Favorite Ozzy-Era Sabbath Album?

Cosmo

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

why is everybody talking about Rush on a Sabbath topic?

lol Rush

over rated band

i mean sabbath had a streak of 8/10 albums that are considered classic albums, thats a pretty strong run. TE and NSD to me are mediocre albums but they have some good songs on them and arent total throw aways.

The funny thing is i think NSD is even better than SBS and TE combined, contains more great riffs and guitar playing and Ozzy actually sing some great melodies and Bill's drumming were top notch (even his voice was ok)

But like i said i absolutely love all of the Ozzy Sabbath albums

Because it's fucking Rush. You may not like them, but they're one of the greatest bands ever.

Sabbath have probably on of the greatest excellent album run in history

it's a good run, but I wouldn't put it up there with the greatest.

I would, certainly.

How many bands/artists do you know what had at least a six excellent album run in which AT LEAST four at cited as among the greatest ever recorded in their genre? I can't even name many bands that had a perfect six album run like Sabbath did, in which fans discuss which are their favorite albums from debut to Sabotage without having a weak link in the middle, yet alone analyzing the quality of each of those albums, and the importance they had to music as a whole. I'm gonna try to name a few six album runs that I think can compare to Sabbath:

- The Beatles, had a bigger run from their debut to The White Album, that's an 8 straight.

- Led Zeppelin, same as Sabbath. From debut to Physical Graffiti. If you consider them better or not, it's a matter of taste. Zeppelin and Sabbath are both of immeasurable importance to rock/metal music.

- Iron Maiden, from debut to Seventh Son. A 7-album streak. Amazing. I personally don't like Piece of Mind that much but I know it's a matter of taste and the fanbase loves it.

Can't think of many others that can compare to Sabbath and those three but these are honorable mentions:

- KISS, from debut to Love Gun. Made them one of the biggest bands in the world in the late seventies.

- AC/DC from High Voltage to Back in Black. Then For Those About to Rock dropped the ball.

- Aerosmith from debut to Rocks. Four albums. Not too much but those were iconic four albums.

- Rush, from 2112 to Moving Pictures. Amazing 5 albums.

But yes, Sabbath is probably among the best, IMO.

Um, I think a band named the Rolling Stones had a pretty good run of albums in the 60's and 70's if I am not mistaken. You may have heard of them? :P

For me, the Stones "run" would be Beggar's Banquet, Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, and Exile On Main St. Satanic Majesties precedes Beggar's Banquet which is, IMO, one of their worst albums, and Goat's Head Soup follows Exile; while it's still a good album, it's not in the same league as the four before it.

• Like 1

Same could be said for any of the bands mentioned including Black Sabbath and Rush IMHO...... :shrugs:

It mainly depends on what the fanbase think of the records. What does the general Rolling Stones fanbase and, in a way, critics, consider, y'know?

Same could be said for any of the bands mentioned including Black Sabbath and Rush IMHO...... :shrugs:

It mainly depends on what the fanbase think of the records. What does the general Rolling Stones fanbase and, in a way, critics, consider, y'know?

I think fans are biased and in many cases so are critics who are nothing more than music fans who happen to be able to write well IMHO.

If you base it on critics then Black Sabbath must suck because they never got good reviews back in the day. Same with Led Zeppelin as critics hated them and many fans hated Led Zep III when it was released.

Even the Stones got shit from the critics as the Exile album got very lukewarm reviews and now 40+ years later it is considered a classic and some think it is their greatest album.

Some would say any Stones album after Exile was not as good as the core 4 but if you look at the setlists Goatshead and IORR are strong in their own rights if you don't compare them to the 4 classic albums that preceded them which were tough acts to follow.

Personally I think they had a strong run up to and includng "Some Girls", as I happen to like "Black and Blue" but again that album suffers when compared to the other stellar albums they put out in the 60's/70's.

I happen to love Rush's early albums but they lost me after the first couple but I still think they are a great band.

Like anything in music I think it is all subjective and can never be definitive as there is no way to measure "goodness". It really comes down to what you as a fan like in the end.

One mans music is another mans noise............. :shrugs:

• Like 1