Does anyone else think Axl should have Tommy do a Paul huge by having him as a studio member only, and have Duff tour?

Guest Gunns

Why dont we have Duff as a touring member, and have Tommy in the studio solely for writing/recording  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it would be cool if Duff came on as a touring member and Tommy as a studio member.

But you also have to take this into consideration

STU-DI-O MEM-BER

/ˈst(y)o͞odēˌō/ /ˈmembər/

noun

1. A member of a musical group who usually works exclusively in recording; generally not seen in a live setting.

"Kenny Aronoff is a well known studio member"

2. (In GN'R terms) Unemployment.

"Paul Tobias is unemployed."

Edited by Nulla Lex Ink.

Tommy doesn't even like the songs so why is it not fair for a guy who could care less about GN'R, and probably was never a fan at all, to be kicked out for the guy who wrote the bass lines and actually does like the songs? I don't care how loyal he's been (loyal to $$$$) or any of that shit. He's a fucking employee, Duff was a band member.

Tommy doesn't even like the songs so why is it not fair for a guy who could care less about GN'R, and probably was never a fan at all, to be kicked out for the guy who wrote the bass lines and actually does like the songs? I don't care how loyal he's been (loyal to $$$$) or any of that shit. He's a fucking employee, Duff was a band member.

I don't think Tommy likes the old songs, but I'd say he cares about the new songs. He seems particularly fond of TWAT (one of the Vegas shows he says the band always has a blast playing it).

Guest Gunns

I think Duff being back in the touring lineup would be enough to generate some more public acceptance of GnR. Granted he's not slash, so that will always not carry the same weight, but I think Duff being in GnR will be a strong positive for the band , especially if Axl continues to choose not to release any new music.

I think if they ever get in the studio again, it would be cool for Duff and Izzy to drop in to play or with a song. Like if it was the GNR self-titled album. Touring, anything really if Izzy can't be fucked or Duff doesn't really want to thats ok, them dropping in gives the tour a bit of kick in the pants. It's all good at this point.