GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

55 minutes ago, Rock Hopper said:

You are right, everyone seems to pass over the fact that Slash has become a bit of a porker in the past few years.  It's a bit like the domestic violence thing isn't it.  Axl always gets it in the neck for beating his women, but Steven Adler gets away with it.  He was sentenced to 150 days in jail, but thats never mentioned.  Slash was arrested for DV, but not charged.  Even Erin Everly has been arrested for DV.  The more I read, the more heart sorry I feel for Axl.  Seems he is still getting a good kicking for things he did 25 years and more ago.  

Exactly, when you look at it, they all have really bad things in their past, but nobody repeatedly brings it up about them. The shady way Todd Crew from Jetboy died when he was hanging around Slash is all forgotten, nevermind ey, cos Slash is cool. It's ok for all of them though, because they didn't know what they were doing, they were high or drunk, so their behaviour is excusable. They can't remember it anyway (yeah right). But someone we know to struggle with some sort of debilitating mental illness, well, it's all different for him! Thinking this way though, we are in the minority lol. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Rock Hopper said:

It's a bit like the domestic violence thing isn't it.  Axl always gets it in the neck for beating his women, but Steven Adler gets away with it.  He was sentenced to 150 days in jail, but thats never mentioned.  Slash was arrested for DV, but not charged.  Even Erin Everly has been arrested for DV.  The more I read, the more heart sorry I feel for Axl.  Seems he is still getting a good kicking for things he did 25 years and more ago.  

This

Axl is an easy target, that's why he gets much more crap compaired to other guys. He's a band destroyer, woman beater, homophob and racist....Nevermind that one of his bandmates was half black, that his favourite musicians were Elton John and Freddie Mercury, that the DV charges did not appear for more 20 years.....Now he's even ''fat fuck'' how some call him on AC/DC forum. 

He's done a lot of shitty things in his past, but not much worse than others did. And still he does not get away with it as others do. But general public don't care about that. Whenever you try to show someone the other side of the story, that he had a really bad childhood, that he had severe psychological problems etc. not a lot of them are willing to accept or just try to understand. 

The injustice bothers me a lot and it took me a lot of time to swallow that those things will never change. But the truth is they wont. Axl Rose will always stay the bad guy of rock n' roll

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Ota said:

It´s not true about Beta.

From article: A huge desire of Axl is to be father and Beth wants for that to happen (with a point of typical of the mothers jealousies) so that he find a wonderful woman who can understand him.

http://ladydairhean.0catch.com/Axl/Interviews/article0154.htm

Sounds too sweet to be true.....

And a Mother would NEVER say " Well, he's got Sasha".

Once again Izzy:

tumblr_mrix9geDtp1sqqzmco1_500.gif

and his ex-wife:

index.jpg

She doesn't look very well here /neither does he/.

5 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

He doesn't look very amused with said tickling, is it cos Axls watch stopped working again? :lol: 25 minutes isn't too bad for the Ax man is it? 

Nah, he smiled at him immediately after, 20 minutes is nothing even for punctual artists, for Axl is positively early :lol:

I never saw Annica, she was pretty!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

What was with Axl last night? He was really enjoying himself and was being quite annoying as well (but in a great way) :rofl-lol:. Here's him imitating Duff

W6E8Pg.gif

I don't know, but I love it when he's like that. He keeps getting happier and happier, it's really nice to see. Last time I saw him with guns, he looked so sad, it made me sad. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Frey said:

I am shocked and surprised these gifs and videos of Axl tickling Slash are not in this thread yet :awesomeface:

Oh sorry, my mistake. I was too lazy :P

But here's another video of Axl teasing Slash (in Mickey costume) :rofl-lol:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Juliette said:

I think Erin was the love of his life, like a lot of chemistry these two had.

It´s sad that Axl was really sick in these period of his life, and his childhood´s problems afected terribly on his romantic relationships.  I don´t get why he doesn´t have a normal girlfriend not that sasha w%&$ .

