Axl Rose Vs Freddie Mercury (Versions Vs Originals)

Atrás del Mostrador

19 hours ago, DR DOOM said:

Yes indeed.

Thing is, I like GNR way more than Queen but just cause GNR is one of my favourites doesn't equate to them being the super bestest in all respects.

That's where I sit, bruh. 

Gnr is my favorite band. Axl is my favorite rock singer. And second place isn't even close in either category. 

But being a die-hard Axl fan hasn't elimated my ability to think rationally and logically on issues concerning Axl or the band. Axl isn't just automatically the answer to every question. 

I love the bands Tora Tora and Dangerous Toys. Love them. But I can also talk about them logically and admit that while they are in my top ten favorites - in the overall scheme of rock music, they are D-level at best. 

And I don't get my feelings hurt or feel personally attacked if some stranger from Ohio tells me they think Walking Shoes by Tora Tora sucks or that Dangerous Toys sucks as a band. Like people on here do on anything concerning Axl. 

But for the record.

Guys like little Richard and Chuck Berry were rock. All day long. 

Axl vs Mercury - it's 100% personal preference. Both are legends and all-time greats. It might be safe to say that at one time they were both the best at what they tried to do as singers and performers.

Gnr vs Queen - again just personal preference. But it is laughable to say that either band is 180 times "better" than the other. Maybe you personally enjoy one way more than the other. Gnr is one of the top hard rock bands of all time. Queen is one of the top rock bands of all time. They both were incredible and all-time greats. 

Absolute statements are kind of silly when one is coming from an point of extreme biase - especially when talking about issues that are mainly subjective. IMO. 

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 2

On 9/26/2016 at 5:21 PM, Babooshka said:

I don't think anyone can sing Queen songs better than Freddie. Axl is the best at what he does though.

it's like comparing apples and oranges

On 9/26/2016 at 4:55 AM, SEPTEM said:

Those two cant be compared. They are the greatest frontmans/rock singers of all time.

Plus they both do (did) diferent things.  However mercury can be tender, sweet but it cant do "badass mean mothafucka ",  axl obviusly can (have) done that. ( even during the same song)., but it might be a style kind of thing or whatever.   Anyway, those two are by far the greatest of all time and axl actually is a fan.   

On a separated issue,  they both are hugly talented song writers (i think mercury is by very far the most talented song writer in rock music ever) .. 

So lets not compare Mr Rose and Mr mercury, ...  Two of a kind, an exinct kind.

yes exactly! it's like comparing apples and oranges. Freddie was smooth and suave, Axl was whiskey and cigarettes. imo i think Adam Lambert comes closest to Freddies's style...again IMO! :)