Carlycosmos

GNR Women's discussion

4 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

That's why I think the band are doing so great, able to get a deal for stadiums etc. Duff makes a world of difference, you're right. 

Duff for hire as GN'R Manager 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Well, Theres Duff now, He can help Axl about money

But will Beta accept that? Probably not ...

9 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Duff for hire as GN'R Manager 

I bet he's secretly running the show, let Axl think he is by having model parties, Duff will handle the real stuff :awesomeface:

• Like 1

On 23.08.2016 at 10:09 AM, tiutso said:

I've seen 3 of these in HQ. Does anyone have the other three (second, fourth, the upper on the right)?

Безымянный.jpg

Is no one gonna ease my soul? :(

6 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I bet he's secretly running the show, let Axl think he is by having model parties, Duff will handle the real stuff :awesomeface:

He's Duff the Micromanager..

• Like 1

They should display this when He play The Godfather theme :lol:

This looks badass :axl::slash: but missing Duff

When Slash cosplaying as Melissa :rofl-lol:

26 minutes ago, RooSaa said:

But will Beta accept that? Probably not ...

Well I dont think She can complaint if Axl let Duff manage the Band

6 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Well I dont think She can complaint if Axl let Duff manage the Band

I was reffering to the 'Let Duff help Axl with the money' ... but i think that applies for this case too. Doubt Beta would allow anyone else to manage either the band or axl. Its all lost control and lost money for her ...

1 minute ago, RooSaa said:

I was reffering to the 'Let Duff help Axl with the money' ... but i think that applies for this case too. Doubt Beta would allow anyone else to manage either the band or axl. Its all lost control and lost money for her ...

But if She argue with Axl N' fight or something, makes Axl decide to do something tht put Her at disadvantage, She could lost the money too. Back then Axl was depressed N'' All His Friends leaving the Band N' maybe like Everyone said She use tht moment to be Axl Manager.  Now Duff N' Slash are back, Axl is happy N' change, Axl could change His decision anytime. N' even tho Beta insist to become the Manager, She could work together with Duff

25 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

Thanks @pinkforgirls

Whoever ate those..sure love to eat junks LOL. I'm sure Duff was not invited to the last supper.

Someone need to make GN'R Last Supper Meme :D 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

But if She argue with Axl N' fight or something, makes Axl decide to do something tht put Her at disadvantage, She could lost the money too. Back then Axl was depressed N'' All His Friends leaving the Band N' maybe like Everyone said She use tht moment to be Axl Manager.  Now Duff N' Slash are back, Axl is happy N' change, Axl could change His decision anytime. N' even tho Beta insist to become the Manager, She could work together with Duff

Not sure how much control she has over Axl and Axls life and decisions. Read something about blackmailing Axl, so if she once did that, she will probably do it again to get what she wants.

http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-08-23/guns-n-roses-appetite-for-destruction-voted-best-debut-of-the-last-30-years

16 minutes ago, RooSaa said:

Not sure how much control she has over Axl and Axls life and decisions. Read something about blackmailing Axl, so if she once did that, she will probably do it again to get what she wants.

Well, I dont think She will do it twice. Cause it will be suspicious

Edited by SerenityScorp

@tiutso I have a lot of GnR pics, but I've never seen HQ versions of the ones you want unfortunately :( I only have another one from that same shoot where Slash looks completely passed out on the couch lol.

And shouldn't that thread still be around somewhere if it was from 2012? Or did it get deleted? If you know the title of the thread or something it should be easy to find.

11 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/tracii-guns-on-guns-n-roses-reunion-i-think-its-the-greatest-thing-there-could-be-for-rock-and-roll-right-now/

He continued, "I haven't spoken to Axl since 1988, but we still have a lot of mutual friends. I don't wish him ill, but it's hard because he never stops saying bad things about me. He was on my MySpace page doing that very recently.

I dunno if this is true or not 

So in 2007 Axl used to have a MySpace account and apparently used it to harrass Tracii Guns.