100% agree with you!

fbf53384a0df6afc60edb9e35f0cb542.jpg

• Like 3

@Lanna There is no way that the trashy looking chick in the picture you posted is the same woman as in the video @Jane M. posted. And the chick in the video is Annika, because Izzy asks if she's coming earlier in the video.

@killuridols Slash constantly lies. He lies and manipulates and is always very subtle about it, but sometimes he gets caught. Like the time he went to Axl's house. Or when Axl calls him out about the shit in his book. In comparison to that, the article is peanuts, but the nonchalant facade he tries to present there is pretty laughable. I still remember him talking about how that cancer comment pissed him off and hurt him, and yet here he couldn't care less again. It's like Marc Canter said, Slash likes to look cool and will do and say whatever to achieve that, depending on the situation.

Also that interview @Ota and @Lumikki posted is the wrong one. There were multiple interviews with Beta back then, and I remember the thing where she mentioned being jealous of a potential girlfriend as well. There was some discussion (read: shit posting) about that going on, similar to that forum comment Lumikki posted. I should have saved all that crap, but how was I supposed to know I'd one day be here chatting on a gossip thread :lol:

33 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

He doesn't look very amused with said tickling, is it cos Axls watch stopped working again? :lol: 25 minutes isn't too bad for the Ax man is it? 

I think Slash was just concentrating on his playing. I mean he's always totally focused on what he's doing. Axl's just constantly trying to distract him :lol:

So I don't think we need to start with the "Slash and Duff were mad at Axl for being late, and Axl was trying to get in their good graces again on stage" theories just yet lol.

And Slash did smile a bit at least:

57 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Exactly, when you look at it, they all have really bad things in their past, but nobody repeatedly brings it up about them. The shady way Todd Crew from Jetboy died when he was hanging around Slash is all forgotten, nevermind ey, cos Slash is cool. It's ok for all of them though, because they didn't know what they were doing, they were high or drunk, so their behaviour is excusable. They can't remember it anyway (yeah right). But someone we know to struggle with some sort of debilitating mental illness, well, it's all different for him! Thinking this way though, we are in the minority lol. 

I give Axl a lot of crap and I feel he deserves it, but my opinion of Slash isn't very high either. Dude's been involved in some shady ass shit and is spineless as fuck.

Like the Todd Crew thing. If you believe his band mates, then Slash fucking killed the guy. And got away with it. I think the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle, but I think Slash sure wasn't as innocent as he likes to pretend when it comes to Todd's death.

Or another one where he was acting really spineless and pussy-ish is the whole Axl and Erin saga. Slash was around sometimes and watched Axl being violent and abusive with Erin and he never did anything about it. I remember Meegan talking about how things were particularly bad again one night and Erin was begging Axl to stop hurting her and to stop destroying her things, and Meegan turned to Slash and told him to stop it and to do something. But Slash just said that would only make things worse and did nothing. It's pretty disgusting, he'd rather sit on his hands and watch a young girl get abused than to step in. Despite the fact that he was the only one in the room who would have had a chance to overpower/subdue Axl or get him to calm down in some way.

Not to mention the whole trash talking his band mates and lying about it thing. We don't know for sure if he actually called them frauds, spineless (hah!), etc. when he visited Axl's house or if that is something Axl's (or Beta's) disturbed little minds came up with, but the fact that he lied at first about ever going to Axl's house and then later admitted it, makes me think it's possible he lied about trash talking the other guys in VR as well. And he has a history of lying to make himself look cool (as Marc Canter put it) anyway, so it all fits.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cheesecake said:

---------------------------------------------------------

Ok I've watched Sorry and Estranged and yes...he was less bloated in Philly. Nothing to do with angles etc. Some shows he was bloated some not.

He looked great!

His diet is highly suspect IMO.

Yeah, this is exactly what we were talking before. I've watched a couple videos now and his big gut was almost gone last night :wow:

What I don't understand is how come he has a personal trainer who is touring with them but this person isn't watching what Axl drinks and eats? Is it another leecher on payroll having free trips around the world?

