Marc's contribution to the new BBC documentary

6lake sa66ath

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 11:44 AM, Philcore said:

I just watched the docu and could cry. All those snippets of unreleased footage  are awesome. Unfortunately they reminded me of what is rotting in the vaults. I am talking about of Marc's footage and the UYI material as well. Its such a shame. 

I do wonder who is BBCs source of all the "new" UYI-era footage beside the well known stuff from St. Louis and the Freddie Tribute. 

It is not rotting in the vaults as Marc owns the footage you saw. He has mentioned in the past he hoped to do a fan box set of his audio/video someday. Now that the band has reunited hopefully he and Axl can mend fences and he can share his private material with us fans.......

• Like 1

23 hours ago, classicrawker said:

It is not rotting in the vaults as Marc owns the footage you saw. He has mentioned in the past he hoped to do a fan box set of his audio/video someday. Now that the band has reunited hopefully he and Axl can mend fences and he can share his private material with us fans.......

Uhm. Its not? How do you call it? All we got so far after 30 years are a few snippets. Congratulations. 

Of course I do in NO WAY blame it on Marc. All what he has done and still does for us fans is just amazing!!! I am talking of his great book, his contribution to this forum, his interviews etc. But its such a shame that Marc is not allowed to release the video footage he is able to release and obviously wants to release. 

The same goes for the UYI material. We are talking about one of the biggest tours of all time by one of the biggest rock bands of all time and all what we have got after 25 years is what we already had 25 years ago! (I am not talking about bootlegs like Noblesville)

What about the Perfect Crime movie?! And so on and so on.

Call it what you want. From my perspective all the footage is rotting in the vaults. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

For all german and french speaking fans (of course for all others as well):

German/french TV chanel Arte will show the documentary tonight (unfortunately overdubbed in german/french). Furthermore its already on Arte´s homepage:

http://concert.arte.tv/de/guns-n-roses-die-gefaehrlichste-band-der-welt

Best thing is that you can browse through Arte´s online archive and download the documentary in HD. All you need is this little programm called MediathekView 11.

http://www.chip.de/downloads/MediathekView_34031575.html

Edited by Philcore

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...