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

I don't even know what to say to this. Just... Axl  :facepalm::facepalm::lol::rofl-lol:

And it's even more proof of something we already knew: That Axl spends a lot of time on the internet :rolleyes: (Not that I have any room to judge lol).

Why have I never heard this hilarious story before lol.

11 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

@Lumikki You can skip those part, You have to read it, its awesome fic

Maybe I will pick it up again some time. Though I suspect that would rip my heart out with the direction this story seems to be heading in.

15 hours ago, killuridols said:

Crazy but do you think is it true? I'd love to see pictures of that.... Because it reminded me of something and I became :suspicious:

Vicky had organized a meeting to sign the long-awaited contract with several record executives at Geffen in March 1986. But on the day Axl lost his contact lenses and refused to go. He flew into a rage thinking someone had stolen his contact lenses, refused to go to the meeting and stormed out of the house telling the others to 'go without him'.

Vicky recalled: 'All I wanted to do was get down there and sign the contract and the clock in my mind was going tick tock and it's getting later and later. I'm just thinking "Don't blow it, let's get the money". 'In my mind I was thinking: "Please God just let me get my apartment back to myself." 'What was going through Axl's head was "Who took my contact lenses so I can't read the contract?"

'Then we eventually found him sitting on top of the Whisky A Go Go, in an easy pose looking over the city where he would become the new reigning king.' Axl had climbed up to the roof via a fire escape.

Eventually he was persuaded to come down after Slash told him his contacts had been found - in his pants.

Well, I wouldn't put anything past Axl, so I could see it being true. And as your quote shows, he apparently loves to climb around on roofs :rolleyes:

Thanks for posting that quote by the way. I've always been curious about that incident. Because it's one of these baffling Axl things where you just ask yourself "Why is him not finding his contact lenses such a big deal? Why does he freak out like that just because he can't find them and makes everyone late for such an important event?" I mean people constantly lose things, annoying yes, but no reason to be such a drama queen about it.

If what Vicky says is true, that Axl was thinking something along the lines of "Who took my contact lenses so I can't read the contract?" (first time I've heard that), then well... that's some really fucking paranoid thinking right there. :scared: Makes him seem pretty cray-cray. I mean, what's more likely, you just having misplaced your contacts somewhere or someone among your friends having made an evil plan to steal them so you can't read what the company (that they're apparently conspiring with) makes you sign. Jeeeez. (And what was keeping him from just wearing his glasses anyway? Or having someone else read the contract for him? No wait, probably not trustworthy enough...)

Side Note: Does that mean Axl is far-sighted? Because reading a contract shouldn't be a problem if he's near-sighted.

Also LOL at the mental image of Slash going through Axl's dirty clothes in search of the contact lenses. :lol:  (Because it was Slash who found the contact lenses in the pockets of some pants Axl had worn 2 days ago or so.)

16 hours ago, Mandy123 said:

This was at that Storage space on Gardner. They had no PA system for Axl, so they'd scream in each other's ears during rehearsal to get things across. Both Duff and Slash said in their books that normally they couldn't hear Axl singing during rehearsals, so sometimes they'd hear songs for the 1st time with the lyrics on stage. 

Ah, thanks. That's what I suspected, but I've always found that picture interesting because Axl looks so fucked up and exhausted and Duff looks pretty angry while screaming there lol.

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

And shouldn't that thread still be around somewhere if it was from 2012? Or did it get deleted? If you know the title of the thread or something it should be easy to find.

