Reunion Tour Speculation Thread

what if slash does these 2 shows (or more depending on if they do warmups) then goes back into the studio in May and realizes that he wants to do more SMKC stuff and to not be living in the past or anything like that.

very scared a situation like this could present itself. and the way that slash works, it doesnt seem like he would want to just play the same shit over and over again

what if slash does these 2 shows (or more depending on if they do warmups) then goes back into the studio in May and realizes that he wants to do more SMKC stuff and to not be living in the past or anything like that.

very scared a situation like this could present itself. and the way that slash works, it doesnt seem like he would want to just play the same shit over and over again

Slash is not an unreliable person. If he commits to something he will give 100%. The fact that he's going to record solo stuff indicates that this may be a one off or that nothing concrete has been finalized regarding the future of the 'regrouped' GNR.

I'm worried now because Todd said The Conspirators are busy in May

I dont see anything to worry about, recording an album perhaps will not affect Guns
That's my thinking. Slash likes to keep busy so there's no reason he can't do both. For all we know Guns will tour in late summer/fall so he's got lots of time to record with SMKC before that.

Axl doesn't like Slash to be doing side projects though. Remember what happened when Slash did Snakepit? Axl got mad as hell

20+ years ago and under much different circumstances as the post above me mentioned.

They're still the same people. They get mad at the same things and we know that Axl still likes to be in control or else we'd have a full reunion with the original 5 each owning the Guns N' Roses name.

Slash has said he planned to record the next Conspirators album in 2016 MANY times in the past few months. This is nothing new. Axl knows, and has known for a while. He has a GNR album ready to go too that, as far as we know, does not include Slash. I doubt Slash is getting in a twist about that the way you're saying Axl might about a Conspirator's album.

If this is all true, then Coachella may be a one off. Why would Slash waste time recording solo stuff when he could be putting his energy into writing/recording the greatest comeback album of all time.

It might very well be. Who knows? I do agree with Eddie Trunk when he said that Coachella is likely the only thing that's been finalized so far.

However, let's say Coachella goes great, and they get an offer to start a US stadium tour starting in, oh let's say, June. Does Slash pass on that and the MILLIONS he'd make because Todd will be miffed they had to postpone the next Conspirator's album? Not bloody likely.

Coachella will go 'great' as long as the band shows up and plays. The masses don't care about Axl's voice or weight..all they care about is, 'axl and slash are back!!!'. I have a strange feeling that Slash is doing this because he may be losing a lot of money due to his divorce, Axl is probably having financial problems and Duff wants to help them both out with his entrepreneurial skills.

I think...I don't care why any of them are doing this. I'm just glad they are, and hopefully all are game for a full tour.

Its more realistic that slash cracks an eggshell by acting like a reasonable human being and axl goes ballistic.

It's probably planned that nothing will happen in May. Hence Slash can do whatever he wants.

I suspect that they will see how these 2 dates go and make a decision after that about future dates. They probably have some provisional bookings in place for later this year which just need firming up by say the end of April.

This is a huge deal and all parties probably have concerns. To agree right from the start that they will do a huge tour is not realistic given the potential difficulties in their relationships!

By doing coachella they all get a big payoff even if it does go tits up afterwards. I would think that slash and duff would be really up for this so will be very wary of what they say in the press etc in interviews over the coming months so they don't upset his lordship! We may not hear very much from them at all!

I really hope it works out and they decide to do more extensive touring. Would love to see this lineup! Anything can happen!

• Like 1

I would anticipate part of the Coachella deal is that no future tour dates will be announced until after the performance. Or at least until well after all the tickets have been sold. I imagine Coachella wants to retain some air of exclusivity in the sense that this "may" be the one and only show the reunited Guns N' Roses plays. If the band announces a whole US/World Tour before Coachella even happens, it makes the Coachella performance a little less special.

Yes this is highly likely.

Plans for a more long term tour are probably in place but need fully confirming over the coming months.

An announcement of a major tour on the back of succeasful Coachella performances is good marketing.

The other thing to mention here regarding this only being a 1 off set of shows is that Steven and Izzy appear to not be included.

If it really was just a 1 time thing then i think they would have been involved.

Somebody else mentioned this interview so I went back and read it. Ironic that Axl said this in 2011:

Because, really, you can get guys from the "Illusion" thing, but the only thing that would make it would be Duff and Slash, really. It’s nothing against Izzy and it’s nothing against Steven, or anything like that. Steven may want it, but these guys I’m working with right now, they work really hard and it’s hard work. I’ve toured with the other guys and I’ve also seen what they’ve done since, and I just know the difficulties.

I don’t have an excitement to work with people that joined in the "Illusion" time. There’s behind the scenes that was really, really difficult there with different ones. So it’s not really even a full reunion.

I think a tour is coming. There no way it ain't. All this trouble just for two gigs when majority of the crowed will probably not be there for them. Look at ACDC. They played there last year and the crowd was dead. That was also there first concert in 5 years. The tour dates will come late this month. People are looking too far into this. It just got announced. I doubt promoters would put the time in effort into only two gigs and especially at a festival where they don't make as much money (I could be wrong on that part). Just be patient, stuff going to happen soon.

Edited by yesfan18