I'd be worried if I was a personal trainer and people would keep talking about how fat my clients are :rolleyes:

Anyway, Axl pours liters of sweat per night so at least these shows are a good exercise for him. The rest of his body looks good. Even his face is looking very young :)

1 hour ago, Rock Hopper said:

You are right, everyone seems to pass over the fact that Slash has become a bit of a porker in the past few years.  It's a bit like the domestic violence thing isn't it.  Axl always gets it in the neck for beating his women, but Steven Adler gets away with it.  He was sentenced to 150 days in jail, but thats never mentioned.  Slash was arrested for DV, but not charged.  Even Erin Everly has been arrested for DV.  The more I read, the more heart sorry I feel for Axl.  Seems he is still getting a good kicking for things he did 25 years and more ago.  

Weren't you the one who had to Google Axl Rose? 

You now seem to know too much detail for someone who didn't know anything about the band 2 months ago :suspicious:

The information about Erin is presented in the wrong way.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Here we are :lol:

XbS3iHY.gif

I can't believe Slash remains like a stiff rock after Axl doing that! :wow:

FUCK DAMN IT SLASH!!!! You must be like one of the 3 people in the world who gets that from Axl and you don't care??? Don't you see I so much wish to have been in your place?? That things I would have done to that man in return :drool:

:facepalm:

40 minutes ago, nn18 said:

This

Axl is an easy target, that's why he gets much more crap compaired to other guys. He's a band destroyer, woman beater, homophob and racist....Nevermind that one of his bandmates was half black, that his favourite musicians were Elton John and Freddie Mercury, that the DV charges did not appear for more 20 years.....Now he's even ''fat fuck'' how some call him on AC/DC forum. 

He's done a lot of shitty things in his past, but not much worse than others did. And still he does not get away with it as others do. But general public don't care about that. Whenever you try to show someone the other side of the story, that he had a really bad childhood, that he had severe psychological problems etc. not a lot of them are willing to accept or just try to understand. 

The injustice bothers me a lot and it took me a lot of time to swallow that those things will never change. But the truth is they wont. Axl Rose will always stay the bad guy of rock n' roll

Because having a bad childhood and psychological problems doesn't really give you a free pass to do whatever you want and be forgiven by society or people in general because of that.

You know, most people who are in jail for committing crimes or rapes or homicide have a similar story of trouble childhood, bad raising, family problems, drugs and alcohol problems, etc. and that is not a reason to forgive and forget what they've done to their victims.

Also, lots of people have those same problems when growing up and do not become criminals or outlaws. So I don't think it is correct to justify the wrong behavior of someone because of their problems. We all have problems and that doesn't give us the right to destroy other people because of them.

The reason why he's singled out more than the other members of the band is because of his popularity. He is really a rock icon, much ready to go next to Mick Jagger, Jim Morrison and Elvis when his time comes.

People will mostly believe in what they are shown and what Axl's shown at times wasn't good. Most people don't have time or are not willing to sit down and try to understand the reasons behind something or someone. Truth is most of us don't care, don't have time or have better things to do, so the easiest path is to cling to what's being shown to us. You show me you're a jerk, well that's what I'm gonna believe. No time for me to analyze what led you to become a jerk.

That's how reputation work and that's why it is so difficult to change your reputation once you've done something wrong. Same happens when someone with excellent reputation does something wrong and people just can't believe they did it.

18 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

What was with Axl last night? He was really enjoying himself and was being quite annoying as well (but in a great way) :rofl-lol:. Here's him imitating Duff

W6E8Pg.gif

lol

Thats proof of KOHD being a drag! :lol:

Axl doesn't know what to do to kill time :P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

lol

Ha! My husband would occasionally walk by me on the computer last night and once, after I was like "they're still on KOHD <_<" my husband was like "come on axl, shit or get off the pot" 

I was actually about to ask what song that was from since I see my man is not using a pick and I'm trying to figure out which songs he's been using fingers for (KOHD and Don't Cry so far) 

19 minutes ago, Frey said:

@killuridols Slash constantly lies. He lies and manipulates and is always very subtle about it, but sometimes he gets caught. Like the time he went to Axl's house. Or when Axl calls him out about the shit in his book. In comparison to that, the article is peanuts, but the nonchalant facade he tries to present there is pretty laughable. I still remember him talking about how that cancer comment pissed him off and hurt him, and yet here he couldn't care less again. It's like Marc Canter said, Slash likes to look cool and will do and say whatever to achieve that, depending on the situation.

