Engineering a Reunion

little_witch

our rock station in houston played a gnr song ,then the dj said "that was guns n roses,who are starting a n.a. tour ,there is a dallas show ,but we'll let you know if and when there is a houston show, so i think itll be adertised well here, oh ya can some one help me with the tourdate confusion? ( see topic dec 21)

cune77; oh please bro come on were in Houston Texas "hoe-town" we have the shittiest radio stations in Texas. San Antonio, dallas, & esp Austin have greater stations. Besides Houston has nothing but top forty fans that like only stuff that is in style or hip. I mean in freakin Dallas they have a f u c k i n ' DEATH metal station. Houston sucks when it comes to rock I mean all rock 101 playes is zz top, ac/dc, and those overrated creed's & nickelbacks. HOuston Radio jocker Outlaw dave does not even know who THese texas rockers are Chris Duarte, Pure Rubbish, and big wig to name a few if that ain't lame i dunno what is. ANyways DEC 17th baby U KNOW WHERE DA FUCK U ARE TEXAS? UR IN DA JUNGLE WAKE UP TIME 2 DIE....!!!!!!!" HELL YEAH!!!tHE RADIO JOCKEYS ARE ALSO HIPOCRITES THEY DON'T PLAY SHIT OF A PARTICULAR ARTIST BUT ON THE CONCERT THEY COME OUT AND SAY OH WE HERE LOVE SO & SO ANS PLAY SO & SO ALL THE TIME..YEAH WHATEVER. 93.7 CLASSIC ROCK IS THE ONLY STATION WORTH A S H I T! AND THE BUZZ SHIT THEY PLAY WHATEVER IS COOL AT THE SPUR OF THE MOMENT.

NEW GNR 4 LIFE!!

2-SWEET!!

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
Been pretty bored with everything lately so I've had time to think about things.  A reunion might actually be possible.  All you need do is get Slash to admit he's been an idiot and beg Axl's forgiveness. That could work. Ya think?

AAAAAAAahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my debut post!!! :rolleyes:

But anyways, the tables sure has turn Axlites. How big of an apology does Axl owe the old band if he wanted to get back together since no one could seem to work with him. I think Axl would have to wash their dishes for at least 3 years straight. Laundry too. Mow their lawn. He would owe them a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE apology!!

Yes, but it would obviously have to involve a great deal of bowing, scraping and groveling on Slash's part, and then maybe, just maybe, Axl would consider it.  You think?  :D

In reality, I think the new band would have to fail big-time before Axl would even give it a thought.

i dont think slash would have to grovel now and yes the new band has failed

Ya know saying things like Slash should have listened and done what Axl told him to do ect ect... is like saying Yo bitch get me a turkey pot pie.........degrading? Um yes...

Axls obviously couldn't have been the brains of the outfit ..look at what HES done since 1995. Good bad or otherwise the other fellas have been out there getting it on. It may not be your cup of tea but at least they have the balls to get out there and keep going instead of wallowing in what ever self inflicted phycosis Axl purportedly does. talk about illusions of granduer.. its notlike Axl is going to pull the bill and ted thing and record the album that will alter the way the whole world thinks.

And lie.... look at Axls track record. Look at is behvior this last tour. if that doesn't yell brainless loud and clear then I don't know what will for ya people. In the game of life your only a good as your laST GAME.. This little game of silence says it all.

The title of this thread should be engineering bickering not a reunion. I don't want to have to see any of the old band members grovel to one another for a reunion. I would like to see Axl and the boys talking again. I don't want to see new G N'R or Velvet Revolver crash to the ground for a reunion to tkae place. It needs to start out small. Like when Axl showed up at the Cat Club in 2000. He sang some songs with Gilby and then hung around later with him shooting the breeze and catching up old times. If it's gonna happen it should be a slow process to produce the best results. Lastly Chinese Democracy needs to wrap up before I see Axl getting back together with the old crew. Izzy rolled up on his motorcycle several years back and was turned away at Axl's gate. Slash's wife sends Christmas cards every year without a reply back from our favorite red haired singer. It's possible that Axl doesn't want to be bothered with the old crew while he's in his Chinese Democracy phase or maybe he doesn't want anything to do with them for the long haul. I don't know, I'm not about to even try to analyze the thinking of Axl Rose or any other member of Guns N'Roses. Bottom line is I truly believe that a Guns N'Roses reunion is extremely possible but not likely in the near future. Later

Those of you branding Snakepit a failure are forgetting what the point of that band was in the first place.

