what band memeber (not axl) would you like to see on or back on MyGNR as a poster?

Slash or Izzy (the real Izzy, not a relative or a representative but the man himself) No that isn't a shot at WFA, the more I think about it, it's kinda sad and funny that a kid got official Gn'R social media outlets to publicize his "Izzy" interview.

If we each chip in a buck or so into a PayPal account I bet we could get Tracii Guns to post for a day or two.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx

I'd like Paul Huge Tobias to dish info on the sessions for CD and the "wilderness years"...how he collaborated with Axl (as in- did he write with Axl face to face at all, etc)

Buckethead would be great, but that will never happen (neither will Paul either but since we are hypothetical...)

Guest Len B'stard

None.

Yeah, this. A lot of what is cool about the members of GnR that i like would be significantly reduced if they became regular posters on an internet forum :lol:

• Like 1

None.

Yeah, this. A lot of what is cool about the members of GnR that i like would be significantly reduced if they became regular posters on an internet forum :lol:

That, and the maturity of this forum is far too low for any member past or present to be treated with any sort of respect. And before the anuses blister, I'm not claiming to be above it. I'd be right there insulting whoever with the best of them.

Guest Len B'stard

Personally, i think we all take this 'insulting members' shit too seriously, it's only a bit of a giggle isn't it? I mean say you're with a group of friends or something, who among you is above a bit of pisstaking? You get all these self righteous wankers going 'sad that on a fan forum so many people hate *insert name here*', it ain't about hate, it's just a bit of a wind up, a joke, I mean they're all big boys, i'm sure Axl doesn't sit at home crying over someone calling him a fatty on a forum, in fact he appeared to be a reasonably good humoured sort of fella when he came on here. And it's all such juvenile stuff too (i'm talking about myself and others here), I'm sure it's pretty obvious that it's not meant to be taken seriously.

It doesn't really matter, as they're all just muzzled. They can't answer any of the questions we all want an answer to simply because they either don't know or aren't allowed to tell. As long as that's the situation with the band having bandmembers posting here will just be frustrating for both them and the fans.

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

I got love for Bumble, he's not particularly high on my list of GnR lead guitarists but as a bloke you can't say a bad word about him, he only tripped on here cuz it was kinda required, he actually seems a really sweet bloke. The problem with Bumble is that through his niceness and kindness everyone took him for like a middle scout troop leader personality-wise so when he came on here flipping cuz people were fucking his shit up it seemed all the more odd.

Personally, i think we all take this 'insulting members' shit too seriously, it's only a bit of a giggle isn't it? I mean say you're with a group of friends or something, who among you is above a bit of pisstaking? You get all these self righteous wankers going 'sad that on a fan forum so many people hate *insert name here*', it ain't about hate, it's just a bit of a wind up, a joke, I mean they're all big boys, i'm sure Axl doesn't sit at home crying over someone calling him a fatty on a forum, in fact he appeared to be a reasonably good humoured sort of fella when he came on here. And it's all such juvenile stuff too (i'm talking about myself and others here), I'm sure it's pretty obvious that it's not meant to be taken seriously.

I think you're wrong about Axl. I think he is way too sensitive about what is said about him. He spazzed out because somebody pointed out that Slash shirts were banned at his shows. Calling him fat and telling him that he can't sing definitely wouldn't get a better response.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

I think you're wrong about Axl. I think he is way too sensitive about what is said about him. He spazzed out because somebody pointed out that Slash shirts were banned at his shows. Calling him fat and telling him that he can't sing definitely wouldn't get a better response.
I personally would love to see Axl flip out on someone telling him he sound like Mickey Mouse or says he is fat :shrugs:

Guest Len B'stard

If Axl was on here and i called him a fatty or whatever he could easily shoot it down with 'yeah well thanks for paying for my pies dickhead' :lol: and i'd have respect for him :lol: It's really difficult to really denigrate an artist whoose message board you frequent, he's got the upper hand right off the bat. The Slash shirts thing is a sore spot and sort of a point of principle but banter is something else.

I personally would love to see Axl flip out on someone telling him he sound like Mickey Mouse or says he is fat :shrugs:

You love drama though, so that's to be expected. :shrugs:

If Axl was on here and i called him a fatty or whatever he could easily shoot it down with 'yeah well thanks for paying for my pies dickhead' :lol: and i'd have respect for him :lol: It's really difficult to really denigrate an artist whoose message board you frequent, he's got the upper hand right off the bat. The Slash shirts thing is a sore spot and sort of a point of principle but banter is something else.

Slash and Stephanie telling him he couldn't sing supposedly made him stop for 15 years. His supposed fanbase doing the same isn't going to be taken as lighthearted as you think. The man wbandons his best friends for less.

Guest Len B'stard

Verbally, if i was Axl and Axl was me i'd tear me to shreds. It's like when you were 13 years old tacking posters of me on your wall and wanking off to em i was bangin' out lines of coke off the tits of high end hookers. In fact, the residual smears on her nipples that she washed off in the shower before heading home at 4am were probably paid for by the pocket money you saved up to buy Use Your Illusion II, thats about the extent of your worth to me little boy so behave :lol: I could sit around with my finger up my arse for another 15 years doing exactly fuck all and you'd be right here with all your little mates waiting for a release date for an imaginary album that i ain't even said I'm making.

Point being Axl Rose can't really lose a battle of wills/wits with some joker that types on a forum dedicated to him, he's sort of won before the bell for the first round.

You love drama though, so that's to be expected. :shrugs:

Slash and Stephanie telling him he couldn't sing supposedly made him stop for 15 years. His supposed fanbase doing the same isn't going to be taken as lighthearted as you think. The man wbandons his best friends for less.

I never heard that. i thought we never got no album for 15 years cuz record companies were givin' him grief.

Edited by sugaraylen

People think they needed to be protected and handled with kid gloves. It is kind of laughable when you think of the band labelled as the most dangerous in the world (though that has long since expired) - regardless they are grown men in a rock band. If the can't handle some kids on a forum they should retire.