Also that interview @Ota and @Lumikki posted is the wrong one. There were multiple interviews with Beta back then, and I remember the thing where she mentioned being jealous of a potential girlfriend as well. There was some discussion (read: shit posting) about that going on, similar to that forum comment Lumikki posted. I should have saved all that crap, but how was I supposed to know I'd one day be here chatting on a gossip thread :lol:

----------

I give Axl a lot of crap and I feel he deserves it, but my opinion of Slash isn't very high either. Dude's been involved in some shady ass shit and is spineless as fuck.

Like the Todd Crew thing. If you believe his band mates, then Slash fucking killed the guy. And got away with it. I think the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle, but I think Slash sure wasn't as innocent as he likes to pretend when it comes to Todd's death.

Or another one where he was acting really spineless and pussy-ish is the whole Axl and Erin saga. Slash was around sometimes and watched Axl being violent and abusive with Erin and he never did anything about it. I remember Meegan talking about how things were particularly bad again one night and Erin was begging Axl to stop hurting her and to stop destroying her things, and Meegan turned to Slash and told him to stop it and to do something. But Slash just said that would only make things worse and did nothing. It's pretty disgusting, he'd rather sit on his hands and watch a young girl get abused than to step in. Despite the fact that he was the only one in the room who would have had a chance to overpower/subdue Axl or get him to calm down in some way.

Not to mention the whole trash talking his band mates and lying about it thing. We don't know for sure if he actually called them frauds, spineless (hah!), etc. when he visited Axl's house or if that is something Axl's (or Beta's) disturbed little minds came up with, but the fact that he lied at first about ever going to Axl's house and then later admitted it, makes me think it's possible he lied about trash talking the other guys in VR as well. And he has a history of lying to make himself look cool (as Marc Canter put it) anyway, so it all fits.

I don't know which are the lies in Slash book because Axl didn't specify, so that would help me a lot to understand if he cleared that up.

And yes, I do see how sometimes he was saying shit to appear cool. Like when he made fun of the videos or SCOM or the "Stephanie Seymour ballads" and now he ended up playing said ballad :lol:

Im not sure though if you can call those things "lies". When it comes to feelings, some people are just like that. Other times I feel we focus too much on the past, on things they did when they were 20 years old or 30 years old and that's so unfair because people DO CHANGE when they get older and that doesn't make the person a liar. It's called growing up and maturing :facepalm:

Yes, he could have done something about Axl hurting Erin but we are talking about a 20 something guy, probably drunk and drugged, in the 80s when that mentality and behavior was still approved and accepted and from what I can get from his social media, Slash is a mysoginist guy, pretty much like Axl or more. So I wouldn't expect any "gentleman" reaction from such person. 

I think it is possible that he said those things about his VR band mates, although he saying that to Beta sounds a bit odd but this band is a bunch of looney tunes :shrugs:

49 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yeah, this is exactly what we were talking before. I've watched a couple videos now and his big gut was almost gone last night :wow:

What I don't understand is how come he has a personal trainer who is touring with them but this person isn't watching what Axl drinks and eats? Is it another leecher on payroll having free trips around the world?

I'd be worried if I was a personal trainer and people would keep talking about how fat my clients are :rolleyes:

Anyway, Axl pours liters of sweat per night so at least these shows are a good exercise for him. The rest of his body looks good. Even his face is looking very young :)

Weren't you the one who had to Google Axl Rose? 

You now seem to know too much detail for someone who didn't know anything about the band 2 months ago :suspicious:

The information about Erin is presented in the wrong way.