Slash ALWAYS had a problem with the big stadia gigs, and by forming Snakepit he was going back to his preferred roots.

I don't think - and you don't know - that he wanted to rule the world with that band, and that's not EVEN what he's trying to do with VR.

Snakepit - judging by the quality of songs and the fact that Axl sued for the material - were anything BUT a failure.

it got them happy. When slash was on the Radio 1 rock show he said that he's happier now playing music with snakepit to smaller clubs, than he ever was touring with GN'R.

Slash likes playing smaller clubs better? Oh really? Is that why Slash played with Michael Jackson at Madison Square Garden for a 'small crowd' of about 60,000 or 70,000 people? And for someone who wants to keep a low profile playing smaller clubs, Slash sure aggressively promotes himself - He seems to jump in front of a camera any chance he gets. (It's hard to turn on VH1 without seeing Slash offering up his views). And who does he have to thank for this privilege? No, not Snakepit. ... That's right, Axl.

And you say he's ''happier now"?  Oh really? Is that why he showed up in Vegas for Axl's gig and whined endlessly to the press afterwards when Axl wouldn't let him in to disrupt the show?  Sounds to me like he's not so happy on his own and wants to re-form GNR with Axl. (Afterall, he did say he would have been willing to jam on stage with Axl if Axl had let him). But grandstanding outside Axl's Vegas gig doesn't sound like the best way to mend fences with Axl, ya think?

People talk about Axl's ego -- but I think Slash has a healthy one too.  I think all parties have to check their egos at the door if they ever hope to get back together.

i agree that stuff isnt 100% axl's fault, but sorry, everyone took the high way ,,the tour ended,ppl come and go in gnr cuz of one persons attitude,axl's, i find it hard to belive that its not his fault at all, like him or not he HAS an attitude problem, its like you in a room with 5 ppl and they all say ur wearing red, and ur sayin blue,whos like ly right? if axl would stop being a headcase,do things right,release his dumb cd, show up to shows on time, LIKE EVERYONE ELSE CUZ ITS 04,NOT 91 ANYMORE, he needs leave the attitude at the door,

on the other hand as far as snakepit and everything else not being as successful, well.....duh! ppl will always view slash as "from gnr" and last i checked the new gnr flopped(sorry to say, i hoped they wouldnt), so they are in the same boat, one isnt as good w/o the other. i dont think anyone will take a gnr version 3 seriously.

they should make up at least to be pals

Who resurrected this TWO-YEAR OLD thread? :blink:

For those who don't know ... Little Witch started this thread to get people posting and debating at a time - 2 years ago - when the forum was dying. We both intentionally wrote posts in the first few pages of the thread aimed at getting a reaction from people. LW talks about this about half-way through the thread -- when the thread was a success. :D

Who resurrected this TWO-YEAR OLD thread? :blink:

For those who don't know ... Little Witch started this thread to get people posting and debating at a time - 2 years ago - when the forum was dying. We both intentionally wrote posts in the first few pages of the thread aimed at getting a reaction from people. LW talks about this about half-way through the thread -- when the thread was a success. :D

Yeeeeaahhh sure That's the ticket (doing a John Lovitz SNL impersonation)! :lol:

Who resurrected this TWO-YEAR OLD thread?  :blink:

For those who don't know ... Little Witch started this thread to get people posting and debating at a time - 2 years ago - when the forum was dying. We both intentionally wrote posts in the first few pages of the thread aimed at getting a reaction from people. LW talks about this about half-way through the thread -- when the thread was a success.  :D

Yeeeeaahhh sure That's the ticket (doing a John Lovitz SNL impersonation)! :lol:

dude just look at the first post and the date it was posted