No, that's the point. It got deleted quite soon after being opened up, and the only reason I found out about it was because the OP created another to complain about that first one being deleted :lol:

17 hours ago, Lumikki said:

When I was 14 or so, I basically learned English from reading Izzy/Axl and Slaxl (and also some Sluff) fan fiction. I'm not even joking

lmao 

10 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

If what Vicky says is true, that Axl was thinking something along the lines of "Who took my contact lenses so I can't read the contract?" (first time I've heard that), then well... that's some really fucking paranoid thinking right there. :scared: Makes him seem pretty cray-cray. I mean, what's more likely, you just having misplaced your contacts somewhere or someone among your friends having made an evil plan to steal them so you can't read what the company (that they're apparently conspiring with) makes you sign. Jeeeez. (And what was keeping him from just wearing his glasses anyway? Or having someone else read the contract for him? No wait, probably not trustworthy enough...)

Eh, I don't think there's a calm and rational thought process at play? Mood swings that have to do with mental illness (if we're theorizing there's one involved) don't really need a reasonable trigger. Even if you deal with less intense issues than a biporal disorder, like a generalized depression, some rather innocent incidents can instantly send you down an uncontrollable spiral of self-disgust towards suicidal ideation or somethig alike. You're not gonna just sit them down and say, "Come on, no reason to be paranoid".

24 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

And it's even more proof of something we already knew: That Axl spends a lot of time on the internet :rolleyes: (Not that I have any room to judge lol).

I'm suspicious that he's one of us :ph34r:. We need to find out :max:. Any tips?

Lol, I really hope that he's never seen this thread, for his own good :nervous:

@Lumikki 

-Really hope He still likes the internet N' not like Duff tht hates it N' even want to kill the internet :P

- Well, yeah it will. Wish Izzy will read those messages from Axl

14 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I'm suspicious that he's one of us :ph34r:. We need to find out :max:. Any tips?

Lol, I really hope that he's never seen this thread, for his own good :nervous:

Yeah maybe He read this thread, N' join Us gossiping with new account :D

Edited by SerenityScorp

That MySpace thing is hilarious, but the entire quote is interesting actually:

He continued, "I haven't spoken to Axl since 1988, but we still have a lot of mutual friends. I don't wish him ill, but it's hard because he never stops saying bad things about me. He was on my MySpace page doing that very recently.

"Axl's problem is that if people don't support him a hundred percent in what he's doing, he just doesn't want to know them anymore. He's so talented, but that talent comes from being a nervous wreck and some place in your head you need to be happy, which he isn't."

This rings very true to me. The first thing is definitely true (is that kind of black and white thinking indicative of something?), and I've also always suspected that Axl is actually really fucking insecure and full of anxieties.

12 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:
20 hours ago, dgnr said:

awww I've actually lost count of how many times I saw this video :o The Queen song and that last part where Axl says 'I love you too'. Props to you, it's great!!

I think its not I love You too

It is. (And yes, I watched that video, don't look at me like that :lol:)

This is what Axl says:

"Fuck you, Slash!"

"I know what that little dedication is about."

"I love you too." (Axl was being sarcastic, because Slash had done something to piss him off.)

I'm actually curious about that little incident. Wth is going on there? What did Slash do to piss Axl off? (And what show is that from?)

Please explain this to me, oh wise ladies of the womens' thread :D

(The end of that video if anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about)

Edited by Frey
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Frey said:

This is what Axl says:

"Fuck you, Slash!"

"I love you too." (Axl was being sarcastic, because Slash had done something to piss him off.)

I wondered sooo much about that part of the video. Did you read that Axl was pissed at Slash during the concert or are you just asuming it?

12 minutes ago, Frey said:

I'm actually curious about that little incident. Wth is going on there? What did Slash do to piss Axl off? (And what show is that from?)

I think I've read it on Tumblr that the intro he played to that song was out of some other song that's supposed to be telling. But I'm not sure what it's about.

48 minutes ago, tiutso said:

Eh, I don't think there's a calm and rational thought process at play? Mood swings that have to do with mental illness (if we're theorizing there's one involved) don't really need a reasonable trigger. Even if you deal with less intense issues than a biporal disorder, like a generalized depression, some rather innocent incidents can instantly send you down an uncontrollable spiral of self-disgust towards suicidal ideation or somethig alike. You're not gonna just sit them down and say, "Come on, no reason to be paranoid".