I can't believe Slash remains like a stiff rock after Axl doing that! :wow:

FUCK DAMN IT SLASH!!!! You must be like one of the 3 people in the world who gets that from Axl and you don't care??? Don't you see I so much wish to have been in your place?? That things I would have done to that man in return :drool:

:facepalm:

Because having a bad childhood and psychological problems doesn't really give you a free pass to do whatever you want and be forgiven by society or people in general because of that.

You know, most people who are in jail for committing crimes or rapes or homicide have a similar story of trouble childhood, bad raising, family problems, drugs and alcohol problems, etc. and that is not a reason to forgive and forget what they've done to their victims.

Also, lots of people have those same problems when growing up and do not become criminals or outlaws. So I don't think it is correct to justify the wrong behavior of someone because of their problems. We all have problems and that doesn't give us the right to destroy other people because of them.

The reason why he's singled out more than the other members of the band is because of his popularity. He is really a rock icon, much ready to go next to Mick Jagger, Jim Morrison and Elvis when his time comes.

People will mostly believe in what they are shown and what Axl's shown at times wasn't good. Most people don't have time or are not willing to sit down and try to understand the reasons behind something or someone. Truth is most of us don't care, don't have time or have better things to do, so the easiest path is to cling to what's being shown to us. You show me you're a jerk, well that's what I'm gonna believe. No time for me to analyze what led you to become a jerk.

That's how reputation work and that's why it is so difficult to change your reputation once you've done something wrong. Same happens when someone with excellent reputation does something wrong and people just can't believe they did it.

lol

Yup this was the best he had looked since the start of this tour IMO. I can't stop looking at his pictures and videos.

Axl, if you are reading this (highly unlikely, I know) please continue doing what you are doing prior to the Philly show. You're looking goooooooood.

2 hours ago, Lanna said:

tumblr_mrix9geDtp1sqqzmco1_500.gif

and his ex-wife:

index.jpg

She doesn't look very well here /neither does he/.

Oh HELL NO! That ain't Annica. She wasn't around in the '80s when they "dated" that bunch of groupies/whores. LOL

Annica came into the picture after he got sober. 

• Like 1

Axl's "joke" about Beta was so cringeworthy. Apart from not being funny, 99% of the people he's telling that Beta story to have no fucking idea who or what he's talking about. No one except us hardcore fans here knows who Beta or TB is. Typical example of him living in his own little bubble again.

Also what did he say after he tickled Slash? Can anyone understand that? It sounds like "He ignores me" to me, but not sure.

26 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

Oh HELL NO! That ain't Annica. She wasn't around in the '80s when they "dated" that bunch of groupies/whores. LOL

Annica came into the picture after he got sober. 

Yeah, that's a completely different woman obviously and that picture is clearly from the 80s. I hate how shit constantly gets mislabled and then spread around until everyone believes these things to be fact.

It's the same with all the pictures that are supposedly Axl's mother or father. The ONLY picture of Axl's mother that exists is the yearbook one dalsh posted here in this thread (and probably the woman in the blurry ones Lumikki posted). And the only picture of his father is MAYBE the yearbook one also posted here in this thread by dalsh, and even that's not sure.

I don't know why misinformation getting spread around pisses me off so much, but it does. :max: And it gets so ridiculous at times. A while ago I saw a picture labeled as "baby Axl with his mom" somewhere, among a bunch of other actual pictures of Axl. A happily smiling woman holding a happily smiling baby. That picture was clearly not a picture from the 60s, but a picture of a modern day baby with his mom, but no one seemed to realize that apparently :facepalm:

Edited by Frey
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Frey said:

Also what did he say after he tickled Slash? Can anyone understand that? It sounds like "He ignores me" to me, but not sure.

Well, according to Slash, he is used to more "exciting" surprises from behind.......a little bit of tickling ain't going to cut it now

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

Yup this was the best he had looked since the start of this tour IMO. I can't stop looking at his pictures and videos.

Axl, if you are reading this (highly unlikely, I know) please continue doing what you are doing prior to the Philly show. You're looking goooooooood.

Same here. He looked amazing :drool:. And sounded even better :drool:

Axl, if you are reading this, just STOP! It's nothing you need to know :max:

:rofl-lol:

• Like 1