did steven adler initiate the demise of gnr

seriously here, this might be one of the most controversial areas of discussion of all time in reference to the demise of gnr as we know it

the moment steven gave away 5% to axl was the beginning of the end, the drug abuse and so forth is completely unrelated, its the weak will of popcorn and the fact that axl was being a pissy fit at the time was something that the others should have elbowed out of harms way in support of steven

look, theres a lot of shit to dismantle with this band but in movies there are certain plot points that completely turn a story into a different direction and this one was it, wasn't it

long story short don't let anyone push u around

I think Slash not fighting to keep Steven in the band affected Axl in a big way.

Funny, how it's common knowledge Slash "quit", yet the documented truth is Axl quit GNR and then went to start ANOTHER band with the same

name as the band he had recently quit. He owned the name but the original GNR partnership is still in place as evidenced by many things.

Here come the Adler bashers out in full force. Dude still has millions and is a rock and roll hall of famer.I doubt he'd give two fucks about our opinions especially those of people who were barely born when he was kicking ass with Guns. No matter what you Gn'R-educators say Steven will always be considered the true drummer for the band.

You're obsessed with the age of the posters here

Here come the Adler bashers out in full force. Dude still has millions and is a rock and roll hall of famer.I doubt he'd give two fucks about our opinions especially those of people who were barely born when he was kicking ass with Guns. No matter what you Gn'R-educators say Steven will always be considered the true drummer for the band.

Just calling it like I see it Broham.You know what they say, If the shoe fits...

Do you have anything to add to the topic Brosef?

Just calling it like I see it Broham.You know what they say, If the shoe fits...

Do you have anything to add to the topic Brosef?

No

I think you're a good poster but these gimmicks (brosef, broham and the ageism) annoys the fuck from me

Edited by Crash Diet

I think after Steven was fired GNR was a different band. It was the 5 of them for so long and they were all friends before the band, so yeah, I think it started the beginning of the end.

Izzy left soon after because he didn't like that the band got so huge and he wanted to get clean and sober.

I think Slash and Duff were out of control with their drug and drinking habits. Axl had his own demons too.

I think if there wasn't so much pressure to produce a new album and tour, maybe the band could have helped Steven and Izzy get clean and then get the band back to record and tour.

I know it's hard sometimes when a band member is on drugs and not performing, but I think the other band members should support them.

I know it's hard sometimes to get someone to get clean, but maybe if the band members had been a little older and wiser things would have turned out differently.

But then again, Kiss has fired members and most recently Slipknot, so I guess it's every man for themselves and when you have the added pressure to record and tour, replacing you is the easier choice. I don't think it's always better, but easier.

I would really have been curious to know if Steven and Izzy had be able to stay, if GNR would have stayed together for longer or maybe even until now?

Funny, how it's common knowledge Slash "quit", yet the documented truth is Axl quit GNR and then went to start ANOTHER band with the same

name as the band he had recently quit. He owned the name but the original GNR partnership is still in place as evidenced by many things.

The Rose cultists, of which Del James is a proud member, believe in an alternate reality in which Rose is forever the victim and everyone else is out to get him.

Slash didn't quit Guns N Roses. Slash quit the Axl Rose dictatorship. That Axl owned the name is undisputed. But it had ceased being a band by the time Slash quit.

Slash was yanked off the road by Geffen because Rose said he was ready to write and record for Guns. This "flop", as James called it, sold over a million albums worldwide. This is evidence of the revision of history so common to cults.

Certainly Slash was negative about Huge being forced on the "band" , but that was just more evidence to everyone that Rose was the one in charge and everyone else had to accept his way, or leave. Slash left. Duff felt the same way about Huge Ono and quit soon thereafter. Slash and I suspect Duff were also bitter about the way Rose became the dictator and wielded his dictatorial powers.

But that's not the history the Rose cultists accept. They prefer the other one in which Rose was ever the victim and everyone else was out to get him.

That Rose surrounded himself with these sycophants for so long is the primary reason for the current state of the band.

The Stephanie Seymour ballads initiated the demise of GNR even though they are some of the greatest pieces of music ever composed. Slash wanted more straight up bluesy rock, Axl wanted to evolve, Izzy wanted peace and recuperation, Duff wanted to get fucked up, Sorum was along for the ride.