Yeah, that's basically what I was saying, only I wasn't very nice about it (shouldn't have called him cray-cray). His behavior there definitely wasn't very rational and can most likely be blamed on some kind of mental health issue, yes.

57 minutes ago, tiutso said:
1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

No, that's the point. It got deleted quite soon after being opened up, and the only reason I found out about it was because the OP created another to complain about that first one being deleted :lol:

17 hours ago, Lumikki said:

When I was 14 or so, I basically learned English from reading Izzy/Axl and Slaxl (and also some Sluff) fan fiction. I'm not even joking

lmao

Who was the OP of that thread? I'm angry at myself for not remembering if I ever read that thread or not. It sounds like it must have been pretty hilarious :lol:

No one can ever say again GNR fan fiction isn't good for anything. It teaches bored little children new languages at least :P

24 minutes ago, Frey said:

That MySpace thing is hilarious, but the entire quote is interesting actually:

He continued, "I haven't spoken to Axl since 1988, but we still have a lot of mutual friends. I don't wish him ill, but it's hard because he never stops saying bad things about me. He was on my MySpace page doing that very recently.

"Axl's problem is that if people don't support him a hundred percent in what he's doing, he just doesn't want to know them anymore. He's so talented, but that talent comes from being a nervous wreck and some place in your head you need to be happy, which he isn't."

This rings very true to me. The first thing is definitely true (is that kind of black and white thinking indicative of something?), and I've also always suspected that Axl is actually really fucking insecure and full of anxieties.

Yes, I agree. I always thought Axl was a ball of nervous energy and insecurity as well. He seems to be doing much better these days though.

24 minutes ago, Frey said:

This is what Axl says:

"Fuck you, Slash!"

I just watched that video again and I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THIS AS WELL.

It's such an interesting little exchange. And the only time we've ever heard Axl say "I love you" to Slash, even if he did in an annoyed/grumpy/sarcastic way :P

Also that entire bit between 1:20 and 2:40. That's all from the same concert, right? @Asia help pls :P

(I admit, I actually haven't watched many of these old GNR shows. Which show is that anyway?)

I mean, WTH WAS GOING ON WITH THEM THAT DAY?!! :blink::D:wub:

It's like they spent the entire show just cuddling with each other and being all over each other. They're extraordinarily affectionate and clingy there.

Drunk? High? Or a special day for them or something? :lol:

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 1

Just now, Lumikki said:

Who was the OP of that thread? I'm angry at myself for not remembering if I ever read that thread or not. It sounds like it must have been pretty hilarious :lol:

2 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

I mean, WTH WAS GOING ON WITH THEM THAT DAY?!!

I thinkit's been said that Axl might've been sick. He's kinda leaning forward in one of the sequences, Slash seems to be checking up on him.

32 minutes ago, RooSaa said:

I wondered sooo much about that part of the video. Did you read that Axl was pissed at Slash during the concert or are you just asuming it?

I was just assuming it because of the things Axl is saying there. Don't know how else you could interpret that lol.

22 minutes ago, tiutso said:

I think I've read it on Tumblr that the intro he played to that song was out of some other song that's supposed to be telling. But I'm not sure what it's about.

The song is Only Women Bleed by Alice Cooper I think.

Which has some references to men beating their wifes/women in it and generally treating women like shit.

Maybe Axl was awful to Erin or Steph again that day and Slash was making a dig at him with that song???

Edited to add I just checked and what Axl is singing are indeed some of the lyrics of Only Women Bleed as well. But weirdly enough only the last part of what he's singing. No idea about the "Make love why don't you" (?) part.

Edited by Frey

10 minutes ago, tiutso said:

Someone said this, maybe We can search on tht forum

Of course you can. I'm not sure that it will do any good though. If it doesn't, Arnie has already started the same thread at GNFNR, so you can always discuss it there.