me about it and how greed and jealousy were normal, it reminded me of the time I went to Witchfest 2010 (annual international gathering of witches, in Croydon) - and that witch prayer I took part in that kick started Witchfest 2010.

It's like, praying for selfish stuff, like, praying for yourself and what you want, sort of deal @ Witchfest, which was like a huge Pagan thing - What my friend said the other night about The Satanic Bible reminded me of that.

Edited by Snake-Pit

When my friend/Prettiest girl Soho/Amazing human being was telling me about it and how greed and jealousy were normal, it reminded me of the time I went to Witchfest 2010 (annual international gathering of witches, in Croydon) - and that witch prayer I took part in that kick started Witchfest 2010.

It's like, praying for selfish stuff, like, praying for yourself and what you want, sort of deal @ Witchfest, which was like a huge Pagan thing - What my friend said the other night reminded me of that.

One of the premises of Anton LaVey's Satanism is that the seven deadly sins are all natural, inescapable human emotions- by making these crimes they already have you by the balls, you're already guilty, just by being alive.

Greed, Lust, Gluttony, Pride, Envy, Sloth and Wrath...

Just one example, what kind of idiot doesn't see his neighbour's hot wife and nice looking wife and want that for himself? Envy and Lust, essential motivating factors for people to "better" themselves.

edit: you get the idea.

Edited by DR DOOM
  • Like 1

LaVey hams it up throughout the book, no mistake- the fact that Christianity would go out of business without the Devil is stated in it.

Honestly though, the philosophy part of the book is pretty spot on- if you edit out the SATAN bits that honestly seem tacked on to be controversial it's not a bad take on how to live your life, certainly way more direct, applicable and easier to understand than the Bible.

As Drama said, it's basically humanistic atheism- LaVey's Satan just represents mankind's destructive nature, not necessarily a big red fucker with horns, goatee and a pitchfork.

Our nice, civilised societies are "evil"- we happily support the genocide of animals and the wholesale rape of the Earth and the oceans...a Christian can go to Church on a Sunday and feel good about themselves but "the Satanist" can accept the ugly truth of what we are and be repentant to no one but themselves.

Anyways, at least half the book is a load of wank and I'm not advocating ringing the bell and shouting HAIL SATAN! at the end of each sentence but at it's core I think the book has a lot to offer to those seeking direction or validation.

Oh it's definitely valuable on some level, what i was getting at was that it's a really very common philosophical proposition that the charlatan LaVey is dressing up to make it seems a lot grander and original than it all is.

It's like, praying for selfish stuff, like, praying for yourself and what you want, sort of deal @ Witchfest, which was like a huge Pagan thing - What my friend said the other night reminded me of that.

One of the premises of Anton LaVey's Satanism is that the seven deadly sins are all natural, inescapable human emotions- by making these crimes they already have you by the balls, you're already guilty, just by being alive.

Just one example, what kind of idiot doesn't see his neighbour's hot wife and nice looking wife and want that for himself? Envy and Lust, essential motivating factors for people to "better" themselves.

The problem arises however when people percieve the remedy as involving a cattleprod, a roll of duct tape and a Transit with the liscence plates switched :lol:

Prayers/Spells...

Hmmmmm...

So this book has common sense; and spells too; Everybody's happy. :)

Not really....it's pretty much the antithesis to spirituality. This version of Satanism makes man nothing more than a carnal being who lives solely for the pleasures of the flesh.

I'm starting to like this Devil guy...

He sounds alright, I mean, c'mon, these are all basic no brainers that I thought made me special and unique, turns out someone wrote a book about it and called it The Satanic Bible... Weird.

Edited by Snake-Pit

I also like exercising, reading a good book and having a beer with friends.

Well, there you go.... :lol:

I'm starting to like this Devil guy...

He sounds alright, I mean, c'mon, these are all basic no brainers that I thought made me special and unique, turns out someone wrote a book about it and called it the Satanic Bible... Weird.

It's not though. The mere fact that you enjoy donating to charitable causes and find pleasure in it, contradicts the very core of what this is insinuating.

Prayers/Spells...

Hmmmmm...

So this book has common sense; and spells too; Everybody's happy. :)

Not really....it's pretty much the antithesis to spirituality. This version of Satanism makes man nothing more than a carnal being who lives solely for the pleasures of the flesh.

I was doing such a good job of making it unappealing too :lol:

Just sounds like recycled De Sade to me.